Spuffy Do you need Buffy to be in love with Spike to like Spuffy?

NikaDawson posted on Feb 13, 2008 at 02:17AM
I have a question for Spuffy fans. Do you need Buffy to love Spike back to like Spuffy? Or do you like it because of the depth of Spike's love for her?

Spuffy 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
No. I liked Spuffy before she loved him. ;)

I guess to me, I just like Spike so much, that I wanted her to want him because he wanted her to. Lol, did that make any sense?
over a year ago NikaDawson said…
Yes, that does make sense. That's why I liked Spuffy at first. Because of him.

But I don't need her to be in love with him in canon to like it.
over a year ago Kitzo said…
No way. I'm all about the unrequited love. And at least with the gradual realization of Buffy's that perhaps she did love Spike, it didn't get stale and overdone like the Bangel dynamic.

Spike's transition from hating her to wanting her, to wanting to be better for her... -That's- what made the pairing for me. Screw canon. :P
over a year ago blast319 said…
No. Spuffy was always something I really liked before she really "loved" him. It was tangible... not like Bangel, but I did love Bangel just because of the entire fairy-tale-esque of finding "the One"... but Spike came along and kicked Bangel's butt!
over a year ago amazondebs said…
no i like it when she hated him, i like it when they had a weird understanding, i liked it when they had a friendship, i'm not sure what you would call season 6 but i liked and well i think you get the pictures lol

i think the fact that they don't have the predictable naciously lovy dovy love at first site relationship makes it more enjoyable than anything
Yeah, they have a very complicated and textured relationship. It's not something that can be easily defined, like Bangel's 'fairy tale' love. It's something so much more than that, which makes it fascinating.

And yeah, their relationship took years to grow, unlike Bangel which one glance and they thought they'd found their 'true love'.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
it's the disney complex again
Yup. I bet Buffy grew up on the Disney movies, lol.
over a year ago mcewen_girl said…
I always liked them even before he liked her and i think that she always did love him she just wouldnt admit it but they were very cute but i hated the series finale it sucked for them
over a year ago heather13 said…
My favorite B/S time is season 5 so to answer the question, nope, don't need Buffy to love Spike to love the 'ship.
over a year ago Isabellas_girl said…
No,I don't need Buffy to be in love whit Spike.I love Spuffy for whatb they are. but I am really ahppy she loved him he really deserved her love.
over a year ago spikes_girl said…
nope. although it would make me love them more, spike's love for her was enough for me. besides, she DID love him in season 7, and that's my favorite season for them so it makes it better if she loves him, but i don't need it. i just feel horrible for spike if she doesn't!
over a year ago Isabellas_girl said…
I agree whit you.I think she loves him since season 6 but she was ashamed to addmit it bit I am happy she loved him.he really deserved her love after everything he went trought.
over a year ago laurabaybie said…
I don't think you need Buffy to love Spike back (although i think she did), its just the depth (as you say) that makes it more speacial (if you get what i mean)
last edited over a year ago