Twilight Series Why would anyone HATE Edward or Jacob???

starry-eyed posted on Jun 17, 2008 at 03:00PM
I have a question for anyone who HATES Jacob or Edward! I have read the whole series (except breaking dawn of course) and have never found anything that would cause anyone to HATE either one of them! Now they can get annoying at times (mostly Jake gets on my nerves) but they really aren't bad guys! I mean of course Jake forcefully kissed Bella, but that was only cuz he was trying to get her to understand that she loved him too! and I really can't think of anything bad that Edward ever did but leave her and that was cuz he thought that he was doing the right thing! SO: if you actually HATE jake or Edward please comment and tell me why! or if you're like me please comment also! (yeah they are fictional characters!!!)
last edited on Jun 18, 2008 at 12:10AM

Twilight Series 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cheergeek said…
I don't understand either. I can understand why both can be annoying, at times... but how can you hate???

also, they are fictional characters -_-
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
i know! they are not even real! (i mean it would be cool if they were, but they arent) i think that they can all be a bit annoying at times too, but i dont hate anyone, not even bella, and she is my least favorite character.

i dont get it!
over a year ago zuntiz said…
annoying yes, *cough*jake*cough* jk :)
but hate is a strong word, especially when the objects is fictional characters.
I can't really see why some have decided that Edward or Jacob is so bad that they have to hate them, and argue about it...
over a year ago FloatingMuffins said…
I don't get how anyone can hate anyone in the series. I basically love all the main characters. This is like my forum, "Eliminate the Hate". (Guess your forum has a better title... heh)

Anyway, I love all of them. Their great. Of course they all have faults, but don't we all (and I dare someone to tell me they think they don't have faults). Everyone is so against Jake, WHY!? I love Jake, and if the Cullens weren't there, Jake would be my 1st pick. And then people go on insulting fictional characters. How low is that? People need to debate intellectually instead of just calling them names and providing no proof for their opinions. *sigh*
over a year ago DarkSarcasm said…
I don't really get it either... this is the first series I've read in a long time where I've actually liked all of the main characters (I wanted Harry Potter to die a painful death after watching Ron die a long, painful death). I'm guessing the people who hate either are hoping for Bella to end up with the other? I hope that makes sense, LOL.
over a year ago kctjohnson said…
I'm Pro-Jacob but I don't hate Edward. On the contrary, I like him a lot! *LOL* I just watched this vid of these two ditzy girls just talking trash about Jacob, calling him a rapist and what not. I was all "Did we read the SAME series?!" Then they listed reasons for Jake to die. Now there's a way to get others to think you're a nice person, eh? *groan*
People who "hate" are pretty much like any biggot or racist. They don't care about whoever it is they hate, and they don't want to get to know them in the first place, so they close their eyes to anything good about (whoever it is they hate).
last edited over a year ago