The Office "Gay Witch Hunt" Thoughts?

dave posted on Sep 22, 2006 at 03:02PM
Not a bad start to the new season. They sure did resolve that Jim and Pam thing downright quick though! I figured it was unlikely they would end up together...yet. I knew Jim would end up taking the other job at headquarters, but definitely wasn't expecting Pam to break it off completely with Roy.

As for the whole gay witch hunt thing, sheer hilarity. From the ridiculous lines that come out of Michael's mouth, the awkward tension of the others, and Kevin snickering on the side like a 12-year old. Pretty good start to the season I'd say.

The Office 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago monkeypup said…
I loved it. I've read that Jim and Pam will start communicating via phone calls and text messaging over the season. I really want them to get together, and I hope the writers take it that way. The original BBC series never did, and it was something I was always disappointed in.

My wife was a little uncomfortable by the gay storyline, at least in parts. Too serious and not funny enough. I could see that too, but it didn't bother me. Specifically, she was bothered by Angela pushing oscar away and screaming "Don't touch me!" That's pretty severely homophobic, and not really that funny.

I see her point, but sometimes you need to dig and make people uncomfortable in the name of humor.

Can't wait to see what's coming up this season.
over a year ago michael said…
I'm actually pretty excited about the whole Jim and Pam situation. With Jim remote and Roy trying to win her back, this could be a great season for that whole dynamic.

I really enjoyed seeing other people (at the Stamford office) and their "fresh" opinions of Jim.

Pam's expressions during Michael's conference meeting are priceless. The whole gay witch hunt was pretty funny especially since all the characters played just as you'd expect them to given their prior behaviors. Awesome.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago flutterly said…
I was laughing so hard during the part where Michael moves in to kiss Oscar. So awkward, yet so hilarious.
over a year ago suzi said…
Me too. I was choking at that point. Michael makes the awkward and uncomfortable somehow...so endearing.

The amazing thing about him is despite being such a jerk/idiot, he can still get folks like Oscar to come around to his way of doing things (remember how Michael was about to leave the room, utterly dejected when Oscar pulled him back? lol!).