Twilight Series For those who have read Breaking Dawn...

Lyssypoo posted on Aug 03, 2008 at 12:52AM
Just putting this out there...

What in the HELL kind of name is Renesmee?

Why do edward and bella hate thier child so much as to name her something so stupid?

I know they combined Rene and Esme, but couldnt they have combined Charlie and Carlisle to make "Carlie"?

I havent finished it yet, but I kind of dont like it. I think it's weird, with the whole half vamp half human hybrid. And I dont like the vampire version of Bella. but then again i didnt like the human version of bella either.

And I still think they should have named it something other than Renesmee. They might have well just named her Shiloh or Suri or Maddox or whatever.

They could have even combined Rosalie and Emmet and gotten "Emilie"!

The book will probably get better at the end though. (hopefully) Stephenie ususally never fails to surprise me.

I'm sure it will have a kickass ending- like the Cullens vs. The Volturi because Volturi want Renesmee dead, because of the whole killing all the vamp babies like earlier mentioned. so I'm sure there'll be a big showdown. And i have a gut feeling either carlisle or rosalie or both end up in ashes.

and how bogus was the bedward sex?
last edited on Aug 03, 2008 at 12:54AM

Twilight Series 30 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago irreverent said…
'bedward' sex-- that made me crack up! So great... I finished BD over a week ago and I admit I felt a bit jipped at first, what with the somewhat lame, barely-implied sex scenes and the questionable baby naming. Finish reading it, though, and the name just may grow on ya-- it did for me. Also, before becoming overtly-critical of BD, I remind myself that this is Meyer's story to begin with-- if this is the way she really envisioned Bella and Edward's ending, that's fine by me.

Happy reading!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago jupiterfaerie said…
I agree irrevernt - sit back and enjoy the ride.

As far as the sex goes, this isn't a smut novel, it's a YOUNG ADULT fiction - the publishers would never allow full on details about sex.

My imagination worked well enough to fill in the blanks though.
over a year ago irreverent said…
Jupiter: totally understand about the intended age group, but I just have to say-- the 1st time they 'did it' (I feel 12 all over again--haha), I was actually questioning if it happened. Call me dense, but yeah ;)... other than that, no complaints in that department- I thought SM handled the touchy topic with grace.
over a year ago kitkat211 said…
I think that the werid name is the least of this books problems!
over a year ago sweetiep said…
The name never grew on me. I finished the book sometime last night, and every single time I read it, I rolled my eyes and said "really?" I had to start calling her something else in my head because I couldn't handle that craptastic name. And since the kid needed a nickname, how come they couldn't just call her by her middle name, Carlie?
over a year ago vampiressparkle said…
I have some serious rants about the book, but I also love it so intensely that I read it twice in 24 hours. Woo.

Firstly, this book is seriously effed up. It doesn't even seem like it's part of the same series.
Renesmee's name kind of grew on me. But her name is the least of her problems. How the hell did she come to be in the first place? It should, in all technicalities, but impossible for her to exsist. At first I was like... omg really? You're effing kidding, right? But now I love her. Though I hate that they call her Nessie. Wtf.
And Jacob imprinting on the baby? How ridiculous was that?
As far as the sex goes, yes it was implied (several times O_O..) instead of detail, which I was expecting since it's not an adult book, but at least they did it. That in itself makes me happy.

