The Heroes of Olympus A hero's story

Grrrrr posted on Jul 18, 2011 at 03:56PM
This is my story of adventures in Camp Half-Blood. You will learn the cast as I write the story. I hope you like it :) .

The Heroes of Olympus 45 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Grrrrr said…
ok, I will post later
over a year ago athena305 said…
Can't wait!
Okay, Chapter 1:

''Your homework assignment is to read chapters two and six and then do a 300 word essay explaining what the chapters were about.'' My teacher Mrs. Rosen was strict and evil. She was about five two, big boned, had frown marks, and short grey hair. For sixty -two you would except nice and kind but then again for a teacher you would not. She seemed to hate her job and everybody that made her work ; including the principal and all of us student. I am suposedly an idiot which is why Mrs. Rosen hates me so much. There is some truth to that, I usually don’t study and I fail tests and get D’s in every class. At least I’m good at gym and very active.
''Now you should have loads of verbs, noun, adjectives, and adverbs.'' Mrs. Rosen turned around and snapped a ruler on my desk. '' Now Aqua Daniels how many words do you have to write?''

''Um I don't know.'' I said.

''Well that's a detention for a week for not paying attention, St. Kamberns is a school for hard to teach children not impossible to teach children.''

''But Mr. Rosen...'' The whole class started laughing and I clapped my hand over my mouth, I just called my woman teacher a Mister.

''EXCUSE ME!'' Mrs. Rosen yelled.

''Excuse you and like I saying....'' By now my voice was drown out by everybody’s laughter.

''TRIPLE DETENTION!''

''But Mrs. Rosen...''

''I SUGGEST YOU STOP TALKING MS. DANIELS BEFORE YOU FIND YOURSELF IN FURTHER TROUBLE!''

''LISTEN MRS. ROSEN IT WAS JUST A SLIP OF THE TONGUE !'' At this point I had forgotten that she was my ''superior'' and just exploded with anger.

''PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE NOW!'' she hissed.

''BUT MRS...''

''GO!''

''BUT''

''NOW!''

''PLEASE LISTE....''

''DO NOT MAKE ME TELL YOU AGAIN!''

''Fine.'' I just gave up.

''GO!'' she screeched pointing at the door. I walked on the smooth pavement just waiting until I heard my principal. ''Ms. Daniels what a pleasant surprise.'' he would say sarcastically. ''Why are you here?'' he would ask while I was to busy staring at his thin leather jacket and his balding head of thirty years of hair that he didn't want to let go of. I stopped. I was near the exit of the school. ''I don't need this.'' I thought. ''I put enough of my life into school and I don't need people who wont be patient with me.'' It was a split second decision, ditch or not. ''Ditch.'' I said firmly as I ran out of the gates.

last edited over a year ago
hope you like it!
That's a really good start!
over a year ago Artemis037 said…
Good chapter! Aqua is different for a name :)
over a year ago green-art-ac-pj said…
awesome!! u hav a fanfic on here? kewl! keep writing
thank you EVERYBODY!!!!! love ze comments
chapter 2:

My house isn’t far from the school so I decided to run home. I was suddenly calmed at the appearance of my one story house with a big lawn and the soothing blue paint that was chipping on the house. I took my house key out of my pocket and unlocked the door. My dad got off of work at 5:10. I should explain, my dad told me that my mom died when I was 5 years old and we had no pictures of her. He told me she was amazing and very pretty and smart. Every time he said that it made me feel like I wasn’t as good as my mom intellectually. My dad was home and I knew I had to ''come home'' in sometime after my dad. I had three hours to spend so I spent the time watching TV and eating the forbidden ice cream. I wasn't a bad kid I just had trouble with the rules. About three hours later I heard a car door slam shut. My dad was home. He knew I got out of school at 5:10 and walked home at 5:15. In a hurry I turned off the TV, threw the ice cream into the back yard, and hopped out the back door. When it was time I would go through the side yard , out into the front yard, and in the front door where dinner would be waiting. I waited 15 minutes in the back yard then I gradually used the plan. I was in the side yard, front yard, front door, home at last!

'' How was school?'' I heard my father's voice ask from the kitchen.

''Fine.'' I lied. I walked through the house up to the couches and took a seat.

''Have you seen my ice cream?'' I heard his from the voice ask .

