The Office Is a Jim and Karen Breakup Imminent?

lemming posted on Jan 19, 2007 at 08:48AM
Wow, so many developments tonight. That was a short, but brutal exchange between Jim and Karen during the Oscar party (about whether or not Jim still has feelings for Pam).

So do you all think Jim and Karen are on the rocks or soon to be? I'm thinking they've got maybe one or two more episodes together, which is too bad because despite all the Karen haters out there, I actually like her. It would be nice if Jim and Karen could at least have a longer honeymoon before the rough times. But that's tv for ya'. Oh well.

The Office 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago pandawful said…
His reply was only one word, but I thought it was very well delivered - so vulnerable.

I like Karen, but I've always been on Team Pam. I knew the relationship was doomed from the beginning - the hints were totally there from the Christmas episode.
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
It was a nice change cos i was certain he'd say no. Man did she look pissed! I feel sorry for her. Karen is cool.
they'll probably break up next ep or somethin! exciting! cant wait!
over a year ago hekissedmyhand said…
yeah I think that they'll break up. Karen is strong and wont stand for it. I hope they break up and and Karen tells pam why.
over a year ago tpruss00 said…
I feel like it's gonna be a lead up to the season finale, where they're gonna kiss again and leave us hanging for the next season..
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
The key to getting Jam together is making them realise that they both like each other. They could just go on being friends till the end of the season thinking that the other person just wants to be friends. Karen *could* tell Pam but... yeah doubt it. Pam might start wondering why shes acting cold to all of a sudden tho.
over a year ago ehcanadian said…
Yeah, I think she'll leave... Eventually.
Karen could just ignore Jim's yes (which was quite beautiful, by the way), and still be with him for a while. But she'll always know that Jim still has feelings for Pam, and then something (much like Thursday night's episode) will happen again, and she'll just break.
And if she leaves, who will take her place as Jim's girlfriend?
Or will Jim even get a girlfriend? He could draw out the break-up, and just wait for Pam.
Because, again, we all know that Pam and Jim (as snoznoodle said), need to realise that they could get the relationship going. And that could certainly take a while, because the tension on that subject is getting to be a big part of the show.

Don't get me wrong, I love Karen.
But Pam came first.
And I am forever rooted on the Jim/Pam ship.
over a year ago petunia04 said…
Absolutely...karen will be breaking off the relationship and I'm sure she'll leave shortly after that. I don't find her funny and I can't see the writers all of a sudden trying to make her funny....it's time to say "bye bye"
over a year ago JelloStapler said…
I don't see as much of a connectin between Jim and Karen.. if there even is one. But I don't want Jim and Pam to get together because then we wouldn't be as anxious for the next episode :)
over a year ago marissa said…
karen is nice, but jim is in love with pam, and, to help me sleep at night, she loves him. hopefully she realizes this before she gets her feelings hurt.
over a year ago penguin said…
I like Karen too! It's funny that she's kind of a black sheep in the show because she is attractive and kind of normal seeming! But I think their break up could be finished by the next episode--she seemed extremely upset by Jim's answer.
I get the impression that she feels more strongly for Jim than he does for her--aside from the Pam issues, I can't recall a single talking head where Jim says anything about being enthusiastic about their relationship. He seems just along for the ride. I hope Rashida Jones sticks around though.