The Office Would The Office Be Different with a Laugh Track

bwright posted on Mar 14, 2007 at 03:34PM
I don't know about you guys. I thinks it's interesting that they chose not to use a laugh track on the office. It kind of gives you the feeling that you can pick what's funny instead of the jokes be shoved down your throat. What do you guys think?

The Office 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago petunia04 said…
laugh tracks would not work for this show.
over a year ago ecconitro said…
I like not hearing laughing in the back ground
over a year ago hapaganthae said…
I agree. The silence in The Office is golden. I specifically avoid shows with laugh tracks, not only because they are generally the unfunniest shows, but because they ruin the realism of it.
over a year ago flutterly said…
I'm pretty sure there's no laugh track because The Office is a mockumentary. Even if they had wanted a laugh track, it wouldn't have fit in with the definition of the style of the show. And also, like everyone else said, a laugh track would ruin the show. There aren't any jokes. The humor comes from the characters and their situations.
over a year ago Shandiii said…
I hate laugh tracks. It's like saying that the show is so bad, that they have to add a laugh track to make it seem like someone is laughing.
But yeah.
I love the awkward silences. And I agree with mmmmmilf, every time I watch the office, I find something else funny that I didn't notice before.
over a year ago andybernard said…
laugh track would suck in the office. i think that in some shows it works, for example, that 70s show is ok with a laugh track, but with the office, it would take a lot away from the expierience. i dont like being told when to laugh.
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
A laugh track... no way. This sort of sense of humour isn't meant for a laugh track. The Office is awkward above everything else and people laughing in between would make it SO bad.
over a year ago papa said…
I'm very glad there's no laugh track. When I watch sitcoms that use them, it seems like a very crude imposition on the audience - almost obnoxious. I love shows that forgo the laugh track entirely..