The Office Production Is Shut Down...

immisterkevin posted on Nov 06, 2007 at 01:16AM
Season 4 is done until the writer's strike is over. Steve, Rainn, and the other members of the cast aren't working now.

The Office 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago tyleroffice4 said…
OMG NO NO NO NO NO
over a year ago Familygal925 said…
I know, I've been reading up on officetally. This is horrible! I really hope it ends soon!!!
over a year ago michael said…
I'm surprised - I thought it was only a writers guild strike. The actors and crew are still under contract and they should have a bunch of scripts to shoot...
over a year ago Shandiii said…
Yeah, that's what I thought too, Michael. But it says Steve Carell is apart of the WGA, and then of course Mindy, BJ, and Paul are also... so that's like a lot of the cast...

I'm really upset, I thought it was just going to be on pause, but the article says they're trying to actually get the show shut down.
I'm so confused... I feel like this is a bad dream.
over a year ago Welladjusted84 said…
Steve is a WGA member. He co-wrote The 40-Year-Old Virgin and wrote the season 2 finale
over a year ago llerenaprincipe said…
*sighs*
it was too good to be true =(
over a year ago polysci1 said…
maybe we could start writing the shows, I think we are devout enough fans. We could have Jim propose to Pam the first episode if we wanted.
over a year ago tvman said…
Now when Steve says shut down the show. Does that mean sut it down forever? It better not mean that!
over a year ago brokenbrain said…
It will shut down just until the strike is over. Anyways, they only have one completed script to shoot. So, even if the actors show up to work, they will have no new scripts after.
over a year ago bstens said…
they have three more episodes wrote and shot, but they arent writing anymore until the strike is over. So there will be three more new episodes, then they will have to show something else until the strike is over. I have heard they will show the UK office during the strike.
over a year ago shannieannie said…
nooooooooo!!! :(
awww craaap!!! :( this sucks! i was talking to my mom about this today, and explaining to her that the office wasn't going to be a part of this strike cuz i thought they had written all the episodes already... dang it that really sucks... :(
over a year ago fawkes716 said…
NO!NO!NO!
This is not right the one thing that gets me thru school all week! What will I do?? By the way I am rather liking your idea polysci1.
over a year ago immisterkevin said…
Guys, Greg Daniels and Steve are refusing to work. Greg isn't even going to do his producing duties. When the two most important people on the show doesn't work, that means production stops. They were going to film the new episode this week, but Greg shut it down.

And it sucks too, because according to Greg, they had the best table read they've ever had for the episode.

The Deposition, next week's episode, will be the last new episode.
over a year ago tessajanuary said…
*cries in devastation*
over a year ago nonames said…
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO
over a year ago iar said…
Ok, don´t panic! We know that they care about the fans a lot and they are going to write more episodes, this is just a crisis, a fight between the writers and the others. And they are doing this because they have to do something, I mean, this is their work. I think this is going to be over soon and everything is going back to normal. It really sucks but we have to trust and support them.

over a year ago chel1395 said…
I'm actually feeling a little sick over this. I really feel for the writers because they deserve to be compensated fairly for their work. But, on the other hand, I just want to scream at Steve Carell and Greg Daniels and the rest of The Office crew "GET BACK TO WORK!!" This is really unfair on the fans and we are the reason they have jobs. This basically sucks.