The Office Camera Men

Temptasia posted on Nov 02, 2007 at 04:05PM
How was he getting those shots when they were driving down the street? Where was he sitting?

The Office 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago llerenaprincipe said…
*scratches head* good point
cameras on the car
and the cameraman was in another car?
over a year ago dave said…
Oohhhhh that's an excellent question! Whenever they drive there's a camera on them from the front of the car...flaw! :) Nice catch Tarah!
over a year ago chel1395 said…
I'm always noticing stuff like that. Like when Jim and Michael were driving to NYC in "Launch Party." Where was the cameraman? And when Jim drives away, does the camera guy run after him to get in the car?? :D

over a year ago tomkatnan said…
They also have a camera built into the car, right by the front doors.
over a year ago chel1395 said…
My theory is they have the a couple cameras built into the car. Then, they follow in another car, which is how they can get the outside shots, like when they stop to get Jim's phone.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago bstens said…
I also noticed that they brought two cameramen to utica, so why didnt they have one stay with jim, and the other go with dwight/michael so they could show them stealing the copier.
over a year ago tyleroffice4 said…
that would have been funnier but i agree with Chel that they have camara's fixed in the car but they have a cameraman hiding in the trunk so he can jump out and see in the seen but when jim was hiding from Karen i think it was a cameraman because he was "shhhh!"
over a year ago cycle-of-menace said…
They metioned in season 3's audio commentary that they started uses camera's mounted inside the car. I thought that was pretty obvious considering the angle and also the quality of picture. Its a lot different looking than when they are holding the cameras.
over a year ago Temptasia said…
But there are certain angles that I don't think they could get with mounted cameras. Like a a veiw of the side of Michael's face. It did not look like the camera was looking down like it would if the camera was mounted in the front side of the car. I don't know? These are some great theories though. That gives me a lot to think about.
over a year ago llerenaprincipe said…
really small cameras
i'd say like 3
2 on the sides and one in the rearview mirror
over a year ago jlil02 said…
Looks like they've started using the cameramen as parts of the gags. Like last night when they locked one in the trunk and he mistakenly lit a flare looking for a light .....

On Cops when they are busting hookers, they have a camera in the car in the front looking at the both the cop and the hooker. The hooker never sees it, so it must be pretty small.