Twilight Series Theories on Bella's possible powers

twilighter03 posted on May 08, 2008 at 04:52PM
We all know that Edward can read minds, Alice seesthe future, but what are your theories on possible abilities for Bella??

Twilight Series 21 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago luvrofedward said…
i think shes going to have some power like peter pertrelli in heroes. like where she can 'absorb' other people's powers.
or something like where she can blend in with her surroundings....like when she blushes she wants to be invisible, so she will be....
or or something like she doesnt have to drink blood since she thinks that blood is so repulsive right now that she will still like have to eat something else or just keep eating food.
over a year ago twilighter03 said…
Oh cool. I haven't thought about that. The blood theory is neat, but I think that she may think it repulsive but will need it to survive. It would make a very cute scene to have Edward taking Bella to hunt.
It shall be interesting to see how Meyer does it. Bella seems to resist all vampire powers.
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
i think that she will have like all the mind powers since nobody can do anything to her mind. i think that maybe she would be able to read minds like edward, and whatever jane and aro can do to ppl's minds too, and whatever else there is. that's just my theory.
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
I think that maybe she'll bring her clumbsiness with her:)
over a year ago fayfox15 said…
I think that her thirst wont affect her too much and she doesn't Have to leave her family.
Her power Will probably have something to do with her mind because Stephanie Meyer highlights the difference of Bella's mind a lot in the series.
over a year ago xXEimearDHXx said…
The clumsiness, hmm.... interesting. Well, Bella's qualities are her aversion to blood, her clumsiness, her being easily embarassed, her 'immunity' to powers involving the mind... and her selflessness (sometimes). Perhaps she'll be able to evaluate people easily (I'm thinking of mind here), and tell the Cullens if they're good or evil. Her clumsiness could be disastrous..

Here's a thought. The fact that Bella's irresistible to Edward could be a quality, and even though her blood is what attracts him, and when she becomes a vampire, obviously the blood disappears.. BUT, what if that is something that is enhanced...?? Possibly?
over a year ago VampireGirl said…
hmm, good theories. i like the blood one. i'm not sure what my theory is, i try to stay with what is happening now
over a year ago sparkly_edward said…
You guys named off all of mine. I like xXEimearDHXx theory with the mind evaluating.
over a year ago cm01 said…
i noticed in the books that everytime she had a dream it seems to have some hint to something that ends up happening in the future.. and their always very accurate .. so i thought when shes a vampire she might be able to dream the future like alice but only in her dreams, and only it would be more powerful and accurate than it is when shes human.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago zoomonkees said…
I was thinking exactly what emma-jeff said, except I thought that that would be weird for a vampire to be super clumsy since that would throw off the entire point of how one survives.
The blood one is interesting. I was thinking that it might have something to do with the fact that she is very perceptive of her surroundings and of other people's feelings.
It seems like Bella will have a weird mixture of all the Cullen's powers. Cool. XD
over a year ago Bandgeek_XP said…
I think that she will have the power to.... turn a Vampire into a human agian.
Wow. That would be sooooooo cool, but I doubt it...
over a year ago alliecat said…
hmm, this is a very good question, in Twilight, bella dreams of edward as a vampire before she nows, and she dreams jacob turning into that orangy wearwolf, before it says anything about wearwolves....thats in new moon!
i like the idea that she will beable to 'feed' off of other peoples powers, and make them stronger for herself, and i REALLY like the idea that she doesnt like the blood, as she hates it so much as a human, so she will live on normal food. it really makes me crazy trying to think of the power she willhave, and if she will feel any pain or whatever as some of the others powers dont work on her.

hmmm... we will have to wait and see!
over a year ago Aryn said…
--probably: Wont have such a hard time with blood.
1 Bella will be able to reverse other vampire's powers.
2 Forcefield from other vampire's powers.
3 Pausing time.
4 Calling people through her mind to tell them stuff.
5 {you know how in New Moon Bella heard Edward's voice whenever she was in danger?} Hearing Edward's voice, giving advice, whenever she is stuck in a problem.
I don't think it will be anything like any of the talents that other vampires the book refers to, because that would be a little boring, because you'd already know somewhat how they work. However, i do believe that her talent will be super ultra powerful and amazing.
~Aryn
over a year ago Shumayela said…
however, the problem with what cm01 said is that vampires dont sleep, so how can she dream?
and if she had the dreams while awake, that would be just like alice, which would totally not be the awesome power we're looking for
i mean, dont get me wrong. alice's power is pretty cool, its just that bella will have either no power at all, a latent and subtle power or an amazingly spectacular power that will make the volturi want her like nobody's business
over a year ago alycarp said…
she's a terrible liar, so she'll now when other people are lying.
over a year ago pink_martini2 said…
If any of you have read the supposed leaked epilogue. You'll "find out" what her power is.

over a year ago burnedivory said…
I was just thinking all this talk about bella's powers what power does alec have? Because I have a strange feeling that might become kinda important...
over a year ago EdwardBitMe said…
i think that she will maintain the powers to resist the mind attacks from the others, and i think that she will be able to control the minds of others and make them feel and thinks what she wants them to
over a year ago burnedivory said…
I heard some rumors on another site about her having a love shield... I really hope that isn't her power because although its cool and she does love strongly and passionately her power should come from the mind...