Spuffy Season Six: Which one is to blame?

NikaDawson posted on Mar 19, 2008 at 10:37AM
I was thinking about something and I noticed a bit of a trend. If your a Spike fan more than a Buffy fan, we usaully tend to blame Buffy for the failure of their relationship in season six. The reverse is true for fans of Buffy before Spike, with them tending to blame Spike.

My question is, what are your thoughts on who is to blame for their destructive relationship and do you think it's colored by your personal bias for one character over the other?

Spuffy 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
I love Spike a ton. That being said, Buffy is still my third favorite character in the verse, below just Spike and Oz.

I think they're both to blame. Buffy is way too cruel to him, but she's going through a lot, and hey, he lets her be.

I think that his mistake was trying to make her feel dirty, and using the darkness within her to his advantage.
over a year ago blast319 said…
I agree with nosemuffin.

Both were to blame. Buffy wasn't ready to admit Spike was someone she could love because he stood for everything she hated.

And he did use the darkness in Buffy to his advantage, and I think that pushed her over the edge. And I think he did that because as a demon, that was all he really knew.
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
I agree. And think that he also did what he did because he was desperate in trying to get her. So when he realized that the darkness was a link that they shared, he couldn't help but exploit it.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
for their break up? or destruction

if break i think we should just blame riley lol
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
I'm fine with blaming Riley. Sounds like a plan. As You Were is not a favorite...though I do like the way they shot the break up scene, reminded me of the scene with Angel in season 3.