The Office Office Twist

ahack12 posted on May 31, 2007 at 11:35PM
I was thinking that maybe everyone is just interpeting the season finale wrong. Maybe Ryan didnt get the job at corporate and karen did. david wallace and ryan could have been talking to different people. ryan could have been talking to someone else and david could have been talking to karen. any thoughts?

The Office 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DwightHalpert said…
yes, i think you do have a point. I mean with Ryan not having made one sale yet, it's seems a bit of a stretch to give him a job at corpoarte based solely on his MBA degree. I'm thinking Ryan could have been talking to...Karen...and he's excited about them going out on a date (remember he already asked her out once - "Women's Appreciation"). This is assuming ofcourse Jim broke up with her in New York. makes any sense?
over a year ago marissa said…
i was confused about that, too. im not all that sure that ryan got the job, but i dont think he was talking to karen, either.

she just got dumped. why would she ask some guy out so quickly?
also, when he sent her that email, didnt she read it to jim and they both had a laugh over it?

i just cant see karen liking ryan.

honestly, i think he was on the phone with someone else.
over a year ago spanky0202 said…
I won't rule out the possibility, because obviously these writers find ways to surprise us ALL when we least expect it. I mean, did anyone predict Jan's surgery? I suspect there's more to it than any of us have considered yet.
over a year ago whatsupjen said…
umm, this is the office, not lost. i don't think there's anything fishy or suspenseful going on in the finale. i think it is just what it looks like it is.
over a year ago ilovejimhalpert said…
haha that last comment was really funny! i mean i think that they like to throw in twists, but i do think that ryan got the job. i mean he's in buisness school so he has that expirence, for the most part the office is pretty straight foward except for things to make a joke, aka jans new boobs. it could be a possibility, but i do think he got the job.
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
I think Jim got the job and he's going to take it. I think that Ryan was talking to somebody else. Even though I agree that they won't make it an outrageous twist, I do think that they won't make it so easy for us to guess what is going to happen either. Look at how season 3 ended, I don't think anybody was expecting Jim to ask Pam on a date.
over a year ago superrobb22 said…
This is supposed to be filmed in the style of a documentary. Why would a documentary crew try to mess with it's audience like that? I would be pretty disappointed if it wasn't a conversation between Ryan and David Wallace.
over a year ago kCoop217 said…
B.J. Novak said something in his blog about Ryan becoming Michael's boss. If I hadn't read that though, I would be worried that you were right.
over a year ago petunia04 said…
Yeah BJ Novak & the other writers were on a live blog after the finale and he mentioned that Ryan would be back and he was definitely implying that he was going to be Michael's boss...it's going to be interesting! Oh yes, and they said that in season 4 we are going to find out why Michael hates Toby so much...I can't wait for that one!
over a year ago user6336 said…
I think Ryan did get the job based on just the education. I don't think anybody else (including Jim) knew he was applying for the job, and I think Jim figured Karen was the only one who would actually get the job, so he thought she'd be in NYC and it'd all be over so he could go out with Pam, but Karen I think will be back, and Jim will be stuck in a hard place and won't actually date Pam.
over a year ago goalstopper said…
i don't think karen will be back she has a pilot on fox. as for ryan, i don't think the office was trying to trick the viewers, that would be something for lost or 24 (if there setting was an office place, could you imagine?). although i would not rule it out.