The Office Just Not Funny

PkmnTrainerJ posted on May 14, 2007 at 08:51PM
Does this show get any better as it goes on? I just watched the first episode, and it's a carbon copy of the first British episode, yet I think I only laughed once for this one, whereas I laughed a few times at the British one.

Please tell me this does come into it's own and doesn't carry on basically mimicking the British one episode for episode.

The Office 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago agentScarn said…
the first season (6 episodes i think) are very similar to the UK version... there are however good episodes in season 1, but at least give it until season 2...
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago marissa said…
personally, i really liked the pilot. yah, it was pretty much just like the british one, but, hey, they were playing it safe.
watch the mext one, diversity day. its easily one of the funniest ones. if you dont like that one, maybe you just dont get it.
over a year ago JeremyRohx said…
steve carrell purposely doesnt watch the bristish show. he wants to be as real as possible. this is one of the best comedies on tv right now.
over a year ago gun-show said…
i saw the us version first, then when i saw the first episode of the uk's i was a little disappointed that the pilot was almost a carbon copy of the uk show. i say almost because pam tells michael "you're a jerk" and dawn tells david "you're a wanker" but then i realized they found their own identity in future shows. watch this show- you will not be disappointed.
over a year ago smackdabish said…
The show DEFINITELY gets its own identity in later seasons; stick with it, it gets funnier.
over a year ago spanky0202 said…
Absolutely - stick with it and you'll be wishing it were an hour long just like the rest of us. The British version was great, no argument - but while the US version was originally based on it, it has developed its own identity and flavor. Keep watching!!
over a year ago iznogud said…
The UK show is just "darker" and I'd say a little more cruel, cold, but very funny, of course. The US show added many other aspects to the concept and turns out to be more envolving and, I don't regret saying, funnier.