The Heroes of Olympus The Mark of Athena*

blackNblue posted on Oct 06, 2011 at 01:32PM
Title: The Mark of Athena

Rating: C, I guess, maybe T?

Main Characters: Percy, Jason, Annabeth, Reyna, Leo, Piper, Frank, Hazel

OC: Mac the Shark, Stephanie, more to come :)

Synopsis: People from Camp Half Blood had finally reached Camp Jupiter! What do you think will happen? Will they unite and fight with each other, or will they kill each other? Find out in The Mark of Athena* by blackNblue. :D

Disclaimer: I don't own PJO, HOO, All rights to Rick Riordan

A/N: Please comment! Thanks :D So guys, I have decided to write a fanfic about the third book in the heroes of Olympus. If you have not yet read the Son of Neptune, try not to read it because it will have lots of spoilers and stuff. So yeah. I don't own TLH, SON, this is all Rick Riordan's
last edited on Apr 11, 2012 at 11:38AM

The Heroes of Olympus 1397 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 1397

over a year ago blackNblue said…
Okay, so I'm gonna start posting tom, 'cause I got ton's of homework and stuff..
over a year ago thunderwolf233 said…
mischievous
first to post, here till the end
over a year ago katniss311 said…
i pre-ordered that book i should have it tomorrow so write quickly plz
mischievous
post soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago nicecatch42 said…
post soon!
ur first story was awesome so i cant wait for this
please read my fics
When Worlds Collide
The Rebel Association
bot r on populr content
over a year ago unknownquestion said…
^ what he said;)
wow thanks for advertising my forums unknownquestion lol
over a year ago green-art-ac-pj said…
can you please chagne the name of the title till the two week mark? to the third book? many havent read it including me
Chapter 1

Percy's POV

So we went to the outside to the Little Tiber, and sure enough, there was a huge Greek Warship. The Roman Warriors poised, ready to attack. I stayed on the front line with Hazel, Frank and Reyna.

At last, the ship landed. I wanted to get inside and find Annabeth, but that wouldn't be a very good idea, unless I wanna be a Percypie.

The door opened. Well, not exactly the door, but what do you call it? A blonde girl was the first one out. She had grey eyes and gods of olympus, she was beautiful, just as I remembered her.

"Percy!" I ran up to her and she hugged me tight. I didn't want to let her go, ever.

"Annabeth! I missed you.." I said.

She was kinda shocked. "You remember me?"

"Of course I do, wise girl!"

More people came out of boat. Last one out was Jason. The whole camp gasped.

"Uh," Jason said. "Hey guys."

They mobbed him and asked him a lot of questions and stuff like Where were you all this time? Are you okay? And stuff like that. So when they finally quieted down a little, Jason asked," So, um, guys, Who's your new praetor?"

Silence.

Really awkward silence.

Suddenly we heard a growl from a distance. A growl I recognized. The campers brought out their weapons, ready to attack.

"Stand down!" I yelled at them.

"Percy!" Anmabeth whispered. "That was a wolf's growl!"

"Just trust me."

Well, Perseus Jackson, It's been a while since I last took care of you

"Lupa," I said, as we all bowed down.

So the seven are already here. Praetors, She glanced at me and Reyna. Assemble at the Senate house, with all the senators and the Greeks. I want to know what happened while I was gone.

With that, she vanished.

"Who was that?" Annabeth said.

"That was Lupa, come on, we have to go."

And we were on our way to the Senate House.

last edited over a year ago
Awesome post
PEYNA FOR THE WIN
lol
post soon
over a year ago kgirl925 said…
you're copying the title of all my new fanfics!!! :0
oh well. nice chapter, try and make it a bit longer but it was great!
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
I like it
@kgirl925-oh gosh, I'm so sorry! I didn't know! I swear! :o

Well anyway,

Here's

Chapter 2

Annabeth's POV

Finally, I had my Percy back. But I still wanna slap Hera for taking him away without me knowing. After all the commotions, we were left alone.

"Percy, I missed you," I told him.

