Twilight Series Breaking Dawn Preface... :/ Opinons PLEASE :]

Ambercrombie26 posted on Jun 26, 2008 at 11:21PM
Im slightly scared out of my wits that Bella will end up with Jacob
or that she'll leave Edward at the altar or something..?
but i have a question
What does everyone think it means? I have so many theories its ridiculus.

Preface Below
|
|
|
V
"I had more than my fair share or Near-death experiences; it wasnt something you ever really got used to. It seemed oddly inevitable, though, facing death again. Like i was really marked for disaster. I'd escaped tiame and time again, but it kept coming back for me.
Still, this time was different from others.
You could run from someone you feared, you could try to fight someone you hated. All my reactions were geared towards those killers---The monsters, the enemies. When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give you beloved, how could you not give it?
If it was someone you truly loved?"

Agh do you guys think its about edward or jacob someone help me PLEASE.

Twilight Series 26 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hughaterzzz said…
Think whatever you want.
Go ahead, try and scare yourself and think it's Jacob.
over a year ago ay3 said…
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­AAA­HHH­HHH­HHH­HHH­HHH­HHH­HHH­HHH­HHH­HHH­HH!­!!!­
i hope its mike :P
over a year ago sweetlissa2006 said…
maybe this is what Bella's thinking while trying to get the courage to actually go through with becoming a vampire. Maybe she's having second thoughts and is contemplating it. And I, for one, hopes she goes through with it! Go Edward!!! :)
over a year ago officefan2010 said…
i think maybe this is her contemplating or maybe second guessing being changed into a vampire.
thats the first impression i get.

[haha, ay3, thats funny, mike, haha. ]

over a year ago GirLdoLL said…
I'm thinking it's got something to do with her being changed into a vampire. Will it really happen? :D I hope so :D
over a year ago zachie said…
I think that, maybe, she already is a vampire at this point in the story that she's telling it...Hmmmmm, these are the questions that haunt me. Though, it is possible that she is already a vampire and Jake hates her so he wants her dead...
over a year ago candicunningham said…
I agree with officefan2010 and GirLdoLL. It is her fear of "dying" by turning into a vampire--her beloved one being Edward.
over a year ago adiie said…
maybe when she talks about "giving up her life", she's saying, becoming a vampire for edward her beloved one

"How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one?"

that part reveals something but i dont know how to explain it...
over a year ago heroin said…
rahh.
so very confusing.
but i don't think this is bella second guessing or fearing becoming a vampire. it just doesn't sound like that. . .
i have two theories, and with one i agree somewhat with zachie. "All my reactions were geared towards those killers---the monsters, the enemies." the enemies, so if she was already a vampire, then who are her enemies? werewolves. when jake ran off at then end of eclipse, he wanted to forget all his human emotions and just let his werewolf instincts take over. what if bella found him, already a vampire, and jacob was so far into his werewolf instincts that he didn't recognize her? that he had to try and kill her, and she him?
i don't know.

BUT, i have another theory. ;) what if the volturi [jane or felix?] capture edward or alice or someone bella loves, and threaten to torture/kill them so that bella will come and they can kill her..
and if she ran or fought, they'd hurt her loved one[s]..
maybe jane is jealous of bella's uber awesome new vampire power and how much aro wants her?
maybe bella refused to join the volturi, and they're killing her because she's so powerful that she's a threat to them?
or maybe it isn't the volturi, but another vampire linked with james and victoria, seeking revenge?

