Twilight Series A topic about the fans of Twilight and their agressive rude behavior towards each other.

shortynme posted on May 06, 2008 at 05:23PM
Why is it that a lot of people on this fan site are so agressive and angry? I've noticed (a lot directed towards me lol mwhahaa!) that people get WAY pissed off about the littlest things on this site. Let me just say, I'm sure people don't plot about putting repeated questions/picks/forums/ etc. on here just to piss others off. If it happens, so what! Let it slide. Does anyone else agree with me? Have you ever been chewed out for something stupid like that? If it annoys you so much, don't look at things! Or better yet, don't sign onto fanpop. Don't freak out about someone putting a link that is "so a week ago", or pictures that "seen this. It's not that good." etc. Give the other Twilighters a break and let them exspress their excitment, even if it is a repeat, without you crunching their potato chips.

Twilight Series 22 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
I agree! We Twilighters should be nice to each other :D lol
over a year ago shortynme said…
Thanks emma-jeff!
over a year ago gileygirl said…
yeah i agree with you. I mean there is no reason for people to be so angry with each other. That is why it is a fan site, to express our fandom twoards the books.
You know for as many people say that dont like Rosalie, they sure act like her. lol but yeah i agree with you.
People need to be more nice on here. sheesh

=D
over a year ago papa said…
Just dropping in, because this is a topic that pops up from time to time in some of the other spots. I agree with the sentiment posted so far. It's good to play nice with other fans! And folks can agree to disagree, that's fine. It's great to share opinions and differences, but we can all do it in a civil fashion and not make anything personal.

If you need a temporary "nice" user icon to remind folks to be kind to each other, there are a bunch here:
link
over a year ago layla_14 said…
Great Icons! I agree with you too.
Thanks for all the comments guys! :)
over a year ago dave said…
Yeah Taleah you tell it! Fanpop is a supposed to be a place for fun and we hope everyone can be courteous when they disagree!
over a year ago cheergeek said…
very true. But honestly I think the WHOLE Twilight fandom is just mean in itself
[I've noticed >_>]
over a year ago IrishTea said…
It is true. Not only that, but all of the different twilight sites (lex,twimoms, and twilighters) are so competitive of each other. It's just like... we're all rooting for the same author.

What bothers me is when people say that they were the "original" fans. We're all fans, people! Who cares?
over a year ago layla_14 said…
I find that bothers me as well I also hate it when they say they are the "orginal" fans what the hell, we're all fans!
What is orginal fans? lol The fans who read before the movie info came out? I'm so confused! lol
over a year ago gileygirl said…
I think oringinal fans are people who read twilight when there was like one of two copies on the shelf at the bookstore. And myself was one of those people who took that one copy on the book shelf back in 2005. But hey that is just my definition of oringinal. =D
last edited over a year ago
Hey thanks gileygirl. That makes sense. Hey, we're all fans though, but I do see how the "original" fell protective about how they're BETTER fans lol.
over a year ago IrishTea said…
I disagree. I read the series early on also, but no fans are better than other fans. So what if they join after the movie? That just makes more fame and exposure for Stephenie
over a year ago twilightlova13 said…
I totally agree about the being mean part. There is nothing to be mean about. We are all fans of the same book. And I am not an "Original fan" and proud of it. Who cares if you were like the first person to read or touch the book we all love it just as much as you do. I don't think people need to be rude or brag just to get their point across it just makes other people do the same thing.
over a year ago twilighter03 said…
Twilight fans should be known for being great fans and being great at accepting new ones. We want our community to grow!
over a year ago luvrofedward said…
haha ive gotten chewed out a couple times, but i just think its funny. i do agree that people get really irritated on this site, but i think its just because they are true deticated fans. but i also think that they need to be accepting to the other fans. i love it just as much as the other girl/guy. so dont diss fans because you feel that you are "better a fan" than them. everyone is the same so GIVE IT UP. :D
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
yeah, ppl do get really agressive about the smallest things on here. like about the whole edward vs. jacob issue. everyone can have their own opinions guys! let it go! just cos someone likes the vampire and someone likes the werewolf, it doesnt mean either one of them is right!
ppl just need to calm down.
lol Thanks for the comments guys. This is cracking me up, I'm not going to lie. It's funny how strangely aggressive and mean we can get over fictional characters.
over a year ago tisha said…
Yup, I definitely agree with everyone that fanpoppers should be more civil towards one another. We're all fans of the same thing, so instead of arguing over who was "original" or not, we should be discussing the books and the movie, because that's the whole point of the spot.

I am also one of those who like the occasional repeat pick. However, it gets annoying after it's repeated about 50 times (There have been so many 'who should Bella be with' and Edward vs. Jake picks that I've lost count). Also, if someone comes up with a really great pick, it's kind of rude to copy it. There's no need to attack people over it, but everyone should just be mindful about these things.

The debates on here are fun though. It's just that comments like 'You like a dog better than a vampire' or 'twilight needs to beat harry fuckin potter' are unncessary and don't really help support a point other than your dislike for something.
over a year ago VampireGirl said…
lol, nice thing about crushing each other's potato chips, lol
i totally agree with you
lol why thank you VampireGirl. It was a saying I learned from a teacher. Once you crush someone's potato chips, there's no fixing them! lol