The Office Finale Theories!

bwright posted on May 12, 2007 at 12:36PM
What are your theories of what will happen on the finale...please don't post if u have already found out what the ending will be.

my theory is that Karen will get the job at corporate...it is the only possible outcome...the actors who play any of the other candidates for the position are starring i.e. Michael, Jim, Dwight, Ryan....although Stanley could end up getting the job...how about that face on thursday...sure scared jim. Yeah, so Karen will be transferred to corporate in New York and then it will go back to the always known will they, won't they relationship that we've always loved for season 4. That and Michael would never be sent to work for corporate.

The Office 15 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago bradlybob said…
I think that Jim will be offered the job and after some consideration he will turn it down. This will be the last straw for Karen who will be offered the job and will move to NY. Sometime next season Angela and Oscar will grow closer and Angela will discover what a sweet guy he is. Comedy will ensue when Dwight feels threatened. Jim and Pam will become friends again after a few awkward moments and eventually will start dating. Micheal will become more pitiful throughout the season until he finds another love interest, Maybe Oscars jilted lover!
over a year ago CelticPride said…
Really, I am not sure what is going to happen
SPOILER ALERT" Don't read this if you don't want to know what happens next episode
They are filming two endings to the office this season, one where Karen gets the job, and one where Karen doesn't. Seperating Jim again would be cliche an dboring nfor office fans, it was good once. I can't wait to see how Dwight handles the branch when Jim and Michael are on the trip.
over a year ago marissa said…
i think karen will go too, but that just doesnt make sense to me. michael and jim have way more expirenece, dont they? and they both have better jobs then her at this point.
why would they give it to her?

though, i hope she goes.

i miss jam.
over a year ago RelientJ said…
I'm pretty sure Karen will get the Job... she seems like she could be very responsible and I kno the writer's want to keep her character around even if she's not in a relationship w/ Jim... so this would be the best way!
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
I've noticed Karen's probably one of the only people who tries to take her job seriously. Jim might be offered the job but I doubt he'll take it, and he'll probably recommend her or something.
As for the whole Pam confession thing, I think they'll be friends again, probably without Karen's blessing but Jim will ignore her which will push her to want the job even more. How could he not be friends with Pam again after that speech? Maybe we can expect one last awesome prank just to finish off the season!
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
I've noticed Karen's probably one of the only people who tries to take her job seriously. Jim might be offered the job but I doubt he'll take it, and he'll probably recommend her or something.
As for the whole Pam confession thing, I think they'll be friends again, probably without Karen's blessing but Jim will ignore her which will push her to want the job even more. How could he not be friends with Pam again after that speech? Maybe we can expect one last awesome prank just to finish off the season!
over a year ago petunia04 said…
I think Jim will be offered the position but will turn it down for Pam..and that will be the end of him and Karen and she will probably take the position at corporate. What about Jan's big news?! Could she be pregnant?! That could add some fun dynamics for next season.
over a year ago Cassandragd said…
I think Jan's news is that she quit, because of her break-up with Michael (and her job is the position that Michael, Jim and Karen are interviewing for). I also think that Jim will be offered the job, and that he will turn it down because of Pam, and Karen will then be offered the position, and take it. Buh-bye Karen.
over a year ago spanky0202 said…
Cassandragd, that's what I have been thinking too. I think Jan went to pieces after Michael dumped her in a voicemail and it's her job they're interviewing for. That would explain David Wallace's hesitation when Michael asked about her over the phone and his vaugeness about the job... JMHO.
over a year ago petunia04 said…
It would make sense if it was Jan's job, but why would they put Karen or Jim in as Michael's boss?! What has Karen done that shows leadership?! What does she do anyways?! So it might be Jan's job...which would be weird b/c they would obviously be in the next season...I still want to see Jan pregnant with Michael's child...that would be fun! Besides, I like Jan. Who knows...two days to go!
over a year ago Temptasia said…
Potentially both could happen. Jan could be pregnant and she could have quit her job and that is the job they are interviewing for. That is kinda what I have been thinking all along. Plus if you listen to the interview with Jenna that was posted you will hear her say that there is a big developement with Micheal and Jan, and she says take "big" literally.... Honestly what else could it be?
over a year ago caintil31 said…
i have two theories. either karen is the first pick for the job or jim is the first pick but he turns it down. either way jim is still staying in scranton to be with pam
over a year ago tdashko said…
The job interviews would go down like this:
1)Whether or not Michael is offered the job, he would never want to leave Scranton. He's way too attached to his branch. He would certainly turn it down, especially since he has no successor. The Jan factor may also play a part in his not taking the job.
2)Jim would likely be offered the job, but will turn it down because a) he is an underachiever and doesn't want to admit that Dunder-Mifflin is his career and b) he still has feelings for Pam and knows that if he leaves she will be all alone and they'll never have another chance. I think whatever Pam does in reaction to Dwight's takeover will reinforce her awesomeness in his eyes.
3) Karen will not be the first choice, but she will get offered the job. She's ambitious and will take it. Its likely she will know at that point that Jim turned the offer down, which will be a turning point in their relationship.If she's unaware he turned it down, she will likely ask him to go with her to New York, which he will not do, and they will break up.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Sandiblonde said…
I bet 10 beets that tdashko is right.
over a year ago spanky0202 said…
Oh yeah, those are the money beets.