The Office Is the Office Doomed to end soon?

ilovejimhalpert posted on Apr 27, 2007 at 07:22PM
I know that we all love the office, but after last nights episode i mean seriously, this is getting kind of old. I mean second season is by far the best and after last nights episode, i have kind of lost my faith in "The Office." We know that it is probably going to end with Dunder Mifflin going out of business and we also know that everyone has 4 year contracts (Melora Hardin interview on Megan Mullaly), so do you think that next season will be the end of it? I feel like it is just going down hill and they can only keep the JAM will they won't going for a little bit more. I mean i absolutly love the office but i really don't want it to be one of those shows that gets dropped because fans start to die off. So any predictions for what the future has for "The Office?"
last edited on Apr 28, 2007 at 01:58AM

The Office 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago aspence04 said…
most definetly Jim & Pam will be together :)
over a year ago stotz55 said…
You are not a really a fan sir.
over a year ago agentScarn said…
i have loved every single episode that they have put on the air. I sometime wonder how many ideas can they keep coming up with, but then i watch the 15 min. of deleted scenes and that restores all faith.

Sure this episode was not the best, but by no means was it bad. I think it may be that we are all just a bit spoiled.

my prediction... two more seasons then an office movie.. how great would that be...
over a year ago julesfan said…
I agree with most of the comments above. I like every episode they have...sure I have some favorites but you cannot say that the last episode wasn't funny. I am a huge JAM fan, but I am also starting to appreciate all of the other funny stuff they keep incoporating into the show. Most of us all love JAM, but at some point you need to see the value of the show beyond that aspect.

Not to mention that this was one of the best opens ever.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago hawkluvbeer said…
As long as their making money, they'll make shows.
over a year ago petunia04 said…
OMG are you kidding me?! These episodes are brilliant!!! The writing is sooo clever! The season keeps getting better and better. Obviously I totally disagree with the original poster. I think this show is amazing and will continue as long as the network will carry it. The last episode "product recall" was brilliant!! I've watched it a dozen times already...how could you not love "dwight halpert" and dwight imitating Jim at the end...that was awesome!!
over a year ago Urkel-gru said…
whatup people!

clearly you're not a fan if u think the show hasnt been worthy of continuation..."product recall" was kind of a throwback to early season 2, and a contrast to "safety training" which was uniquely morbid, still very good. so if you didnt like product recall, then you're just lost.

i think the time in between new episodes actually hurts your own chances of enjoying the new material, especially if youre obsessed enough to read/write about it on the web, because the hype just keeps growing and growing. after 21 brief minutes, you're forced to wait another week (or longer) before you can experience the thrill all over again, and you might be disappointed, or slightly disappointed, if you aren't laughing hysterically the whole time...
over a year ago Urkel-gru said…
oh, and i would recommend watching the new episodes more than once...you'll pick up on the subtleties and realise they were actually very good episodes

p.s. any episode with Dwight in it, regardless of JAM, is a very good episode....."chicken on goat, couple o' chickens doin a goat, couple o' pigs watching"
over a year ago ilovedwight said…
I SOOOO AGREE WITH EVERY EPISODE BEING BRILLIANT.
i laugh so hard i love this show so much. it's my office life i swear! i hope it won't be the end of it. but if it is??? I WANT JIM AND JAN TO GET TOGETHER IN THE MOST ROMANTIC WAY EVER! and Kelly needs to be a part of the office more! SHE'S FREAKING HILARIOUS! i work with a girl who is just exactly like kelly! A SPICY CURRY AWARD!!
over a year ago bwright said…
well, since you don't like the show [anymore], i would agree stotz in saying you're not a fan [anymore]...i would agree with urkel-gru in saying that if you watch new episodes more than once you'll notice different things, for example in safety training when creed walks away from the bouncy castle zipping up his pants or in the negotiation when kelly proposes naming her child jennifer hudson kapoor

As a final note...you sound like one of the fans that is dying off
over a year ago hitchkick3 said…
The Office isn't going anywhere for a few reasons. First of all, Its making people money, and its NBC virtually sole successful comedy. Second, The office isn't dependent on a formulaic and cast specific format for its success. The large ammount of supporting cast members, as well as the fluctuations in the cast make up, bely what is truely the crux of the office's humor. While, The office is currently driven by the emerging storyline of the delayed courtship of Jim and Pam, and the buffoonery of Michael Scott, The supporting cast, and the interactions thereof actually provide i would argue a bulk of the humor.
What does all of this mean?
First of all, It means that the show has built through its use of limited exposure to the cast, a very complete picture of the interactions of the office staff. Thus, If Carrell the defacto star of the series leaves, we would be comfortable in watchin the rest of the staff adjust, becuase real life is in flux. Consider the first part of the third season, which contains my personal favorie, "The Initiation." If The Jim and Pam Romance is so central to the continuing plot and interest of the office, then how could this episode work. Jim and Pam are hundreds of miles away from each other and only interact on the phone. The driving force in this episode is of course Dwight being completely creepy to Ryan.
Lately there has been little plot development. That is a correct criticism of the previous two episodes. However, they're still hillarious. Cmon Darryl telling Mike to remember "The New Black Man phrase I taught you." The office isn't going anywhere... Its an ensemble cast. Its making people money.... Its going to be around for a long, long time.
over a year ago goalstopper said…
i hope not but it seems like one of the shows that will jump the shark at one point.
over a year ago marissa said…
i love the office. like...sooo much.

but i always thought that it should only be four or five seasons, no more.

not because its bad or anything, but so it wont...become bad, so they dont...(*searches for the word*) ..kill it. over do it. do it to death.

like, friends. that show was funny in its first couple of seasons, but think of the last few...
same with scrubs.

i dont want to watch the office get worse and worse until its cancelled. i want it to end just as funny as it started.

can they keep it funny for ten years?
i hope so.
but i doubt it.

hence, i don't think it should go on anymore then three more seasons, at most.
over a year ago Smafdi said…
I am a mega Office fan and I thought last nights episode was brilliant. Pam's honest outburst speach was the kind of payoff moment that was magic, one of the greatest office moments.