Twilight Series Am I The Only Person Who Likes James?

cowgirlfromhell posted on Jun 11, 2008 at 02:42AM
I actually really like James. Is there anyone else out there who likes him too? And could the people who don't like him say what's wrong with him and why they don't like him.

He didn't realy do anythiing wrong. He didn't kill Bella, he's a tracker and he's a vampire that drinks human blood so you can hardley blame him for wanting to drink Bella's blood, after all, Edward was going to drink Bella's blood and most people seem to love him.

Twilight Series 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago jarawr said…
that's true...but then again he wasn't exactly TRYING to stop himself from drinking her blood like Edward had done...
over a year ago kctjohnson said…
Hmm... well... James was being a vampire just like any other "normal" vampire. It seems that readers don't like normal vampires - they like the vegetarian ones. Edward may have wanted Bella's blood, but in the end, he kept to being vegetarian so that's a brownie point for him. I think people like James as much as they do Caius.... That's my guess.
over a year ago cowgirlfromhell said…
Well I do like Caius aswell, I even made a spot for The Volturi. And you make a good point kctjohnson.
over a year ago cheergeek said…
yeah, people don't seem to like the 'real' vampires. Or just anything that gets in the way of Edwella freaks people out XD

I do like movie James though 8D
OMJ yes! Movie James is really hot! *LOL*

It's so funny that fans are just very selective when it comes to vampires. 99% of vampires are NOT vegetarians, and well over 95% of fans don't even like the "normal", "real" vampires, YET over 90% of those asked if they would want to become a vampire say "Yes". It's like WTF? *ROFL*
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago twilovers said…
Are you kidding I LOOVE JAMES! He is freaking hott <33. He is like the coolest person ever!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Lila856 said…
NO WAY I DISLIKE HIM A LOT!
BUT HES VULCHUK OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I`M AN OC FANATIC YOU KNOW SO 2 OC CAST MEMBERS IN TWILIGHT = LOVE!!!!!!
over a year ago MrsOShea92825 said…
He wasn't necessarily being a "normal" vampire because he was just tracking her because Edward defended her. He wasn't hungry, because they had already fed in the previous town, so i still don't like him. He did drink her blood and he would have killed her if Edward and the rest of the Cullen's hadn't shown up. But i do see your point.
over a year ago cowgirlfromhell said…
Well he's being a normal tracker and there's lots of them and some work for the Volturi. Thanks for seeing my point though =]
*raises hand* I have a question. So... vampires never feed unless they are thirsty enough? What about a light snack?
over a year ago Lila856 said…
LOL well its exactly like that kct! the cullens & vegetarians only do when they`re really thirsty but "normal" vampires eat meals & snacks- WHO CARES!!!
over a year ago italiangirl976 said…
yea u got a point. idk i just never liked him cause he was the bad guy i never really thought about it.
over a year ago spezlee said…
Vampires in Stephenie Meyer's world aren't like other vampires. If they bite someone they either die or become a vampire. There is no other choice. (Except for the fluke between Bella and Edward.) So, I would say that that is pretty terrible to think about. If I was that kind of vampire I would have a pretty hard time living with myself, personally!

As for James, in my opinion, he is selfcentered and cruel. He didn't just track Bella. He wanted her to try and get Edward to go after James in revenge. This is pretty sick and beyond what the nonvegetarian vampires want, at least from what we've seen so far I think.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago fanpire101 said…
i think james is ok, not my fav character but u cant blame him for his instinct as a vamp, now for a side comment lol, dont u think the james in the movie smiles a little to happily and too much haha