Supernatural Fans Help Haiti!!

PopTweetsJunky posted on Mar 13, 2011 at 09:07PM
Hello friends,

With all that has happened in Japan and around the world over the weekend, I was reminded of the devastating earthquake which hit Haiti in January 2010. In the quake’s immediate aftermath, pictures of Haiti (its people, the wreckage and the world’s relief efforts) became front-page news everywhere. Donation boxes were set up. Telethons were held. And all-star charity tunes were recorded. I'm sure that many of my fellow SUPERNATURAL fans stepped up & contributed as well.

But when the newspapers stop running the story, and another disaster occurs, people tend to forget that the victims are still struggling to rebuild.

In June 2011, MISHA COLLINS & MATT COHEN, along with the Random Acts team (TheRandomActs.org) will take a group of 40 people to Jacmel, Haiti to help build a refuge for some of Haiti’s hungry and homeless children. These volunteers will help to build a green, multipurpose community center that will feed and house some of Haiti’s hungry and homeless children, provide a space for the children to be educated, and serve as a microlending centre for the community. They will also construct a sustainable fish farm that will provide a reliable source of protein for the children living in the community center.

I would LOVE to be one of these volunteers, but the Random Acts team is only able to take the first 40 people who raise $5000 through crowdrise.org.

So there it is: my goal is to raise $5000 as fast as possible and I can only do this with your love & support. The min.donation is $10 (to put it in perspective, this is approximately the cost of two Grande Lattes at Starbucks or LESS than the cost of a single movie ticket at most movie theatres). I truly appreciate your support in my efforts! I know that other SUPERNATURAL fans can help me make a difference in Haiti.

To donate, simply visit link and click on “donation” in the grey box on the right.

Much love & many thanks,
Catherine

Supernatural 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago barjy said…
do it yesterday...crowdrise but deanne willis..for haitian child...
over a year ago barjy said…
next i'm thinking of you...i didn't see your post before..sorry..but it's for the same cause...thank for all you do