Twilight Series Breaking Dawn Cover and first chapter from the Special Edition

ktlady posted on May 27, 2008 at 03:33PM
Kay I know the special edition isn't supposed to be released until tomorrow or the 31st or whatever but strangely... one of my friends received it in the mail YESTERDAY. Sooo... I have read the first chapter and seen the cover! Anyone who wishes to know now... read on. :)

The cover is a chess board-- with a large white king (which I'm assuming is Edward) and a smaller red pawn in the background (Jacob?). Underneath the picture it reads:
"Don't be afraid," I murmured.
"We belong together."
I was abruptly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words.
This moment was so perfect, so right,
there was no way to doubt it.
His arms wrapped around me,
holding me against him....
It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
"Forever," he agreed.

I'll see if I can get my friend to scan in the picture and/or type up the chapter. ha! That will take ages. I'm almost glad I wasn't the one who got it early.

Also, does anyone know if this isn't a strange phenomenon? That maybe she was supposed to get it yesterday? Or was it really a mistake? I'm assuming no one else has gotten it since there is no one raving about it on here...

Twilight Series 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago xXEimearDHXx said…
That happens a lot with pre-ordered items. My friend got the final Harry Potter two days before it was due to be released.

Sorry to tell you, but you're late with this news. We've been all over the cover and first chapter over the past few days, but thanks for thinking of us!
over a year ago ktlady said…
Haha I feel so ashamed... giving useless information...*shakes head* I am often the one telling people their "breaking news" is a repeat. I'm such a hypocrit. ;)

Anyway, thank you! I just didn't search thoroughly enough before posting and I didn't see anything on the front page. I've been gone in Holland for the past four days and wasn't up to date. So... thank you again.

I wish I could just take this off! I hate double postings.

That's hilarious about the Harry Potter thing. My mom was reading it online ages before it came out too. :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago i_luv_edward said…
omg! i CAN NOT wait for breaking dawn! do you think you could email me the first chapter pretty pleeze!!!!!!!! ^_^
over a year ago ktlady said…
I don't have it... and my friend says there's no way she's typing all that up. I might have done it but I don't have the special edition book, unfortunately. ;)
over a year ago kings_ransom513 said…
just so you know... not trying to sound snobby or any thing but the cover is of a Queen nad a pawn... not a King and a pawn
over a year ago Wakko075 said…
i totally bought the S.E. by accident i didnt realize the poster and the shirt iron ons came w/ it.. I couldnt find the book on paperback so i just grabbed the closest hardback and went to the register.