Supernatural 100th episode - You're Thoughts

doctor-reid posted on Feb 01, 2010 at 10:33AM
It has been revealed that the 100th episode will be "a big mythology episode", says Eric Kripke, and will focus largely on Dean and his possible future relationship with Michael, the archangel he is destined to be the vessel for.

So what are your thoughts?

Many people, pretty much mainly the Sam-fans, have been, well, voicing their issues with this episode focusing more on Dean than Sam so why not voice yours. Whether your looking forward to having a Dean-centric episode or maybe you don't like the idea at all or maybe you feel that it should be about both brothers, let everyone know =D Here's my thoughts - and beware, it's quite long!

I can understand where ppl are coming from when they say that they want a Sam AND Dean centric episode for the big milestone, but I still think that it is a great idea to use this to mark it.

While both brothers get similar amount of screen time on the show, for the most part, it does seem that Sam has more centric episodes than Dean. Putting the fact that I am a Dean-girl aside, I think that the show has tended to focus on Sam more than Dean, especially in the first few seasons.

Theres the big things such as Sam's powers, his destiny, him being targeted by Azazel, him dying and now him being Lucifer's true vessel, but theres also the small things, such as the 'oh look, Sam's been kidnapped... again' tendency etc.

When was the last time Dean was kidnapped? Probably back in season 2 episode "Hunted" and why was that? Because Gordon wanted to lure SAM to kill him due to his destiny.

Just so people know, I do not have anything against Sam or Jared Padalecki whatsoever. Sam is a great character and Jared is an amazing actor (not to mention incredibly hot)! But I just feel that seeing as we have already dealt so much with the Sam-Lucifer destiny, it's time we learnt more about the Dean-Michael destiny.

We only have to look at the names of a few episodes to get the idea that Sam is focused on quite a bit - "It's the Great Pumpkin, SAM WINCHESTER", "SAM, Interrupted" - "Swap Meat" was initially going to be called "Being SAM WINCHESTER" etc...

Then theres the episodes where Sam is the main part or gets the most action -
- "TheBenders",
- "Bloodlust",
- "Croatoan",
- "Hunted",
- "Houses of the Holy",
- "Born Under A Bad Sign",
- "Heart",
- "All Hell Breaks Loose 1 & 2",
- "Bad Day At Black Rock",
- "Fresh Blood",
- "Ghostfacers",
- "Time Is On My Side",
- "I Know What You Did Last Summer",
- "When The Levee Breaks",
- "Lucifer Rising",
- "Good God Ya'll",
- "Free To Be You and Me",
- "Swap Meat" and
- "The Song Remains the Same".

Once again, I have no problem with these, but please stop saying that Dean gets all the attention on the show when really, he doesn't.

Thanks for reading my little rant =S
It has been revealed that the 100th episode will be "a big mythology episode", says Eric Kripke, and

Supernatural No replies