The Office What do you guys think of Rainn Wilson's debut on SNL

CameronWanabe posted on Feb 27, 2007 at 02:54AM
For those of you who watched SNL for Rainn Wilsons debut on SNL. How do you think he did? What were your favorite parts? My favorite part was the remake of the upcomming movie with Sammuel L jackson. No doubt one of the funniest and grossest thing to watch when Rainn is in just his underwear. Another part I liked was the Monalogue when Rainn was showing the behind the scenes of Snl and then the cast exactely how the office was. With Pam, Jim etc..

Let me know your Favorites or dislikes

The Office 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago bealoser said…
those were my favorite scenes too. when i first saw the digital short in real time, i didn't really like it but then i watched it again online and it struck me as really funny the second time.

the noony one was kinda funny too. i like those characters. rainn didn't really do much but i feel like the comedy of that sketch will always be heavily on the noony's themselves, so..

and i don't remember any more that aren't already mentioned!
over a year ago marissa said…
i fell asleep about half way through the show, so i didn't get to see all of it, but to be honest, i wasn't all that impressed. i really, really liked the monologue. the 'pam' had me in stiches, and i liked the "noony" one, too, but other then that, there really wasn't a sketch that was all that great, that i can remeber. actually, the one where they were all sitting in the bar singing that song was pretty funny.
over a year ago sfdude said…
I was pretty disappointed to be honest. I guess I have such high expectations for Dwight that I felt like the lousy writing on SNL was a waste of his talent. It could have been so much funnier. The problem with SNL is that the host is left to the whim of the writing staff and they may not be able to salvage some of the awful sketches. So based on that, I think Rainn did a fine job given the less than stellar material he had to work with. The business meeting one was a bit corny if you ask me.
over a year ago lemming said…
I thought the business meeting one was funny. But I guess I've been in meetings that may as well have been as ridiculous as the one he was leading.
over a year ago andybernard said…
the monologue was okay, it was funny at first but then it got kinda boring and not funny. the other things wernt that funny but i kinda liked that meeting one. SNL isnt that funny anymore so it didnt suprise me.
over a year ago petunia04 said…
I was disappointed..not necessarily with Rainn but with the sketches...not very good. I went to be halfway through the show.
over a year ago timetrapsus said…
i was actually in the audience for the show. it was probably the best night of my life. but yeah, the show itself had holes. rainn did an awesome job though.
over a year ago bealoser said…
oh man that is awesome!! a friend of mine got the chance to see that show but she couldn't go and she couldn't pass the tickets onto me and i was *VERY* upset when i found out. SO CLOSE!
over a year ago timetrapsus said…
yeah it's definitely a cool experience. i've been watching it since i was 10, and to actually be there and see how it works is fun.