The Office How long will The Office air?

ilovejimhalpert posted on Mar 05, 2007 at 11:07PM
So how long do you think that The Office will be on tv? i know that they have a 4 year contract so im thinking at least four seasons. I want it to go on forever but i kind of think that once jim and pam get together it will be over...any thoughts?

The Office 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago rodthemod said…
I'm thinking 4-5 seasons would be sufficient. Beyond that the show could end up like friends with all possible romantic pairings having been explored and increasingly ridiculous and rehashed plot ideas.

As long as the show goes out while it's still in its current fine form I'll be happy with it. Just please don't let it limp off into the sunset.

Nightmare scenario: Michael Scott leaves the show and they try to replace him with some new boss for another season or two. No!!!!!
over a year ago ilovejimhalpert said…
that would be horrible!!!!! or if they end the show and one f the actors do a show called like, "Dwight" or something. that would be horrible too!
over a year ago reenay said…
I don't know about this whole "the show can't live without the Jim-Pam tension". The show was/is hilarious even when there are few to none Jam moments in an episode. There are plenty of things that could happen even after they're together. If you watch back in the first half of the show Jam was only a small part of the whole.
over a year ago andybernard said…
they could actually go through a season or two with jim and pam together, and still keep everyone interested.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago timetrapsus said…
i'm guessing around 10 years. hopefully longer.
over a year ago flutterly said…
Unfortunately.. Dunder-Mifflin is being run out of business by Staples and the like. In Business School, Ryan mentioned it happening in less than 10 years. I kind of saw that as a shout out to the eventual ending of the show. It would make a lot of sense for the last few episodes of the series to deal with the closing of the entire company.

I don't think the series is going to end with Jim and Pam getting together. There's no way the writers are going to keep dragging it out for that long.
over a year ago timetrapsus said…
well yeah he said less than 10 years, but it's already been on for 3. the cast is huge, and as it keeps getting more popular, they're going to need more $$ from nbc to stay on the show. i don't know, hopefully 7 more years is possible.
over a year ago hawkluvbeer said…
I figure 30 years. That way, Michael and Pam could have a baby together.
over a year ago andybernard said…
whatever the ending of the show is, it is going to be sad, especially if it gets shut down, wich it probly will. i wil cry. where else would michael go?
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
This is where the UK show is helpful. That ended with the boss being fired (of course) and umm... well the English Pam left to America with her fiance... it was SAD! But then they had a christmas special which was a reunion and the English Jam got together - YAY!

But the UK show only went for 14 episodes so... yeah. But still thinking the end will be the same - Michael gets fired and Jam get together. Then again if NBC is soft they might not fire Michael... never no.