But having finished I can honestly say that I feel whole. I am complete and at peace and was left wanting for nothing.
over a year ago Moonberry said…
i honestly liked it. & i'm sorry that you don't. Renesmee was sweet. but i did find it weird that Jake imprinted on her...
yes, it was different. but i liked it. stop complaining. that's not going to change the way it is.
over a year ago starry-eyed said…
i really and truly loved it!! i think that the name renesmee is cute!!! (plz dont kill me...or bite me)
i really dont understand one bit why anyone would NOT like this book!!! ok so i was WWWAAAYYY off on how i thought the book would turn out! lolz BUT IT STILL ROCKS!!!! i am not kidding i seriously had to scream into my pillow when i found out she was preggy!! i mean MIND SHOCKER!!! i found that info on the internet b4 the book came out and i didnt believe a word of it....until i started reading about their honeymoon and i freaked cuz it was ending up like that description i found on the internet!!! but all in all: IT ROCKED MY SOCKS!!!
over a year ago Lyssypoo said…
well, i finished it, and i changed my mind about it. i liked how jake imprinted on renesmee, but i thought the end was kinda cheesy. i think i expected more out of it, than the Volturi just leaving with thier tail between thier legs. i was looking forward to a battle. and i kind of wanted rosalie to die. but, oh well. i think it was good overall, but definetly not my favorite in the series.
over a year ago HisTypeOfHeroin said…
Well I loved it. Remember this is SM's story not ours. She just blessed us enough by writing it in the first place. It's just like I saw with the HP serise. After Deathly Hallows some people hated how it ended. Yet, remember people great authors write for their own pleasure not others They are'nt going to please everyone with the ending they want to read.
over a year ago Trynity78 said…
I finished BD about 24 hours ago and I have to say I'm still not sure how I feel about the book. I'm happy about the wedding. I think the pregnancy was fairly obvious once you took the dreams into consideration. If I remember correctly Bella does have a tendency toward dreaming about things that turn out to be important.
I kinda wish I could have seen more of a relationship with Bella, Edward, and Renesme. Jacob always seemed to be under foot.
Renesmee isn't my favorite name, but we have to remember Bella wasn't exactly in a perfect state of mind and since her "life" or death was so unsure for so long I'm sure that they wanted to honor her last wish.
I'm not entirely surprised about Jacob imprinting either after all Quil did set a precedent for that. I think what I really need to do is step back and reread the whole series.
I do know that somehow this didn't seem as satisfying to me. I know after I've finished a good read I always close the book and kinda exhale like I've been holding my breath the whole time. That didn't happen this time around.
Who knows maybe it's been too long in between books. I'll let it stew for a while and then come back to it. I don't even know that I wanted it to end so happily. I think I might have been more satisfied if Bella and Edward had died. At least then it would flow well into a series about Renesmee and Jake.
over a year ago ilovejazzy said…
i did not like the name renesmee at first... i couldn't even pronouce it! but it did grow on me
over a year ago heyther0689 said…
uh they did give her the name carlie for her middle name....
over a year ago Bedward4lyf said…
i loved every single word to this book. at first i didnt like the name renesmee then like 4 days later i bowed down to this name.for some strange reason i love it now!and i thhink that little Nessie is the most preshious thing to enter the twilight saga world (besides her parents- of course)
over a year ago vampiregirl107 said…
i thought it was wierd too. but then i got used to it and loved it. i am so use to them being highschoolers having highshool problems. now they are marrieed an have a baby. stephanie wrote breaing dawn awsome,i love the twist that she throws at you its not like any of the other books in the series but i think that was the point. And when i found out that bella was pregnat i screamed. i thought that they couldnt have kids. i was totally confused but i guess it does make sence in a way, but i liked the name renesmee i didnt pronounce it at first but it is diffrent just like her and it suits her well. bella is better as a vampire she is layed back and not as annoying and she was awsome when she tried to hurt jacob!
over a year ago cheergeek said…
They book was effing weird as hell... but Hey! I got what I wanted. And in the end, I accept that.
Oh and I LOVE RENESEMEE.. she is my new favorite character in the series, I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!! And so what Jacob imprinted, I thought that was weird at first, but now I'm loving it! Plus Steph said that was going to happen ANYWAY in forever Dawn. And I love those two, I love them more than Edward and Bells(not that I loved THEM too much in the first place) ADMIT IT! They're CUTE!!!
Deal with it people! ^^
over a year ago lamesims said…
lol cheergeek... i totally agree with the positive people here...
yes it is Stephenie Meyer's book and she wrote it the way she wanted.... but the thing is.. i loved the book.... i have to admit at first it wasn't exactly what i expected but thinking back to it i am really starting to like it... it makes a nice end to Bella and Edward's story... i'm re reading all of them right now so i can see the effect of the series as a whole... rather than having long waits in the middle... not like i haven't read the books more than necessary... i think this is my 7th time reading the series excluding BD

