The Office II

someguynamedjer posted on Oct 31, 2007 at 10:19PM
So, the head-honchos at NBC decided it would be a good idea to create a spin-off. They aren't taking current characters, but are looking for a "name" actor to be the lead. They are even thinking of introducing the new characters this season in "The Office".
Any thoughts? I personally hope this isn't like,
The Office: Miami
The Office: NY
The Office: Special Victims Unit

Also, bring back Ricky Gervais if anybody to lead it.

The Office 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago bstens said…
I think it's a bad idea.

I mean is it just going to be another paper company in some other town? Plus are they going to copy the originals with a arrogant boss and a similar Jam relationship.

They've already made one spin off, lets keep it at that.
over a year ago Familygal925 said…
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the annoying boss and Jam, Dwangela realtionships. I think that if they do make an Office 2 and it isn't good, then it might affect the real Office's reputation. I just don't think it's a good idea. I mean, who knows, maybe it would work out great...but I'm not sure...
over a year ago maybeastarbucks said…
An NBC spin-off? Didn't they learn their lesson with Joey?
over a year ago doonis said…
If they make this, I will blow my brains out.
over a year ago cycle-of-menace said…
I think this sounds like an absolutley horrible idea.

Spinoffs are gross and never work.
And on the slim chance they do, it usually means the show that it spun off of now sucks.
NO SPIN OFFS!

Hey, we should start a petition to send to NBC you guys!
over a year ago Earl-h said…
spin offs are usually bad ideas (Joey and Private Practice come to mind) i mean if they made it i would likely watch it, but i would never like it as much as the original

btw cycle of menace that sounds like a great idea!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Ross266 said…
why make a spin off when the show is never dull?
over a year ago Ross266 said…
NBC is also doing a spin off of Heroes called "Heroes: Origin" but the purpose of it is to bring a new character onto the main show for season 3. The new character will be picked by viewers. I don't like the idea of Office 2, but if they are doing the same thing like they're doing with Heroes, I guess that makes it slightly less horrible
over a year ago immisterkevin said…
bad idea. The Office is a brilliant show that cannot be redone in any way or form, unless the British one decides to start up again.
over a year ago blisslikethis said…
i totally agree.. although i have to say that with the way things are shaping up on Grey's, Private Practice might just take over. as far as the Office is concerned, however, BAD IDEA. it already IS a spinoff of the British version.. and as someguynamedjer mentioned, The Office: Miami would be a complete disaster.
over a year ago tvman said…
I was just going to say the same thing maybeastarbucks.