''No.''

''That's weird I could have sworn it was still here yesterday.''
I heard him mumble. ''Dinners ready!'' was the next thing I heard my father holler. I checked my watch, wow time went by. As I was just about to bite into my juicy chicken I heard my dad's phone ring.

''Um I need to be excused.'' I said nervously as I darted to my room upstairs. Out of all of the times for my school now was the moment they had to call.

''SHE DID WHAT?!'' I heard my father yell shortly after his phone rang. '' UH HUH.'' ''YES THANK YOU!'' I heard my dad's voice yell. ''Aqua !" he roared.

''What?'' I asked trying to delay my fathers angriness.

''YOU SKIPPED SCHOOL ?!'' He yelled from downstairs. I hard my Dad stomp up the stairs angrily.

''I know that.'' I said casually.

''YOU BETTER OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!'' my father screeched. The worst that could happen is he could make me talk about it and apologize and he would lecture me, wait, that's practically torture so I thought of the first way out of there.
over a year ago OsnapitzJJ said…
Pretty cool!
thank you :)
laugh
Haha, very nice! Jeez, her mom could be Eris haha, she just seems like a trouble maker :)

post soon!
thank you! :))))
Really good!
chapter 3:

The window. That was my one option out of here. I quickly opened the window and punched out the screen. I had to go fast, my father would find a way to get through the locked door and realize I was gone. I climbed out of the window in to the back yard and hopped the fence. I lived in Portland, Oregon and the streets were never empty. I ran down back-way streets and cut across yards until I came to Pinama Way, which was almost like Times Square. I reduced myself to walking on one of the entrances of the actual square with all of the good restaurants. I looked up at a humungous building, towering way above others, when I saw a man on the roof. He spread out his arms like a bird and he jumped! I watched him come down and then, he just, disappeared. I moved my head to see where he went, when I felt a furry hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw something I thought I would never see, a giant eagle like bird head, with bear like legs, a torso with black feathers in some places and pink skin in the other and orangutan like hands that had sharp claws. '' BWAKKKKK.'' it screeched.

''Ah!'' I yelled in surprise. Could anyone else see this thing? ''HELP!'' I yelled. Everybody stared at me like I was crazy. One huge with a thin mustache and greasy hair ran over to me.

''What's the matter kid?'' his huge grizzly voice said to me.

''LOOK!'' I yelled pointing at the creature.

''What's wrong with you kid?'' he asked as he put his hand out in front of him almost touching the animal.

''Listen kid maybe you should see a doctor.'' he said over his shoulder as he walked away. For the whole time that guy was with me the creature stood still and glared at me. I could barely see it now because its feathers were blending in with the cool black night air. It grabbed something that resembled a huge yellow bag ,swiped me across the face once with its sharp claws , and then I felt it throw me into the cool bag. I was tired and could feel the cold blood dripping down my face. The next few hours were a blur.
Nice one.
surprise
Scary, but good!
how is it scary?
smirk
She gets put in a bag by a Griffin, if it is a Griffin... And there is blood dripping down her face, idk sounds scary
Niceyyy!:D
sanz you everybody, new chapter time!!!!
Chapter 3:

The blood on my face was dried after a few hours. After about six hours I came to a sudden realization, my dad was miles away and I was in the arms of a monster that would probably eat me.

''HELP!''I yelled. I was kicking the bag when we finally stopped. I fell to the ground. "OW!" I shouted, runnning my back. 'This is it he's going to kill me.' I thought . I waited for the bag to open, for the thing to kill me,and then I heard BWAAKKKKK. The bag opened. ''I'm free!''I yelled and then I stopped dead in my tracks. A girl who looked about my age, was staring at me with a sword in her hand.

'What was that?'' I asked cautiously, and suddenly out of breath.

''An Emisth, part bear and eagle.''

''And who are you?'' I asked.

''Skyler.'' She was about as tall as me and had the same color blue-grey eyes , but the simalarities ended there. She had long brown hair apoose to my blonde hair that had tips to my shoulder and got shorter as it got closer to the back of my head. She wasn't skinny, she was a healthy weight, normal.

''How old are you?'' I was starting to feel more comfortable around her. Now that she dropped her sword, she seemed harmless to humans.