well stop complaining... and what's actually wrong with the name Renesmee? it's a sweet name
over a year ago ceo07 said…
i liked the name renesmee i thought that it was really sweet and i dont see why people are complaining the book has been written complaining wont change it this is how stehenie meyer wanted it to happen so be it i loved breaking Dawn
over a year ago blguard_2010 said…
i also love BD. but i dont see how almost evry1 can think that Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is weird. i think that it was so perfect and i felt dumb for not realizing this would happen. it felt completely natural for that to happen i think.
over a year ago starlight123 said…
Carlie was reneesme's middle name!!!!!
over a year ago isabelle_905 said…
just be thankful it wasn't a boy and she didn't name him Edwob Charlisle!!
over a year ago TwilightLover91 said…
I dont think Breaking Dawn should be the last book, there is so much unsolved, i dont want 2 rewin anythin 4 the people who havent finished the book yet but really... there is so much more that can be told, its driven me crazy that its the end of the saga, i know about Midnite Sun and the other books but still... if Stephenie Meyer wants a break im all 4 it 4 her family n stuff, but dont stop the saga, there is much more that she can go on, n she has the fans 4 ideas. I have writen many things that have come 2 my mind 4 a 5th book in the saga, it just makes me depressed thinkin its the end of the story, these other books will help me cope with that but its still there.
I dont think Breaking Dawn should be the last book, there is so much unsolved, i dont want 2 rewin anythin 4 the people who havent finished the book yet but really... there is so much more that can be told, its driven me crazy that its the end of the saga, i know about Midnite Sun and the other books but still... if Stephenie Meyer wants a break im all 4 it 4 her family n stuff, but dont stop the saga, there is much more that she can go on, n she has the fans 4 ideas. I have writen many things that have come 2 my mind 4 a 5th book in the saga, it just makes me depressed thinkin its the end of the story, these other books will help me cope with that but its still there.
Woops, didnt mean 2 send twice, lol. But i also think that they r all very creative n unique names, fits in with the story. And with the imprinting thing, thats 1 of the reasons 4 the 5th book, so many things unsettled n bella has only bin a vampire 4 what a month? she has eternity, there can b a 5th book.
o... 3 times i sent it, dang, sorry, lol, Dial up n all, lol.
over a year ago Hazy said…
I loved BD, I'm really happy that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee, because I have to admit I HATED Jacob in NM and E, I'm happy now that he and Bella can just be bestfriends again. I understand that they couldn't dwell too much on the sex because of their demographic but I was a little bit disappointed in that department, I have a good imagination, but I wish SM had written a special edition one where she included some more details. Nothing too graphic but tastefully descriptive. I totally agree with you TwilightLover91, I think she should take a break, but I would love her to carry on the story, I really think it would be great to see how everything turns out, she could write it set in the future, ten years or so. I'm definetly not ready to let go yet! At least we have Midnight Sun to look forward to, I can't wait for that! Does anyone know when it's coming out, or has she even finished writing it yet?
over a year ago thevampiregirl said…
I agree, i LOVED it!
i loved the story line and the ending was so emotional! I cried so much in the scene with the volturi, especially when garrett made his speech and when alice came back!
i loved the wedding and the honeymoon aswell =)
i want a wedding like that! haha
i hated the name renesmee at first, but by the end i loved it!

i really want stephanie to do another book aswell as midnight sun, but it should be when renesmee is fully grown =)
over a year ago EdwardJ said…
yes again as it seems ive been following you around forums on the 5th book I want no no I NEED a continuation of the twilight saga this book was awesome in my oppinion granted yes ppls have difficulty looking at little things like names and certain situations but I and reffering to the book as a whole and the ending I liked the satisfation that the all powerful oppessers in the volturi could not break the bonds of family and love and Edward& Bella + renesmee
over a year ago Katherine810 said…
I loved Breaking Dawn :)
I thought Renesmee was such a lovely character. I am wondering though if they make Breaking Dawn into a book how are they going to find a child that young that can talk hmm...
I loved that Bella and Edward got thier happy ending although maybe they didn't as the Volturi could come back..
I do admit it didn't grip me as much as Twilight did although i cannot think of a better ending for the series.
Just wow. The twilight series is now complete.
x