The Office Why do you watch The Office?

greedo posted on Feb 06, 2007 at 06:04PM
I was having this conversation with a friend and he and she was saying that she watches Office for the romance which I found unusual. Then I talked to another person who said the same thing!

Anyway, I was just curious, because I watch it for the officeplace humor.

Why do you watch the show? What is the compelling aspect?

Is it the romance or is it the business humor (or is it something else)?

The Office 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago jane-willow said…
i'd watch the offic even if there wasn't any romance. there really isnt anything else like it on tv, so io really look forward to it.

but i have to say, that i really like the romance aspect of it. its so sweet!
it just brings another element to it, i guess.

*sighs*

i love it all.
over a year ago bSd said…
Um, it's .....FUNNY.
over a year ago CameronWanabe said…
I watch the office because I find funny especially between Dwight and Jim. With all the pranks that Jim does...
over a year ago LittleKidLover7 said…
you get into the characters, especially jim and pam, dwight and angela, the romances help, and im also a HUGE steve carell fan
over a year ago Hayseed said…
I watch it because it makes me laugh. I like to laugh, but I only like it when I laugh...not when other people laugh like with laugh tracks, which I totally despise. So, that's a major factor in determining whether or not I will watch a particular show/series. It's also a very dry-humor show, and I totally dig that. Oh yeah, and Dwight totally rocks!
over a year ago lyesja said…
Do any of u guys know any websites i can watch tv shows through, my schools blocked peekvid, dailymotion and veoh. . .any others??? thanx alot
over a year ago flowerpower said…
I love the romance aspect of the show. The humor is great too, but how many comedies are there with real-life portrayals angst and love? Office is tops in this area!
over a year ago DiddywithP said…
When this show is at 75%, it is still the best thing on network TV. Not only is it the best ensemble cast (since Arrested Development is no longer on) but is is the best written show out there. It makes you laugh to the point of shortness of breath and then on a dime will turn into the best drama on TV, with truly beautiful human emotion. I rep this show so hard to anyone that hasn't discovered it yet.
over a year ago htw5963 said…
Because i'm in love with Jan Levingston Gould and that BIG, HOT FOREHEAD!!!