''Twelve.'' she said like she was in pain.

''What am I?'' I blurted out. I didn't think of what that meant, I was just wondering why I could see that Emisth and nobody else could except for Skyler.

‘’ A demi-god.'' she said.

''Come again.''

''A demi-god. One parent is a Greek god and the other a human.'' she whispered.

''My mom is dead.'' I said quietly.

''No she's not your dad said that to hide the fact that she's a god.'' I felt hurt and stunned. '''Well we should get out of here before they smell blood.'' Skyler said as she pointed at the dried blood on my cheek.

'' Skyler when I got attacked by the Emisth I couldn’t feel or remember what happened.'' I said. By this point I hadn't even warmed up to the thought I was a demi-whatever. I thought it was a giant joke.

''Yeah that’s because they inject something almost like a combination of anesthesia and amnesia that stays for about five hours when they cut you. So anyway what about you?'' she asked me trying to get me out of shock that I was a demi-god.

''Huh?''

''Well I mean what's your story?''

''Um my name is Aqua Daniels and I've lived peacefully with my dad for twelve years and I always thought my mom died in a car wreck. I went to St. Kamberns school for hard to teach children.'' I winced at the thought of how all of this happened to me. ''And what about you?'' I asked finally starting to warm up to the fact that I was a demi-god.

''My mom is Medusa.'' Skyler said silently.
surprise
Whoa! Medusa has kids?!
hahahahah, well that's all in the next chapter :)
WOAHHH!
big smile
hahahhahahh,
Wow. Amazing.
thanks!!!
Chapter 4:

''How would that work if she had snakes on her head and stuff, how could your dad like her?'' I asked pressing on about the painful subject.

''When a mortal falls in love with medusa she turns into a regular woman and that's what happened in my father's case. He was walking down the street whistling when he saw Medusa, he gazed at her and when she saw him she fell in love with the only person that had ever loved her in her monster form. If my father would have seen what she really was then he would not have fallen in love with her, you see the human brain cannot see monsters as their true form because their brains can't comprehend it, so they either see nothing or they see something beautiful. But anyway my father had fallen in love with her and they got married. She had never revealed her true identity in fear he would not love her anymore and she would be a monster again. Over the years he had noticed things but none of that mattered to him when I was born. My father loved me and spent time with me and when he wasn't looking Medusa was cruel and evil to me but I could not tell for she said that if I did she would do something worse then kill me. One day Medusa had said something to me and my father had finally heard. This made his love quaver and just that one thought and feeling had been enough to break the false identity. This made Medusa mad so she thought of one way to get rid of the child who had made the only man ever to love her stop loving her, she was still Medusa so she thought of the way she had been doing it for years, to make me into a statue. I was standing there ten years old when Medusa’s eyes turned silver and before I could see what happened my father jumped in front of me and quickly became a statue. In a hurry I ran out of the house and was on my own for about two hours when I saw something shiny in the sand and realized it was a sword, so with that sword I fought monsters for two years having other public demi-gods show me where to get free food.'' During the story I noticed Skyler called her mom Medusa which showed me she had absolutely no respect for her, I couldn't blame her.

''Who's my mom?'' I didn't think she would have the answer but it was worth a shot.

''I don't know we'll have to see you fight.'' she said. We started walking when I heard a noise and then as if planned the sun disappeared.
short chapter
smile
That's okay if it's short :) I'm just glad that you are posting

Well now that makes sense, but I still feel like "Medusa has kids?!", I mean a kid...

Cliffhanger!
:) yeah, I wish it was longer
over a year ago Athena_girl11 said…
big smile
That was grat. Love it:)
Chapter 5:

''BWAKKKKK!'' the Emisth appeared out of nowhere.

''Aqua !'' Skyler shouted over the noise as she gave me her sword. ''YOU FIGHT IT, IF IT GETS TO BAD I'LL JUMP IN!'' She yelled over the tornado sounding noise. The Emisth was in the air circling me. As if out of no where all of these plans came into my head.

My brain started racing, plans flooded my brain. The Emisth was starting to swoop around me and I saw an opportunity, it was going in a one way circle so I went the other way. In a frenzy of squawking I hopped onto it's back which was easy because it was coming down to nip me. The noise almost blew my ear drums out but I could still here the faint sounds of Skyler shouting my name. It was dark in that circle. I thought fast and ran onto it's neck. It was hard because it realized I was on its neck. I raised the sword and then cut it's head clean off. It was bright again and as I studied the ten foot big bird. I heard a cheer in the back round. Skyler ran toward me.

