Twilight Series Picks

FloatingMuffins posted on May 12, 2008 at 01:12AM
Can people get back to asking meaningful questions instead of what actor do you think is best for Edward type questions. Picks should be more about what would you do, what would you want, what do you think. I think some people should check out the pick questions that are on some other spots such as The Office spot (as an example). They have some pretty good pick questions. Also, if you want a question answered, don't put the question in the picks. I am tired of having to go through picks asking about Bella's period or various questions about Twilight vampires. If you are unsure about certain aspects of the Twilight universe, either do some research (Bella's period has been asked MANY times and if anyone would try to find the information, you would know that the Twilight Lexicon can answer most questions about vampire anatomy, Bella's period, etc.) Picks are supposed to be opinion questions, not "I want to know the answer to this question I have about vampires or werewolves". If you want to know something like that ask it in a FORUM or your best bet is the Twilight Lexicon (www. twilightlexiconblog. com) *no spaces* The Twilight Lexicon has many answered questions asked and answered BY STEPHENIE MEYER.

Twilight Series 19 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago surfen_cutie09 said…
AMEN!!
over a year ago Gabitha said…
This is what i have been trying to say to some poeple and i just get rude emails and one girl reported another for it! i agree AMEN to that and im glad im not the only one!
over a year ago tisha said…
I completely, most definitely agree with you. It's the only thing that slightly puts me off from coming to this spot sometimes. I like the occasional repeat pick, but not to the point where the same questions are being asked 5 times a day.
over a year ago Heidi42 said…
i know. I hate when i have to go through and answer the same questions over and over again, and the questions are hard to answer sometimes.
over a year ago jacob4ever57 said…
i agree
over a year ago cheergeek said…
agreed.
over a year ago jupiterfaerie said…
Since you have decided to point the finger at me ... may I refresh your memory ... my "period" question was an opinion question ... not a "do my research for me" question. I asked if anyone else THOUGHT about it, not if they KNEW if Stephanie had talked about it. I did know the answer at the time.

But hey - since this posted there have been NO new questions. I guess that's better than actually having people participate and get excited.
over a year ago sparkly_edward said…
when i started Fanpop (which was not to long ago i might add) i just did the picks but now i just do the forums because the picks are just annoyingly repetitive. But i mean, some people arent sur ebout wat questions were asked. So get off their backs and just ignore it. And whoever reports someone over an internet argument needs to get a grip on the real world.
over a year ago FloatingMuffins said…
Actually jupiterfaerie, from the moment I post this reply, there are currently 11 new questions from the time I created this forum topic.
im speaking as a neutral 3rd party observer.
meh ... we must be on a different site - I just checked and the last new question was "What do you think about the song "A distance there is"of Theatre of Tragedy appear in the trailer or in some part of the movie" which posted yesterday ...

whatever. It doesn't even matter.
lets not start an online cat fight. As Fergie asks, "Where is the love?"
I'm good :)
good :)
over a year ago neeki said…
To help with the repeat picks thing, a simple keyword search is all it takes to find out if the question has been asked before. It saves these sort of problems in the future :)
over a year ago gileygirl said…
i agree with you floatingmuffin. Thats what it should be about just asking a certain thing, not things over and over.
over a year ago kctjohnson said…
I agree!!! I'm tired of the "Who would be a better actor to play so-and-so?" type questions when the actors have been cast. Sure, I'm still iffy about a few casted actors but it's done and I'm sure that they were cast for a very good reason. I'll probably find out when the movie comes out so what's the point in asking these questions?
Also, another thing people keep asking. Edward vs Jacob. Some people don't understand that Edward vs. Jacob, Team Edward or Team Jacob, and Who do you like better:Edward or Jacob, are ALL THE SAME!!!

Also, I'd like to point out, I counted 15 Edward or Jacob related questions by searching "Edward or Jacob" which clearly isn't all of them. But that means there are atleast 15 picks of Edward vs Jacob on Fanpop.
last edited over a year ago
Also, another thing I think should go in forums are "Do you think ___ would be a good idea or ___ will happen" questions. Some of them are really good questions, they just shouldn't be picks.

A pick should be more of "Of the following, which is your favorite?" or something like that, no Do you think ____ is a good theory?"

In my opinion, a none of the choices in a pick should say "please state in comments." Most of the time, that question should be a forum topic.