Twilight Series Stunned!

irreverent posted on Jul 27, 2008 at 01:41AM
Wow, I'm bursting at the seams just reading all the theories on this forum because, well (no one get angry at me now! haha...)-- I'm reading Breaking Dawn! I work at a library and we got in our shipment yesterday; the wonderful librarians had mercy on my poor Twilight-obsessed soul and let me take it home (I spent 8+ hours yesterday just reading!) I had to sign a privacy agreement (!!) before I could even take it out of the library (click here link if you'd like to see me with the book! I don't think there should be any problem with me posting it since the cover art has been released and that's all that's shown...) I'm actually almost bummed-- I know I'll be finished by tonight or tomorrow no matter how slow I try to make myself read, and then, well, nothing (until Midnight Sun, but in the obvious way, it's old material)- I was also looking forward to going to Barnes & Noble and standing in the line with all the other fans at the release; I'll still go but now I think I'll feel a bit guilty since I got an early BD 'fix'! =)

Anyhow, I'll just say this: the plot twists in this book go far beyond anything I could have anticipated (wilder than any of the theories I've heard or had thought of!), to a point where my jaw literally dropped (multiple times) in shock and I had to re-read just to make sure I read it right! BD is an absolute rollercoaster ride- I am 562 pages in and I still can't believe all the changes! Stephenie really pulled out all the stops on the (semi)finale to her wonderful series and I truely doubt that anyone (or extremely few, at least) will be disappointed. Prepare to be floored! =)

WORD TO THE WISE: I will NOT share ANY details, hints-- zip, zilch, nada!- involving the content of BD, so please don't bother asking. Not only could I get in serious trouble, but any hints of mine would pale in comparison to reading it all for yourself! BD is just so good that I felt it wouldn't be fair to not give everyone an 'it's all gonna be ok, promise!' reassurance, now that I've read the majority of it. I know I was worried about how Stephenie would decide to tie everything together, but rest assured, fellow Twilighters, all is good. =)
last edited on Jul 27, 2008 at 07:51AM

Twilight Series 27 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
OME!! I am so glad to hear you enjoy it, I do feel assured! I knew Steph wouldn't disappoint us! You know that every girl in the world is COMPLETELY jealous of you right now? =D
over a year ago irreverent said…
It is seriously amazing! I could have never in a million years imagined up what Stephenie did in BD! Haha, speaking of the jealousy thing-- I couldn't help but read it today at work when we would get slow because (of course!) I'm hooked like crazy, and I made the mistake of leaving it on the back of the counter momentarily-- this girl walked up and her eyes were bugging out of her head when she saw it; I thought for sure she was going to just grab it and run for it! I had to explain to her why I had it and I felt bad-- if it were vice versa, I probably would have been lunging for it across the counter, haha!

Anyways, another reason I had to post is because I feel totally alone in my BD joy (which I am, I guess, but not for long! woot =) ) and even though I can't make so much as a peep about the content, at least you guys will appreciate my excitedness! =)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago lheck0410 said…
omg omg omg..

you are so lucky..

i wish i were you!! i am driving my family insane by being so excited for this book.
My family thinks I'm nuts because I've been holed up in my room non-stop, reading like a maniac! =) On top of that, several of my friends are equally obsessed and they pretty much want to kill me right now (here's to hoping they forgive me in time, lol)

Oh well, only a week left- won't be long! =)
over a year ago i_luv_twilight said…
AW MAN!!! NOW THIS MAKES ME EVEN MORE ANXIOUS TO FIND OUT WAT HAPPENS!!!! lol
That poor girl! I think she had better self-control though. I would have definitely made a run with it! lol. It is a good thing I will be busy working myself, or else I may just have to have the Volturi to put me out of my misery!
over a year ago ally13 said…
OMG IM... LOST OF WORDS PRETTY MUCH NOW I WANT IT SOOOO BAD!!!UGH I KNOW IM GOING CRAZY EVERYDAY IM LIKE SEVEN MORE DAYS, SIX MORE DAYS, N NOW FIVE MORE DAYS!!! YAY!!! IM PRACTILLY PULLING MY HAIR OUT!! UGH MY MOM KEEPS SAYING ITS JUST A BOOK BUT HECK NO!!! ITS [[""THE ""]]BOOK!!!
over a year ago confessions13 said…
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm speechless.. I want to read this book sooooo bad...just like everyone else lol.. You're so lucky!!! {[jelous]}
over a year ago cowgirlfromhell said…
I hate you so much right now, grr =P (ok, 6 more days, I can make it through that long without tearing my hair out...I think.)
I'm glad that you're enjoying it anyway =]
Wow, guys-- I finished BD and I can feel depression setting it (not really but it feels like it!)... I can't believe the story is over! It was great, but it sucks! =(
over a year ago BritKeyser said…
OME! I can't believe that! Oh, man. You are so lucky!
over a year ago Suitonnen said…
aww you're so lucky! exactly how long is BD? is it exactly 768 pages? i'm curious to know haha =)
i'm glad you got to read it and thanks for not spoiling it!
over a year ago JenJen76 said…
I understand you won't give details, but I wanted to know... there are some stupid people that are saying Bella has a baby. Can you confirm this is not true. I am glad you liked it, I can wait to read it.
Suitonnen: I'm not going to reveal anything about BD, even the length. =) Of course I wouldn't spoil it! I don't feel like getting sued (haha) and it would be beyond awful of me, anyway.