''Athena.'' she said casually.

''What?'' I asked as we walked away.

''You're obviously Athena's daughter.''

''Why- how do you know that?'' I asked.

You thought of plans right before the Emisth came down to attack you?''

''Yes.''

''And the way you fought was brilliant.''

''So.'' I said in a curious tone.

'' Athena is the goddess of war craft and wisdom.'' She said.

''Oh .....wow.'' I was shocked.

''We should find you a sword.'' Skyler said. We walked for hours and hours, and finally entered a city. Skyler pointed to a boy not a day older then us with short blond hair and mud brown eyes. ''He's a demi-god too.'' Skyler said.

'' Who is he?'' How did Skyler know who he was a demi-god too? We walked over to him and he automatically pulled out his sword.

''Who are you?'' He asked raising the sword every second.

''Skyler Blanca and Aqua Daniels.’’ Skyler said clutching her sword. ''Chris Vector, how may I help you two ?'' he asked slowly dropping his sword.

''Well I saw you and I can tell you're on the run too and I was wondering if you had a spare sword...'' I heard a loud thud and looked behind me. An animal that must have been taller than all three of us combined had jumped right behind us. It had a human head with a pig like snout with elfish ears and the body of a horse.

''Aqua !'' Chris yelled as he threw me a bronze sword with the letter L.S carved in it.

Thoughts blooded my brain again. ''CHRIS GET TO IT'S BACK!SKYLER GET TO IT'S RIGHT SIDE!'' I screamed. Skyler ran to his right side. I pulled out the bronze sword. I ran to the front of the monsters head, made a chopping motion blindly and it's head came right off. I looked over and Chris was lying on the ground spitting blood out from his mouth. Skyler and I ran over to Chris and stayed right next to him. ''Zeus.'' he croaked. ''Zeus.'' he said more impatiently when we didn't answer.

'Zeus right.'' Skyler said as she pulled out a jar held it in the air and brought it to Chris's lips. He stopped spitting blood and his knee popped itself back in.

“Athena.'' Chris said looking at me.

''Huh?''

''You're Athena's daughter.''

''That had already been established.'' I said sourly .

''What happened?'' I asked trying to avoid any other talk about my mom not really beeping dead and being lied to for twelve years.

''Bucked me from rear and got my knee dislocated.'' Chris said as he stood up.

''I mean how did you heal so quickly?''

''Oh I'm Zeus's son and when I need to be brought back to health I just drink air that he had been in.

“What was that thing?'' I was out of breath so I was panting my words. ''A centaur, some are good but most are evil.’Skyler was out of breath and panting as well.

''But in the books centaurs are good guys like Chiron.'' I always thought it was the other way around.

''Chiron was one good centaur the Olympians had to test him for years trying to see if he was good or bad, I've never met him but I've heard some nice things about him.''

''Oh yeah here's you're sword.'' I thrust the sword into Chris's arms.

''Keep it.''

''Why?'' I asked.

''This is a spare sword , it's name is Glycon, when you don't use it turns into a bouncy ball type thing and when you need it just yell Glycon.''

''What's yours named?'' Skyler asked.

''My sword is named Warwall and judging by the looks of your sword its name is Benhallow.''

''How do you know so much about swords?'' I asked while feeling Glycon. Chris smiled a little.

''I visited my father in Olympus when I ten and my father had many swords so I was going to try to impress him so I've read books and found out a little about swords.'' Chris's smile widened and was now up to beaming.

‘’Where are we?'' I asked.
over a year ago Athena_girl11 said…
Great story loved it. Post soon!!!!!!!! I read really fast right.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago cro0010 said…
heart
Great story, I also don't mind if they're short chapters.
Loved it!
Thank you!!!! Everybody, I love le comments :)
I will post tommorow :)
Stupendous! Sorry, trying to find new words to describe awesome chapters :)

Can't wait until tomorrow!
over a year ago Percy2 said…
Please post soon
over a year ago pjlover212051 said…
plz plz plz read my first fanfic
link