The Heroes of Olympus Son of Neptune (the real book) GUESSES

losthero5 posted on Jun 25, 2011 at 04:10AM
I think we all know what the idea of this forum post is. Now that the first chapter is out, its a whole new cycle! So, what do we think?

The Heroes of Olympus 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago losthero5 said…
hmmm
Like how could he get rid of his Styx curse?
over a year ago AmazingPercy said…
smile
What's with the eagle?
What about the Greek buildings in the back?
If he went on a quest, where's the other people?

To answer your question after I read the second preview he choose either to carry June to camp give up the curse and have a chance to meet his friends or escape to the water and a painful future.

That'a what it says on Wiki so it might not be all true but I thought that if he brings June to camp he will lose his spot so that might be true. SSSSsssssssccccccccaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrryyy
over a year ago athena305 said…
The eagle might be an important weapon that is necessary to...I don't know! The buildings? All I can tell you is that they're being destroyed. And if he went on a quest, well maybe there was something that he had to do on the quest, something only a child of Neptune/Poseidon could do, so no one else could come.

My question is one that really can't be answered: Who the Hades is Frank?
big smile
frank the evil hot dog man! and i mean like the process on how it will be taken off. dip in the styx again?
over a year ago LeoValdez said…
monkey
if he forgets annabeth the curse means nothing, annabeth was his tether to the real world so forgetting her would A: kill him or B: remove the curse or C: rip out his soul and he would be a soulless zombie thing so ya..... and the eagle was a roman symbol of power and of zeus and the buildings were from the time rome was most influenced by greek culture and same with the eagle....... history channel nerd sorry...... o and that eagle was probably the first one and made of imperial gold..... meaning power of zeus and power of rome..... just saying

........ the quest is to get the symbol of rome's power back to earn the trust of the roman demigods and lupa
last edited over a year ago
smile
So I was reading the BotL yesterday and there's this one part in the book.
Chris R is going crazy and Clarissie is there. Percy is sneaking around. Chris screams about a girl named Mary(could be anyone) and then he says,"that son of poseidon or the sea (not sure don't have the book handy)and then Percy says later"and I don't think I was the one he was talking about."

That means maybe when Chris was in the maze he met roman demigods-Mary and a son of the sea/poseidon

Any thoughts?
It's really creepy if it's true
over a year ago jasonsuckseggs said…
i think/hoping percy would gt a new girlfriend more drama bt percabeth foruth book
laugh
@amazing percy: he meant that guy in the labyrinth
over a year ago sweetieme3 said…
yeah, it was that Antares dude or whatever. Percy killed him when he got the giant off the ground in the labyrinth, remember?
over a year ago LeoValdez said…
big smile
yup yup
But who's May?
over a year ago Asmadasahater said…
Hecate has wrote some very interesing thoughts on what the next book will be like.
Percy, Hazel, and Frank are the main charaters.
The eagle-whatever is Zeus/Jupiter and Percy has to go find it.
(A little to much like the lightning thief)
The guy on the cover has a scar(wink, wink)
The girl(read above) is one of the people who joined Luke's side and maybe one of the seven(wink,wink again)
since we know of six out of the seven needed.
So, now Annabeth, Mary, or any camper(greek or Roman) could be the last of the seven.
Percy loses his curse.
We all, probably, know that he loses it and he loses by, probably, giving it to save one of his friends(talk about loyal).
June could be Juno. She was the one to switch Jason and Percy( thats not going to make people like her more)and confuse a bunch of demigods.
The only thing that we(fans) can be sure is that Riordan is to surpise us with being as obvious and simple as possible.
Thank you for reading,
and good day.
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
Percy can't lose the curse because he forgot Annabeth because he still remembers her! Remember, that's what the nationwide squeels were about?

Anyways; the eagle is what is called an Aquila. (I'll post an article going deeper in son)

I think that Percy could probably give the curse to somebody. Hey, is it possible to wear out a curse of Achilles? Probably not...

I also think that Gorgon blood will come up. So in the end; we could have something like...

Percy panicked as Hazel stopped twitching. She was lying perfectly still now and that couldn't be good. Percy looked at the vials in his hands. One of them was labeled 'right', another 'left'. The problem was, they were labelled in Latin; and whatever Latin Percy had once known or catched on at Camp had disapeered. The blood from the left side would kill Hazel in slow and painful ways (which Percy wasn't keen about), and the right side's blood would miraculously save her life.
No pressure.
He stared from bottle to bottle. He had to test it, so he uncapped one, and took a gulp figuring 'what the heck, we're probably all going to die anyways'.
His whole body suddenly started prickling, like it was waking up after a long time of being shut off. Then, he realised how uncomfortale the ground was; the rocks were sharp, he could feel them digging into his knees.
Digging into his knees? Wait a second...

"If I go to camp, will I get my memory back?"
"Eventually," June said. "But be warned, you'll sacrifice much, you'll lose the mark of Achilles, and you'll feel pain, misery, and loss beyond anything you've ever known.
This was it... Which meant that he had taken a sip from the left side's blood and the right side...
He unstoppered it and openned Hazel's lips, tricking the Gorgon blood inside her mouth. Nothing happened. Okay, he had to put all of it... He put it all in and Hazel coughed and sprang back up.
"By the gods- what is that? That's an insult to Camp's bad food!" She said. And she was back...
"Percy watch out!" She said. He turned around and a gorgon swooped down on him and got him right in the cheek. He fell back. Hazel drew her sword and slashed at it. It backed off, but Percy had a better idea.
He grabbed the vial with the bad blood, with the stuff he hadn't drank, and threw it at the cackling gorgon. It went right inside her mouth and she dropped out of the sky with a fall that could already have been pretty bad, and started coughing and shrivelling up.
"Stheno!" Euryale yelled. Frank got her.
"Hazel you're okay!"
"Percy fixed me- whoa what happened to your cheek?" Hazel asked. Percy touched it, already knowing there was blood.
"No time- she took the Aquila and went that way, we've got to go!"

Or not at all (thanks for reading!)...
over a year ago athena305 said…
That could very well be true. The Gorgon blood is definitely significant, otherwise it wouldn't have been mentioned.

Not that I don't trust your research (it's always proven correct), but where did you find out about the Aquila?
hmmm
I wonder if the camp will be under ground. camp Jupiter, i mean.
big smile
:D new thoughts now that RR read chapter 2????
over a year ago unknownquestion said…
well obviously he lives or what else would the book be about i thought at first that the story would be about slowing down the armies that were heading south to someplace i dont remember but when i saw the cover i got a little confused and most likely the guards are frank and hazel frank is problably a son of mars and hazel a daughter of minerva just a guess