Twilight Series Predictions: Ending of Breaking Dawn

kctjohnson posted on May 19, 2008 at 05:46PM
This isn't the "best" possible ending I can think of, but it is definitely an ending I can see coming (it's just a prediction so I could be WAY off....)
Knowing that by turning Bella, a war with the werewolf pack could ensue, Edward risks it and bites her. Just as the pack is preparing to wage war with Sam in the lead, the Volturi appear. This complicates matters and the pack and the Cullens are forced into a temporary truce once again. Jacob has long returned, BTW.

During the battle with the Volturi, Leah is killed trying to protect Sam, but Sam gets hurt anyway. In his state of vulnerability, the Volturi attack him a second time (since he's the leader) and kills him. Jacob is forced to take the Alpha male position to fight w/ his brothers and to keep Bella safe, even though he knows she is now his natural enemy.

After a victory against the Volturi (the surviving vampires return to Voltera), the pack are eager to fight against the Cullens. However, Jacob - out of his love for Bella - orders the pack to stand down. He tells them that they are never to attack the Cullens (especially Bella). The pack, although angry, cannot go against the orders of the Alpha male.

As his final act of love for Bella, Jacob tells Edward to take her away - somewhere safe where he (Edward) can look after her until she becomes a "vegetarian". Although Jacob wants to say one last good-bye to the love of his life, he can't bring himself to face a vastly changed Bella who, as a Newborn, could also very well attack him (since she is not going to be herself for a long while). He says a sorrowful good-bye from afar, and watches Edward, Bella, and the Cullen clan leave Forks for good.

It's kind of a sad ending for Jacob, but in a way, it makes him an even stronger (and appealing, I might add) person. Even though I wish it, I just don't see SM introducing a new person for Jacob to imprint on - not this late in the series anyway. Perhaps in another spin-off series...?

Does anyone have predictions??
last edited on May 19, 2008 at 05:50PM

Twilight Series 30 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago shortynme said…
Stephenie Meyer has said that Breaking Dawn is like A Midsummers Night Dream (which is a Shakespeare play) So I thought about this the other day. In that play two men are in love with one woman (Jacob and Edward in love with Bella) but the woman only loves one of them (Edward) and she's betrothed to the other (Jacob. But in this case it's more like Charlie will wish she's with Jake.) In the play (MSND) their is another girl who is in love with the man that is betrothed. (Nameless girl will be Anne, betrothed guy is Jacob.) So Jacob keeps fighting for Bella, even though he knows Anne loves him. At the end of the play everything is set right, Jake and Anne are in love and get married and Edward and Bella get married. So basically, I see Jake fighting his imprinting tooth and nail during the book until the end. Just a thought.
over a year ago kctjohnson said…
OMJ... maybe Jacob will end up with Leah after all...???
Hmmmm no because they're already seen each other. . . wait! Maybe because he refuses to look at anyone BUT Bella. So maybe when she's married he'll finally see her. . . hmmm intriguing.
over a year ago cheergeek said…
That's what I thought would happen shorynme
[the midsumernights dream thing, but not with Leah]
It's not that I don't like Leah, I just don't want her to be with Jake.
Yeah I hate Leah. She's a real . . . well you get the idea lol.
over a year ago kctjohnson said…
I really don't mind Leah. She's one of those characters who are kinda forced into a "baddie" role for the sake of the story, but if you think about how bitter she was made by her circumstances, she's really one to pity. She cared for her cousin, Emily, very much and were close. Then her boyfriend (and they were talking about getting married too) falls for Emily inexplicably (Leah hadn't phased so no one was able to explain to her why this happened). Then she lost her father (I lost mine recently so I can totally feel THAT pain). On top of all that, she phased, and being the first female werewolf, she's a bit different from the rest (maybe needing to priove she's just as good as the boys?), and she has to have like half a dozen teenage male minds mixed in with her own....

That's a lot of dung to deal with. I'm surprised she hasn't completely fallen apart. In that sense, I feel she's a rather strong character and I kinda like her.
over a year ago cheergeek said…
I totally sympathsize for Leah. I never said I didn't like her. I think she's pretty funny, like the rest of the pack.
Just cause one character makes others mad, that doesn't mean they are COMPLETLY terrible.
over a year ago sherlyn said…
OMG..
I don't mind, if Bella and Edward can't happily ever after..
I hope Bella get married, of course with Edward..
Not Jacob
I love Jacob, too. But I hope he can find out his own soulmate..
over a year ago cowgirlfromhell said…
I know what will happen with Embry/Krys.... he imprints on me and we get married and live happily ever after!! <3<3<3
over a year ago ay3 said…
I DONT THINK THIS WILL BE THE ENDING. i think sumthing HORRIBLE will happen.
over a year ago starry-eyed said…
ur probably right ay3...although thats not what i WANT to happen...*sigh*
over a year ago kttykatkate said…
I hope it's a happily ever after kind of ending. I hope shortynme 's prediction is correct- Bella & Edward, Jacob & ____. I don't know if I want it to be Leah- I hope that if it is, we'll hear more about her in a way that makes it easier to understand her disagreeable-ness. Although you guys did made good points about being able to either sympathize or empathize with her...
over a year ago officefan2010 said…
okay im sorry, but im drawing a blank.
who is anne?
lol, im probably gonna feel stupid when i hear the answer but thats okay i guess.
i had never thought about jacob imprinting on Leah, that i think has great potential to maybe actually happen.
over a year ago kttykatkate said…
Anne is just a made-up name, if I understand correctly. That's the nickname of the girl Jacob will imprint on, since we don't know who he's really going to imprint on, if he imprints at all.
over a year ago edward123 said…
Actually, this is totally different from what I'm thinking the ending is going to be.