JenJen: Read my intial post again. I'm not revealing ANYTHING. You'll just have to hold over 'till the 1st. =)
over a year ago twilightrlc002 said…
ill pay you to email me!!!!!!!! or text msg me!!!!! i wanna know just as bad as you did, and my librarians werent as nice as yours!!!!! please!!!!
Fail_light, be courteous! I bet they just didn't want to take chances. I know I wouldn't.
over a year ago starry-eyed said…
O...M...G...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! stop tortuing me!!!!! lolz jk jk!! and lol im driving my family absolutely crazy cuz im so excited too! lol well all xcept my mom cuz she's reading the books right now too!! she's at the part in Twilight where they are taking Bella to Pheonix......she's all like "I'm so happy that Alice can see the future so they know where James is!"......poor girl.....she has no idea.....lolz
over a year ago candicunningham said…
I've cussed you enough here in my house. I really don't believe you, but am furious at those that would have given you the book if it is true. Why bring it up if you don't have to, other than trying to infuriate others?
over a year ago MarieWynn said…
I don't blame you for not wanting to give spoilers, but I have to say that since you aren't denying the whole Bella and Edward's lovechild thing, it kinda worries me. That seems like a crappy fanfiction type thing, so to confirm that this is not in the book wouldn't actually be a spoiler. You'd actually put some people's minds (like mine, seeing as how I am doubtful I want to read it now) at ease. I worry that you aren't denying it cause it's true, basically. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the book though, that does restore a bit of my hope. I wasn't very impressed with the first chapter and now all the epilogue rumors...my hope had dwindled to nothing. So thanks for the encouragement!
over a year ago Bandgeek_XP said…
Yeah really Thanks for not spoiling it!! XD
over a year ago jacob4ever57 said…
OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR BREAKING DAWN YOUR VERY LUCKY TO HAVE READ IT I'M GALD YOU ENJOYED IT BUT U SAID YOU LIKED IT BUT IT SUCKED DO U MEAN IT SUCKS THAT IT ENDED OR THAT THE ENDING SUCKED?? I'M HOPING U MEAN IT SUCKED THAT IT ENDED! RIGHT? RIGHT?!?!?!?
over a year ago blguard_2010 said…
MarieWynn, i think you can put ur mind at ease w/o irreverent having to spoil nething. b/c stephenie said that Edward has no sperm b/c all the bodily fluids turn into venom so there is no way bella and edward can have a baby. and there is def. no way she would have one w/anyone else.
over a year ago pinkmafia27 said…
Very true blguard, but it would still be nice to hear it from irreverent! lol
over a year ago vampirelove said…
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I've been gritting my teeth in anticipation for so long that I can't believe I have any teeth left!! Every other thing is about the book and my mom will probably end up trying to slap the histeria out off me (SHE HASN'T READ IT!SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND!!!)before I get my hands on it! Thanx for not giving any spoilers. I know that i would beg you and then regret not getting the exerience of reading it (and being suprized!) for myself.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!
over a year ago bethbeach008 said…
I am usually a spoiler JUNKIE. I mean by the time Harry Potter came out i had basically heard all about it online! Breaking Dawn is TOO IMPORTANT to me to ruin it like that. I was literally scared stiff that it wasn't going to end well. It's comforting to know a fellow twilighter enjoyed it. [now i can sleep! lol] Thanks for not spoiling!
NOTE: I haven't been purposely ignoring responses; I've been in Chicago for a couple of days. =)

In response to the nasty comments: obviously (and not that it's your fault, of course), you are still in the throes of pubescent hormonal swings and drama, and simply can't stand the idea of someone having something you don't have just yet! For pete's sake, people, be patient- I had no idea I was going to have the opportunity to read BD early; it was completely unplanned, obviously, and I'd be hard-pressed to find a single one of you who could honestly say that presented with it over a week before release you would have turned it down!

Also, I only posted because I was simply excited for recieving it; I have a life, and find no joy in tormenting other fans by jumping around saying, "look at me, I got it!"; rather, I had hoped other Twilighters would appreciate my crazy luck almost as much as I did.

Furthermore, I posted out of RESPECT for fellow fans: everyone has been up-in-arms worried about this final installment (me included), and I wanted to reassure everyone that the book was great (at least in my opinion.)

Anyways, the book's out now, so the need for debate is over! Hope you all enjoy it!
over a year ago tuckers said…
I wont be able to get my hands on it for another two days! I think I'm gonna die, Waaaaahhhhhhh!