"I missed you too. It's so nice to see you again." He said. The he cupped my face and kissed me. I felt like I was melting in his arms.

We introduced ourselves and were on the way to the Senate House. As we walked, I kept admiring the Camp. It was so much like Camp Half-Blood, but yet still different.

"Oh guys," Leo suddenly said. "Do you know where Nico is? I haven't seen him since we left."

Percy, Hazel, Reyna and Frank stiffened. "Uh, guys? Is there something wrong?"

Hazel was the first to speak,"You know Nico di Angelo?"

"Yeah, he was the only child of Hades at camp after his sister died. Why?"

"We know him," Reyna said. "He told us he was an ambassador of Pluto."

"Wait," I said. "So that means he knew there was a roman camp?"

"Yeah," Percy said. "I met him here when I was still an amnesiac demigod. He was careful not to say anything that might trigger my memory."

"Well," Jason said. "Where is he?"

Silence. Percy and Hazel looked at the floor.

"Well?"

"Gaea kidnapped him to take revenge on Percy and me," Hazel said.

"WHAT?!" Almost all of us shouted.

"Look guys, we'll explain this later, Right now we have a senate meeting to go to, and Lupa won't appreciate it if we're late."

"Single Line please!" A statue said. "And no weapons!!"

"Terminus, how glad to see you.." Percy said.

"Perseus. I see you brought some of your friends. Just put your weapons on the tray Julia is holding."

"Hi Percy" The girl shyly said.

We dumped our weapons and went inside the Senate House. It looks like the Big House, yet very different.

We sat down. Reyna took the seat at the head of the table. Percy squeezed my hand and sat beside Reyna.

Lupa came and said I want to hear all that happened when I was not here. Let's start with Jason first.

Jason sighed and started telling what happened eight months ago.
Chapter 3

Jason’s POV

When Lupa asked me to tell them what happened to me during the last eight month, I just wanted to stay quiet. It is not easy to explain that a goddess kidnapped and brainwashed you and dumped into enemy territory.

“Well, I woke up on a bus, with a bunch of kids, and with Leo and Piper over here,” I gestured to them. “They acted like they remembered me, but it was only the mist acting on them. We were attacked by a venti, and we fell from a mountain.”

“Wait,” Dakota said. “You fell from a mountain?!”

“Yeah. It was luck when we survived. So Annabeth found us and took us to Camp Half Blood, a camp for greek demigods. Apparently, Hera gave her a clue to find a man with one shoe, which was me. So the greeks welcomed us there. We got a quest to save Hera. We found out Gaea was the who held Hera captive. Piper lulled her back to sleep and Hera got freed. She told us that Greeks and Romans need to unite in order to defeat Gaea“

Suddenly I saw a face, one I never wanted to see, ever again. Octavian spoke up, “Madame Lupa, do you really believe him? Greeks are weaklings. They are known for their art and literature. What good are they for Rome? Why unite with them now?”

There a lot of mummers around the table. I could tell some of the Octavian’s followers still do not trust Percy.

Octavian, if you call greeks weaklings, what do you call Percy here? He is the most powerful demigod alive at this moment. Lupa smirked.

Huh, that didn’t surprise me. After the stories Annabeth told me about him, he probably is the most powerful demigod.
There were a lot of shocked looks on their faces. I tried to keep a straight face. Octavian stammered, “Why? What did he do to earn your praise, Madame Lupa?”

Percy spoke up and he was turning red, “Yeah, Lupa, I’m not, you know, all that.”

Lupa laughed. If it was possible that wolves can laugh. Ever the modest, aren’t you?

She turned to Octavian and said Do you know his titles? Or haven’t you told them yet, Percy? Percy shook his head, no. Octavian, you are talking to Perseus Jackson, the one who singlehandedly defeated the Minotaur without any weapons, who retrieved Zeus’ master lightning bolt, Hades’ helm of darkness, and the Golden Fleece, who held up the sky, and the one who defeated Ares, Atlas, Kronos and Many more. And did I mention he turned down the offer of being a god? Lupa stopped, contented with the look on their faces. I gotta admit, It was priceless.