I think that Edward and Bella's wedding approach, but Bella chickens out because she's not ready. She still is with Edward and loves him, though.

But I also think that somewhere in the book Tanya tries to come between Edward and Bella. I read in one of the quote of the days, and Tanya says "Edward. It's great to see you." I mean, why would they see each other? Hmm, odd.
over a year ago Dangergirrl said…
ok, how is this the family from canada comes down to kick some wolf butt during the wedding, but waiting in the wings is the volturi to make sure edward turns bella, a huge fight breaks out with the wolfs and the canada family the volturi see the new breed of wolf and try to EXTERMINATE them, the cullens jump in to help the wolfs. Sam and Lea get killed trying to help each other and Jacob is now the new alpha male he imprints on Emily becuse of her being the pack mom and takes care of her in sams place
over a year ago Dangergirrl said…
and I think it would be great if Bella is turned while having sex with Edward, as SM has said the vamps body fluids become venmon, so how can it not happen that way.
1) no breaking of the treaty becuse she was not bitten
2) it would be a lot more fun, and it would take a little longer
3) yes it is a little twisted to think she can be turned that way, but what can I say, I am a little twisted
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago olderthanedward said…
I don't think Jacob and Leah will imprint on each other just cause SM said that you imprint the first time you see the person after you phase. And Leah and Jacob obviously have seen each other... plus if they imprinted on each other (or one imprinted on the other) they would know due to the wolf mind reading thing.
over a year ago the_queen said…
okay ! edward123 i agree with you, tanya is another vampire from denali (i think thats it) and she had a thing for edward, but he refused remember ? anyway i saw that quote and she said she missed him aswell ! i think SM is going to introduce tanya into the fold ! that would be really twisted !
over a year ago wild-child11 said…
i hope taanya is introduced it will add more of a twist. i think tanya will try and stop bella becomin a vamp
plus the whole leah thing i feel soo bad 4 her.
i think leah and sam will die protectin each other. that would be a gd endin 4 me personnally.

SM wont let jake imprint on emily coz even if sam dies she'll still love him and all. so once again jake will be in love with some1 who doesnt love him.
i dnt think jake will imprint. but i hope he does.
edward 4 eva!
over a year ago vampirelove said…
Could Jake imprint on Tanya? That be interesting!!! He'll probably imprint on someone in Canada (thats where he goes right?).
As for the whole "why is Tanya here" thing, Edward has to take Bella North right? Like into Alaska, why wouldn't the Cullens drop by to see old friends? She'll probably screw something up though.
over a year ago lheck0410 said…
oh my gosh.. everyone has such great possiblities in mind..

that is so true.. i do think that sam and leah will die and that tanya will try and interfere with bella being turned into a vamp.

over a year ago burnedivory said…
I honestly think someone is going to die protecting someone in the fight.. wether is leah trying to handle things on her own and protecting Jake or Sam or whether it is Jake protecting bella before or after the change, or maybe its Billy protecting Charlie.. or Charlie protecting Bella.. Someone whom we have come to love despite their flaws is probably going to die in this book. All characters have a purpose and as Meyer has said she lets her characters do the writing.. and one of them out of love will act to do something very courageous.. also I was wondering what if somehow the Cullens' secret got out and some people in Forks started thinking that vampires and werewolves actually did exist... maybe Charlie figures out whats going on.. especially if the Denali clan came into the picture didn't they say the Cullens left denali because there were to many of them and people started catching on...
over a year ago BritKeyser said…
What if Edward is the character 'we have come to love'? I've heard rumors that he'll die in this book.
Im pretty sure SM said that edward and bella wont die theyll be in the other books from other perspective... so i dont think it will be either of them...
over a year ago The_Fanpire said…
What if the "Anne" Jacob imprints on is Tanya?
over a year ago BritKeyser said…
I'm glad they won't die, that freaked me out.
SO ok I was just thinking... I heard from a couple of places that the person who bites bella dies in the book- whether its because of edwards revenge or what not- but that kinda makes me think bella isn't bitten willingly like maybe she is dying or about to be taken by the Volturi and maybe she is saying beloved in reference to someone in her new family (from preface) and not just edward or jacob... So I was thinking what if it was rosalie, that changed her... Ok I know this may sound crazy- but I was looking online at some people who "claim" to have the book or whatever and I refuse to read spoilers but am really concerned about who lives and dies and on a few of them it was mentioned that most of the cullens survive but the one name left out was rosalie... And okay she may not be my favorite person but emmett would be devastated and I absolutely love a vampire that loves irritable grizzles... SO I am kinda scared and sad but am taking that piece of info. with a grain of salt... But seriously, How ironic would it be if it were rosalie that changed her- because she is the one who doesn't think she should change.. And if she got in the way of the volturi they would probably kill her.. Anyways Im brainstorming outloud now- so desperate for this book!
over a year ago bethbeach008 said…
Hahahaha would you guys laugh if SM had a secret fanpop account and was posting "predictions" that were really true? lol....

kctjohnson- i loved it! thats exactly how i pictured it. at the end of the boook, all i really want is closure. good, bad, i don't care but i have to silence the "what-ifs" in my mind. (i do hope for a happier ending for jacob)
over a year ago mrsblack_1089 said…
I relly relly RELLY hope tht this is not the ending. I care about Edward and Bella's happy ending, but Jacob's more. And I don't want Jacob to imprint with Leah because...well...i don't know. I just think that Leah is kind of a boy now with the toughness and stuff but she IS really strong and I like her for that. I just think that Jacob deserves someone better than Bella and better than Leah cuz at the end of Eclipse, Leah was getting on my nerves.