Twilight Series So you've read the Twilight Series....

blcknwhtenred posted on Apr 21, 2008 at 10:22PM
What are you going to read afterwards? Not including the multiple read-overs of the series; because, I know I have done that now, twice. Although, I bet there are plenty out there who have read the series more than me.

I was thinking about this earlier, and thought that if there are so many people out there who are in love with Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, these people must like similar books as me.

So as a community I thought it would be nice for all of us to offer some book titles, series, and authors that might appeal to all of us who like Twilight as well.

Twilight Series 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago blcknwhtenred said…
I know I just put this up here, but I'll slowly put up a few books I think people here will like.

My favorite author: Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

Rhodes has about eight books out right now. Her first being "In the Forests of the Night" about a vampire named Risika. Her three books that followed her initial publication all took place in her vampire universe, the titles are: "Demon in my View", "Shattered Mirror", and "Midnight Predator." These are all considerably quick reads.

Her following four books are a series about shapeshifters (in a matter of speaking) and their kingdoms. The first is "Hawksong", the second is "Snakecharm", followed by "Falcon Dance", then "Wyrenhail."

There is my first recommendation.
over a year ago Andiilove said…
i def. used to hate reading and after Twilight i cant stop. ive spent so much at Borders the ppl who work there know me when i come in. lol. love it.

heres a list of some good ones ive read:

-Blue Bloods & Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz.
-Marked, Betrayed, & Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kirstin Cast.
-Vampire Diaries 1-4 by L.J. Smith.
-Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith.
-Prom Nights fom Hell by Meg Cabot, Kim Harrison, Michele Jaffe, Stephenie Meyer, & Lauren Myracle.
-City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

not related to Twilight in a mythical way but still very good...
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.
-The Other Boelyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.
-Escape by... shoot what her name?! well its a true story... about this lady escaping from a polygamist relationship... really good!!

And of course wonderful FanFiction. but thats a whole different topic and i could go on for days and pages with all my favs. lol.
over a year ago blcknwhtenred said…
hmmm i definitely have to add those to my list.
ive never gotten into fanfiction though.

I recently bought Vampire Diaries since I decided to add it to my collection heh.
over a year ago twilighter03 said…
I find it really difficult to read other books since twilight. I find I am constantly comparing. But I also really enjoy the blue blood series.
over a year ago surfen_cutie09 said…
i agree with twilighter03 i always start thinking about twilight when im reading something else
over a year ago Heidi42 said…
Blood and Chocolate is about Werewolves. I like the book also but i honestly only read it because there were werewolves in it.
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
i always dont wanna read anything after i read twilight. i just wanna read it again and again! but then i realize i probably shouldnt, because it's probably not good to get sooo obsessed about one thing...i just cant help it.

here are some of my verrry favorites (they're not related to twilight in any way, but still great.)

-Eragon by christopher paolini (and eldest and, soon, brisingr)
-inkheart by cornelia funke (and inkspell)
-the sisterhood of the traveling pants by ann brashares
-confessions of georgia nicolson by louise rennison
-1-800-WHERE-R-U by meg cabot
-the mediator by meg cabot
-the princess diaries by meg cabot
-harry potter series by jk rowling
-artemis fowl series by eoin colfer

there's lots more, i just cant think of them
over a year ago walker93 said…
Nothing I've read since Twilight has been quite as good, but I've enjoyed reading anything and everything by Scott Westerfeld. Here's some of his books I've read so far:

-Uglies series
-Peeps (about vampires)
-These Days (sequal to Peeps)
-So Yesterday
-Midnighters series

There's a bunch of other ones I haven't read yet. They're all really good, just not as good as Twilight.

I've also read:

-Blood and Chocolate (about werewolves)
-Eragon
-Eldest
-Beast
-Wolves At Our Door
-Harry Potter series
-etc.

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago kttykatkate said…
They're not at all similar, to each other or to the Twilight series, but Eva Ibbotson's novels are entertaining and I like Mary Higgins Clark.
over a year ago VampireGirl said…
umm, i liked a lot of books. some are:

-memoir of a teenage amnesiac by gabrielle zevin
-a certain slant of light by laura whitcomb
-impulse by ellen hopkirk
-the pretty little liars series by sara shepard
-sweet blood by pete hautman
-seven tears into the sea by terri farley

thats all i can think of right now.
whats weird is that i can relate like all those books to twilight in some way, lol
over a year ago jupiterfaerie said…
Diana Gabaldon - the Outlander Series
Lindsay Sands has a vampire romance series. Vampire Interupted is one of the titles
Wuthering Heights
Romeo and Juliet

over a year ago Michellebob said…
I agree with jupiterfaerie. If you didnt already read Romeo and Juliet do. There is so much extra meaning in New moon.
over a year ago FloatingMuffins said…
Some good books are:

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson
all books by Dan Brown (adult novels with some adult content, but they are really good mysteries)
books by Donna Jo Napoli (she rewrites old fairy tales into historical fiction)
books by Lauri Halse Anderson
books by Joan Bauer
Goddess of Yesterday by Caroline B. Cooney
The WIsh List by Eion Colfer
Looking for Alaska by John Green (incredibly moving book, I highly recommend it)
the Bloody Jack series by L. A. Meyer (adventure with some romance and some teen angst)

Personally, I find it hard to read other vampire and werewolf books. I get so annoyed when the mythology doesn't fit along Twilight mythology. I stray away from all other vampire and werewolf books.
over a year ago sparkly_edward said…
none of them compare to the twilight series but here are some really good ones....

-Chronicles of Faerie by O.R. Melling (4 books)
-Uglies series
-Shug

I dont read much unless its really good.
It is REALLY hard to find a book to fit my interests. (fantasy, romance, action, gore,and mythological creatures (optional) must be included in a fave book but i make exceptions)