Percy was red, like he wanted to die from embarrassment. Lupa was smiling, but then she turned serious. Now Percy, what’s your side of the story?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Percy___Jackson said…
I personally, think the first POV should be Annabeth, then Percy, then Jason. But this is amazing.
lol nice chapter
Percy's titles..lol!
PEYNA FTW!
lollllllllll
POst sooooooon!
over a year ago Thepegasusrider said…
big smile
Nice PLEASE POST IT IS SO NICE!!!!!!
over a year ago happyfestus said…
big smile
NICE POST SOON PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSEEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­
amazing!!
AMAZING!!!post!plz plz plz
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
I love it
angry
I loved it more!!!
.okay, so here's the next chapter:

Chapter 4

Percy’s POV

Okay, talk about major embarrassment. I wanted to dig a hole and hide in it. Then the others, well the Romans, except Jason, were staring at me as if I sprouted another head.

“Well, Juno told me she let me sleep for almost eight months, so that my arrival to this camp would be perfect. So when I finally woke up, I was at the Wolf House. Lupa found me and trained me.
Finally, she told me to go south. I was being chased by Euryale and Stheno, who kept pestering me to eat her free samples.”

Almost everybody cracked a smile. I continued.

“So I was almost here, when an old, dirty, hippie bag lady asked me to carry her. She gave me a choice. To swim in the ocean, be free from the prophecy and live a long life, but the world will die or I could carry her to camp, lose my Achilles Curse, and make a sacrifice that I couldn’t make”

Everybody shut up and looked at me. Then Frank suddenly squeaked, “You have the curse of Achilles?”

“Yeah, at least I used to. The Tiber washed it away. It is a Greek Curse, It is not allowed here. So Mars issued us a quest and we went to the land beyond the gods.”

“Land beyond the gods?” Annabeth asked. “Alaska?”

“Uh-huh, so we retrieved the golden eagle, and stuff and we battled some giants and we won.”

I left out the stuff about the Gaea trying to drown me in a pool of mud, and the time I almost was hit again by Hyperborean breath and the time I almost died trying to make a bet with Phineas.

So I guess the seven of the prophecy are Jason, Leo, Piper, Percy, Frank and Hazel, and another Greek.

“Huh?” Reyna said. “Why more Greeks? No offense Percy.”

Child, I swore on the river Styx that I would not tell anyone until a person knows his real identity. So by the way, what about Nico di Angelo?

“Why? Where did the ambassador of Pluto go?” Octavian asked solemnly. You might he was concerned about Nico, but I knew better. He might look like a skinny, harmless little teenager, but his eyes were gleaming.

No need you to know. Lupa smirked. She turned to me. Go ahead Percy, you can rest now. I am sure the other Greeks in the ship are waiting for you. But beware Percy; sometime soon, you will learn something very disturbing. You are all dismissed. With that, she vanished.

I turned back to Annabeth, “There are more Greeks?”

“Yeah. We went out first to make sure its safe. Come on. They want to see you.” She answered.

Octavian and his followers were the first ones out. I looked at Frank and Hazel.

“What?” I said.

“Dude, nobody does that to Octavian. NO ONE.” Frank said.

“Yeah, I’m glad I’m not him,” Jason said.

“Come on, I want to meet my old friends, you coming?” I gestured to Hazel, Reyna, and Frank.

“Uh,” Hazel stammered. “I-I think I need some rest.”

“Yeah, It’s been a tough day, I mean week” Frank put his hand on her shoulder.

“Okay,” I said. “See you later.”
Chapter 5

Hazel’s POV

I could not stop looking at that Leo person. I mean, he really looked like Sammy. He looked freakily exactly like Sammy, his voice, his accents and the way he moves. It reminds me of him too much.

When I saw him in the scroll thingy, he used to warn us they were coming. I felt my heart was ripped into pieces. I thought I had gotten over him. Especially when I learned, he died without forgetting me.

