The Office Favorite Cold Open

goalstopper posted on Apr 23, 2007 at 02:14AM
don't you love the beggining of the episodes where it gets you in the mood of the office. my favorite is when ryan gets all the riddles before dwight explains it from intiation.

meanwhile which episode is the one where muchael calls dwight and jim nerds for knowing aquaman lives in the sea?

The Office 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ilovejimhalpert said…
i think take your daughter to work day? but im not sure.

anyways, my favorite opening is the one in "dwights speech" where it ends with michael about to chuck a football at pams face...classic michael.
over a year ago bealoser said…
The episode is Take Your Daughter to Work Day from Season two. I love that open! Especially when Jim and Dwight say, "That's batman," in unison. Looove it.

One of my favorites is the one for Branch Closing in S3 where Jim admits to sending Dwight faxes from himself, from the future. And then Dwight smacks the cup of coffee out of Stanley's hands. Stanley's face is PRICELESS.
over a year ago CelticPride said…
Here's a hint to my favorite opener.
"I am now chopping off Phyllis's head with a chainsaw!!!!....Vringinging."
There are so many good ones. Here's a list of my favs

Michael butchering the updog joke
Jim popping Dwight's orb
Michael being fooled into a pyramid scheme
Jim impersonating Dwight next week
Jim putting Dwight's stuff in a vending machine
Dwight suffering a concussion while saving Michael
over a year ago someguynamedjer said…
Yes, the best openers have to be popping of the "Orb", the Injury one, when the last thing Michael says is "don't send Dwight", or the dead goose, saving themselves a trip to the supermarket for a can of expensive Goose Grease.
over a year ago someguynamedjer said…
Edit: Or the best one, with Michael in the strait jacket and Jim slips the key under his shoe! hahaha
over a year ago Bionical said…
Altoid?
over a year ago agentScarn said…
i think this week (jim impersonating dwight) was the best
over a year ago feelingsinister said…
I agree with agentScarn :)
over a year ago brokenbrain said…
Jim impersonating Dwight is my absolute favorite. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica. LOL!
over a year ago marissa said…
the football one is laways great.
was jim "moving" the coatstand in a cold open? i think so. i always loved that one, classice jam :)
jim as dwight was great, but i think dwight as jim totally out shined it.

other then that....id have to think about it.

maybe the injury one?
("you burned *your foot* on a foreman grill?" "dont send dwight!!")