well.
[squeel] whatever it is, i am soso excited for itttt. :D
over a year ago zixdid said…
it is most definatly Edward!!!!!!!!!!
i know this because she is talking about how he thirsts for her blood and it is killing him that he wants to kill her.
She's trying to decide what to do, and is saying she will just have to face up to the facts and get on with the marriage before somthing goes wrong!
hope that helps, we are true twilight fans!!!!
PS - where did u find the preface and how can i read the entire first chapter, all sites i go on are either that lame sneak peak or hav been cancelled.
Help me please.
Zoe an Becca!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago zixdid said…
ps- i think bella is still human at this point!
over a year ago ay3 said…
maybe she is running from ed cuz she duznt wana become a vamp, i agree....
is any1 elses computer cutting off the last part of the comments? like they r "to long"
over a year ago italiangirl976 said…
i know ive been thinking the same thing. I have no idea what it means
over a year ago cupcakelivi said…
I think it's talking about edward..awkk as much as I don't want to think about edward almost
dying.
I think bella is going to have to save edward,after all the times he's saved her.
But at the end I think they'll both make it through ok.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago lvBEsWrld said…
I think its the ultimate test of "greater love
has no one than this, that you lay down your
life for the one you love". I may be wrong
but the preface suggests that, and this
is my opinion, something really bizarre is
going to happen to Edward to make it impossible
for him to resist his instinct to kill Bella
and she will willingly surrender to this
because somehow his killing her would save him.
I think they will both overcome this challenge,
though and Bella would have proven just how
strong her love for Edward is.
over a year ago Dangergirrl said…
I think your right, I think somthing will happen but SM has said they are so together.
I hope she is right for what is the point of true love
if she puts Bella with Jake, it would only be a shadow of what her love for Edward
is and always will be
over a year ago Dangergirrl said…
Any way, I just thought of this
what if the red paw in Bella as a human
and the white paw is Bella as a Vamp
She has now become the most powerfull Vamp
the friends from Italy will not like that.
I think that she is going to be the new leader if you remember they refer to the Volturi
and 2nd most powerful...who is the first
will there be a war that breaks out in the little tiny
town,

Sm has said she wanted to write a book about Jake
( she loves Jake)
and the story of Bella and Edward end in BD,
they will be mentioned in her new books
but not be the main CH
over a year ago Aryn said…
i think that bella will be with edward because she loves him more than jacob, even tho she does love him, too.
unless jake imprints on her.
i don't think that will happen tho. it would upset to many ppl.
i know that bella will not die. unless the book is meant to end sadly, which SM probably wont do.
Edward probably wont die, either.
i'm not so sure about jacob.
over a year ago Aryn said…
ps: the comments are all cut off on my computer. hm. I wonder why.
~Aryn
over a year ago quartz said…
this is part of the perface i want to talk about and its pasted below:

Still, this time was different from others.
You could run from someone you feared, you could try to fight someone you hated. All my reactions were geared towards those killers---The monsters, the enemies. When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one?

i think it means jake. mainly because i have this "power" that lets me know what happens next.
and i am sure that jake will turn vam and then try to kill bella...
over a year ago maddikins said…
Oh well SM has said the things that will not happen heres 2 things.
Edward and Bella will break up.
Bella will go to Jacob.

:D
over a year ago vampirelove said…
Okay SM has said that she doesn't
write for us,
she writes for herself.
So I don't think that she will
change her plot becuase something
might upset us.
AND I don't know what you guys think
but I think that she has a talent
for coming up with unexpected events.
Like for me the werewolves were very suprizing.
(before all the clues i mean)
So I don't think any of what we expect will
happen.
over a year ago pinkmafia27 said…
My first instinct is to think that it is Jacob she is talking about. This would take place after her transformation into a vampire. Something along the lines of the Denali clan coming down and starting a war against the werewolves. Remeber how Carlise said that he found out that one of the Denali clan had become attached to Laurent - that could have been a clue to this future event. ALSO, in the end of Eclipse when Jake takes off running - who is to say he didn't make it to Alaska where he started some trouble.
over a year ago cjwachsmuth said…
i think it's edward she's talking about. right now he's changing her into a vampire (so i think) and he his technocally killing her, and it hurts, but she loves him and she'll do it anyway.
over a year ago jammyjamjam said…
heroheroine your second theory is awesome!!!it has
to be something that isn't as simple as just
edward or jacob killing her its probably alot
more complicated than everyone thinks coz
steph wouldnt give that much away so easily...
ah theres only like half an hour left til BD
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
i thought it was edward biting her at first, but then i read breaking dawn. *spoilers here*

now i think its Renesmee. i think that this is referring to when she's having the baby and she knows it's going to probably kill her, but she doesnt care, because she loves the baby too much, that she'd give her life to save the baby. that's my theory, and i am pretty positive on it:)