I was relieved when Percy asked us if we wanted to go with them to the ship. I did not want to stay with Leo any longer. I also felt guilty. Here was Frank, trying to be sweet and supportive, but me, what am I doing? I am getting my feelings jumbled because of someone who I shared one kiss on the cheek and a cupcake seventy years ago.

When the Greeks left, I tried not to think of Sammy. After all, I could not risk a blackout, even though Ella had already told me that I would not have any more blackouts, I still cannot tell Frank about Sammy. I just couldn’t.

“Hazel,” Frank’s voice startled me out of my thoughts. “Are you okay?”

“Yes, I am,” I replied. “Just tired. Didn’t get a lot of sleep last night.”

A little boy, about nine years old, tapped Reyna on the back. He saluted and said, “Praetor, Queen Hylla of the Amazons is looking for you. She wants to talk to you at her quarters.”

“Okay,” Reyna said. “I’ll be there in just a moment.” The boy ran off, probably a messenger. She turned to us. “I’ll better go now. You guys go and relax. You can take the day off.” She hurried off.

“Come on,” I said to Frank. “Let’s go to my favorite view.”

The seven hills of New Rome have always made me speechless even though I already saw them many times. But my favorite was the Palatine Hill, where Romulus and Remus have founded Rome.

According to Lupa, Romulus had accidentally killed Remus in a battle. Remus was jealous of his brother because the gods favored him more.

I always thought that if that marked the beginning of Rome, that will always happen in the next generations of Rome. Violence, Killings, People betraying one another.

I shook my head. I don’t even want to think about the prophecy. I just want to be a normal teenager, but no, all I got was being a demigod.

I didn’t realized that Frank was shaking my shoulder gently, “Hazel, I might be a stupid son of Mars, but I know something is wrong. You can tell me if you want to.”

I couldn’t look into his eyes.

He started to look embarrassed and said, “If you don’t want to tell me, it’s okay. I just thought that you might want to let it out and-.” He stopped and looked at the ground.

“No, it’s okay.” If I can’t tell him, then who else? He’s like my best friend. But I got cold feet and just said, “ I’m just scared. Scared of being one of the seven in the prophecy. I just want to correct my mistakes. I don’t want to be back at the fields of Asphodel, regretting my mistakes for all eternity, again.” I just can’t bring out the subject about Sammy.

“Don’t worry Hazel,” He said. “I’ll always protect you.”

With those simple words, I did the things I’ve been avoiding to do. I hugged him and cried.
that was so...sad but amazing!i hope you post soon:)
awesome
Hammy!
lol that means Sammy instead of Frank
i dunno Frank needs to workout or something
lol
POST SOON!
I think in the actual book its going to be frank and hazel but i sorta like Leo better but whatever you choose idk
surprise
speachless
Chapter 6

Leo’s POV

So I finally meet the great Percy Jackson. Sure enough, Annabeth was, literally, glowing. I mean her stormy grey eyes now looked like the storm had finally ceased. She never let go of his hand.

I glanced at Jason, he seemed guilty about something, because while he was talking to Piper, he couldn’t look straight in her eyes. Must’ve had something to do with that Praetor girl. What was her name? Oh yeah Reyna. I could see the way they looked at each other, as if they were, with quotation marks please, “Romantically Involved”.

As we neared the ship, I glanced at Clarisse. She seemed to be awfully quiet, but when she caught me looking at her, she gave me a glare that said, I kill you for looking at me, punk!

I looked back at Percy and Annabeth. Then I noticed that Percy was wearing a purple bedsheet that looked like it was twisted around him.

I called to Percy and said, “Hey Percy, why are you wearing a bed sheet?”

He looked down, and the tension broke out. Everybody started laughing .

“That’s a toga idiot,” Jason said between laughs. “I remember the time I had to wear that, I looked like an idiot.”

Percy took the toga off, luckily he was wearing the purple shirt, pants and shoes.

He muttered something like, Lupa will probably kill me if I get this thing dirty

I opened the door and said, “Percy, welcome to Argo II”

As Percy stepped in, Percy got mobbed by Rachel, Thalia and
Grover.

“Percy! I’m so glad you’re safe!”

