Twilight Series OME Theory about the Breaking Dawn Preface and Foreshadowing!!

aanniiee_ posted on Jul 14, 2008 at 02:47AM
AH! Ok, I've been thinking about this theory I've got and I'm feeling pretty confident about it-PLEASE, post your thoughts and responses!!!!

So summed up, the preface tells us that there is someone Bella desperately and truly loves that wants to kill her, for reasons unknown to us. She can't bring herself to feel properly frightened, however, because giving her life would, somehow, make this person happy. (and I know there's some uncertainty about whether the "killer" is Jake or Edward, but I think that all of the details undoubtedly point at Edward)

So then after reading the preface, and I was reminded of that dream that Bella gets a few times throughout the series: She's running through the forest and Jake is telling her to run. She then hears a yelp (presumably Jake as a werewolf) and I believe she also hears Mike Newton at some point. She then sees Edward emerge through the trees looking, of course, beautiful, yet incredibly murderous, and he motions her forward...and even though she sees that he wants to kill her, she can't seem to be able to run away or feel repulsed...
(Sorry, I can't really remember all of the details and I don't feel like looking through the books to find it ;) haha)

So then I had this sudden idea: maybe the dream was foreshadowing the Preface aka the final climax of Breaking Dawn. Maybe the dream will actually come true. It's all there: Edward wanting to kill Bella and Bella not being able to bring herself to run away.

And also, all three previous prefaces have pointed to the seemingly certain death of someone, but no one has died like the prefaces have suggested...making me believe that this preface also won't come true.

*sigh* long post...SO! any thoughts at all!?
last edited on Jul 14, 2008 at 02:49AM

Twilight Series 31 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...