The Office Night Out Discussion

maybeastarbucks posted on Apr 25, 2008 at 01:33AM
This episode was much much better than the other two post-strike episodes.

My favorite parts included:
- Pam throwing a football at Meredith's head.
- Kevin waving his hand at the thought of Andy/Angela being a better couple than Jim and Pam.
- Dwight the lady's man!
- Dwight thinks Ryan's friend is a hobbit.
- Ryan calling DM Scranton his "favorite branch."

What did you think of this episode?
last edited on Apr 25, 2008 at 01:38AM

The Office 19 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago _lina_ said…
I really don't like how they're focusing the show on the characters' lives outside the office. It really cuts out the minor characters. But it was a good episode. I liked "Chair Model" better, though
over a year ago sammatthews2007 said…
Meh. My favorite stuff is usually intra-office interactions, and once again I feel robbed.
over a year ago 28spike28 said…
Ryan has a drug problem that is evident. he covered it up with say his friend "troy" did.
i can see that basketball chick and dwight hanging out more.
almost saw angela's belly.
micheal is to attatched to his mother.
ryan isnt quite the ladies man. dwight in fact knows how to work a room and actually get in one just by saying a few words to a random chick in-line. go dwight.
im looking forward to more.
oh almost forgot. toby, the hand on the knee was completely evident of his feelings. the reason he is leaving is he cant have pam. thats my guess. but pam will get post cards from toby, and weird gifts. micheals reaction will be easy to figure out, and i will be again dissapointed to see a great character go.
over a year ago str8girl said…
it was ok but i am missing the office... it is being left out of all the episodes. Common we need some office time. But all in all it was a good episode.
over a year ago jamfan4 said…
TOBY TOBY TOBY. I am going to kill TOBY. What he did was SOOO uncool!
When Andy asked the whole Andyla vs. JAM question, I put my hand on the floor.
THAT is how much I heart JAM. =]
over a year ago IndianKelly said…
Is it just me or is anyone else noticing Jim punking out on other men hitting on his girlfriend? I mean, he doesn't have to be a heathen about it, but come on! Toby's move called for some type of protective reaction. And why did Pam sit there like a victim? Maybe it is me...as much as I like Toby, he'd be typing out an incident report with a pencil between his teeth if he had misplaced his hand on my knee.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago _lina_ said…
I think it could be because Jim doesn't want to come off as a Roy type (the whole pepperspray incident). But you're right, he should have done something this time. Maybe he was just so shell-shocked he didn't know how to react?
over a year ago jamfan4 said…
I think that really is the reason why he didn't step in. Plus, I think he felt bad for Toby because he can be pathetic sometimes.
over a year ago 28spike28 said…
Come on jim was shocked as i was. i know toby has a thing for pam but hte leg move surprised me. and well everyone in the lobby of hte complex. toby over stepped his bounds. he knew it. next week will be interesting to see how everyone takes it all in.
over a year ago krazykray said…
I don't like Toby. I never did, even before this episode. But it was still really funny!

Yeah, Dwight! You are the man now, Dog!

Love Ryan!
over a year ago Kitzo said…
... Toby leaped that fence like it was nothing. I strongly suspect he has super powers. Must consult Dwight.
over a year ago iar said…
I like the office interaction better than the outside things...but, I'm like getting use to this side of The Office, and I'm starting to liking it, I think the season is getting better episode by episode.

When I saw the episode, I put the same face that Jim jaja, I couldn't believe it...and he didn't get of the hand...Now I remember it and I think is very funny...Also, I was especting a reaction from Jim, but he is not a man of violence, and, also he couldn't believe it that from Toby...
Toby jumping the bench was extremly funny!!
over a year ago agentScarn said…
I think the last two episodes resembled the UK version a lot. Last weeks blind date (which could have been done so much better)and this weeks trip to the club.

Hobbit references were the best part of this episode.

I hope toby doesn’t really leave.

also, just re-watched the episode, and caught this... Creed got the security guards name right...
over a year ago sprouseter16 said…
i actually didn't really like it.
i thought it was a bit week...

but, there were some very funny parts =]
over a year ago angeljayne said…
i think the outside office eps are too focus more on character development...specifically this time with Ryan and a more in depth personal side to him...it will be interesting to see where that storyline goes.....
I thought the ep had some great parts to it! the hobbit references, when toby jumped the fence, dwight and JAM mutiny! :-) lots of fun
over a year ago bigtuna33 said…
for some reason i just didnt like it, the characters have seemed to have changed, like for three season they've created Dwight as this character who I think would never make out with some chick in a club.....
over a year ago Ross266 said…
pams face was enuff, when toby put his hand on her knee, jim didnt need to do anything about it

over a year ago HouseOfficeFan7 said…
I loved when the workers got the picture of Dwight's face-sucking session.

They're all like "ugh!" and making grossed out faces and Andy sort of exhales, leans back and puts his hand behind his head.

that was hilarious
over a year ago petunia04 said…
I loved the episode - Dwight is back to being Dwight - loved his chit chat with the hobbit and what about Meredith getting smoked in the head with the football...priceless. There were a lot of great moments in this episode.