“You made us all worried, Seaweed Brain!”

“Perrrrrr-cy! Do you have some tin cans?”

Percy laughed and hugged them all. I studied him carefully. At first, you wouldn’t think that he was the hero of Olympus. He just looked like a regular teenager. But if you look at him closely, he has this awesome aura that says, Make me angry, and I’ll kick your butt.

I walked back to my bunk and slumped. I thought about the other girl with Frank. I think Hazel was her name. She looked at me like
I came from the underworld and back. Bad pun, huh? Suddenly, I got tired and unfortunately, dreams found me.

I was in a place where the smell of earth was really strong. I heard a step behind my back, I turned. Gaea.

“Dirt Lady,” I splatted her name.

Not a very nice name for the Mother of the Earth

“Yeah, well, why do you care?”

I’m here because I still want you to join me, Leo Valdez

“You know very well that’s not gonna happen”

In saying that, you just picked the losing side. Percy Jackson is my very important and valuable pawn. Soon, he shall make a choice he can’t make, which will decide the fate of the world. Well then, good night, Leo

She disappeared and no more dreams found me.
over a year ago pjlover447 said…
cool post soon
awesommmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
postttttttttt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!
angelic
That was great...do you mind changing the name...it's exactly the same as mine I keep getting confused...I started mine earlier :) maybe The Mark of Athena* I'm not sure....please?
over a year ago Reyna_Praetor12 said…
heart
Post please
well thats forboding
^ how? I didn't say he/she has to, I just asked if that could be possible. I just keep clicking on the wrong one.
@blacknblue, when are you posting?
@kgirl925, now that you've mentioned it, it is kinda confusing. Btw, I'm a girl.

Chapter 7

Piper’s POV

Girlfriend. I can’t believe Jason has a girlfriend. Being a daughter of Aphrodite, I can sense these things. I could just tell by the way she looks at her.

Earlier, I asked him about her, and he said, “Yes, No, I don’t know...” Then he looked at her with sympathy that said sorry .

Ouch. I wanted to punch him, but a voice at the back of my mind said, It’s not his fault he lost his memories.
The voice, that sounded suspiciously like my mom, was right. Sadly, I had to let go of him.

Oh well, never mind then.

I envy Annabeth. She had a faithful boyfriend. Even without his memories, He was still loyal to her. Sigh. Am I being too mushy and stuff?

Rachel saw me in the corner, went over and said, “Hey, Piper, you okay?”

“Yeah I am.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

But inside, I knew I wasn’t. A bell sounded from afar.

“What does that mean?” Grover asked.

“It means,” Jason said. “It’s time for lunch.”

“Lunch? Well come on then,” Grover was the first one out.

And off we went to lunch. The mess hall was pretty much like Camp Half Blood’s but her, the nymphs were bustling around, placing foods in the our tables. They seemed to know what each person wants.

Hazel and Frank were already there. As we went to their table, they smiled. “Hey.”

A satyr, wearing baggy clothes and looked like he got run by a bus came to us and said, “Do you have a denarii?”

“Please,” Hazel said. “Go away Don.”

“But, Hazel,” Don the Satyr said. “Please. Just a denarii, Oh
look! A diamond!”

As he reached out, Frank and Percy let out a chorus of NO! , grabbed the satyr away from the diamond and Hazel reached it out and put it into her pocket.

“Don,” she said. “Just go away, please.”

The three of them both panted like they just saved Don from being hit by a train.

“Okay fine,” He grumbled and turned to Percy. “Can I at least have your cheeseburger?”

“Fine.” He gave him the burger and one of the nymphs handed him another. I could swear I saw her blushing when she gave him the burger.

Annabeth raised her eyebrows, “Can you please tell me what that was all about?”

The three of them said, “Nothing.”

Grover finally recovered from his shock and said, “Um, Percy? What’s up with that satyr? I mean faun. He looks like a beggar.”

“Um, Grover, actually…he is one.”

“W-w-hat?”

“Yeah, apparently, fauns here are free spirits. They don’t have
jobs and well….”

“That is horrible. I’m glad I’m a satyr, not a faun. But we have to do something about that.”

“Yeah well, you are lucky. Come, we have to train for the upcoming quest. You go ahead, Grover, Rachel, you can find Tyson and Mrs. O’Leary in the stables.”

Great. Training.
over a year ago pjlover447 said…
amazing chapter post soon plz
over a year ago percabethX2 said…
big smile
AMAZINGOSITY!!!!!!!
please post soon, you are a skilled writer!!!
awesome post!
POST SOOOOON!
over a year ago fallen_heros said…
awesome post soon!!!
over a year ago fishhea6 said…
laugh
It's AMAZING please post soon
surprise
its just so cool
over a year ago Nemisis said…
this is awsome post soon
over a year ago greekgirl511 said…
Plz post!!!!!!!!!! I love ur story!!!!! :)
Great chapter now I won't be able to comment that often but I'll try to read it:)
over a year ago saffroney said…
smile
i thourt don was vegitarian and just wanted to eat plates ? oh well. it's still really gud and funny!
Nope he eats meat^
over a year ago ashlea_kammler said…
big smile
i love chapter 3! It was like a boss :) please post soon :)
over a year ago FrankyFuqya12 said…
AWSOME
big smile
.haha thanks :)

.So I'm gonna be super busy these past few weeks but I'll find time to post:)

So here's

Chapter 8

Percy’s POV

So Hera finally gave back my memories, but I still can’t remember some other stuff from my childhood.. Hmm, maybe in time, I get them back.

Rachel and Grover went to stay with Tyson, Mrs. O’Leary and Ella. I remembered how Ella had looked at Tyson during Breakfast a while ago. Huh, A harpy likes my Cyclops brother. Do you how weird is that? I’m like related to mermaids,-um sorry, mermen -, Cyclops, and even Horses! I am just so relieved that Frank is a relative. Even though I’m his thousand time great uncle , He’s the only relative I have in my godly side that’s human.

Okay so while we were walking to the field of Mars, everything just suddenly stopped. Literally stopped. It was like time stood still. Even Jason, that kid Leo, Piper, Annabeth, and Clarisse, well almost every person was frozen. I saw an elderly woman who looked like she would fall asleep any minute now , standing almost five feet away from me. She spoke inside my mind.

Well, Percy, It’s been a long time since we’ve talked.

I pulled out Riptide and growled, “Gaea.”

Really Percy, is that how you respect Mother Earth? The mother of all titans?

“Look lady, What do you want? And what did you do to this people?”

Oh stop worrying, Percy. I just stopped time for us to talk my valuable pawn. Do you know that you’re the key to the fate of the world?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yes, a lot of people already told me that.”

<i> Then join me, Percy! Together we can change the world! All I ever wanted was to teach mortals to care for the earth! Look at me Perseus. I was once a beautiful goddess, dressed in my splendid clothes, but now! The mortals are slowly tearing me apart!

“Oh you can’t fool me, Lady,” I said. “You want to take revenge for what the gods did to you! I mean they put you to sleep for centuries, right?”

Perseus! She sounded truly offended. Do you think a dear old lady would do that?

“Actually, I can.” I started to tell how many times I almost got killed by her. “You tried to kill me by drowning me in the mud. You sent those…those Canadians after Frank. You controlled Hazel’s mother and forced her to build that giant! Now do you expect me to believe you?”

I pulled out me sword and went near her and pointed the tip of my blade at her throat.

Oh, you wouldn’t, Perseus.

“Oh yes I would. “ I ran my blade at her neck. Golden Inchor spilled from her neck. I can feel the ground tensed, and she did something unexpected.

She opened her eyes. It seemed to be changing from red, to brown, to green then blue. She swatted my sword away from her.

If you won’t join me, Perseus, then I’ll just kill you instead. Good Bye, Perseus Jackson

She smiled, and changed into her true form. I saw something horrible. I can’t feel anything except pain. It’s like being dumped in to river Styx again, but only, about a bazillion times hotter. Red splotches danced in front of my eyes, and darkness closed the scene.