Sonic Fan Characters PEACE!!!!!!!

shadowlily posted on Mar 16, 2011 at 02:03AM
today we r at war over a small thing called, recoloring. recoloring hase more them one name it is also called editing,overcoloring,and.....art theft?
well I've observed a lot of the fights, the artists are attacking the recolorer or recolorist.its only because they didn't cretit the corect person and cretited them selvs
so think about it recolorers and artists is it worth it , do u fight w/ reson do u want more and more people leaving fanpop when its ur fault,so plz,plz stop the war and stop the fights!!
shadowlily

Sonic Fan Characters 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago MephilesTheDark said…
Uh, yeah, nice try, but this plea has happened so many times before and this kinda thing has never worked.

As an art protector, if someone doesn't give credit, I'm going to fight until it's given. End of story, fullstop.

That's not to say I LIKE this war... Bleh, I'd just prefer it if people stopped recoloring, period. I can see that it's not gunna happen, but credit is easy to give and, heck, it saves a LOT of fights.
over a year ago catgirl140 said…
ONE. WORD.

CREDIT! =P
PS: Hi!. xD
over a year ago Lizzy-ILoveJB said…
Is it REALLY too much to ask for just a little credit? I stll won't like it but it's at least BETTER and LEGAL. >=[ Very simple:

GIVE CREDIT.
over a year ago Zenzes said…
Yeah, credit is actually all I ask for too.

Like I said many times before, I don't care if ppl recolor original SEGA art or screenshots from Sonic X. But I won't approve of recoloring Fan Art, Art from other people which you could ASK to use. If the answer's 'no', LIVE WITH IT. And if you still keep doing it without permission, don't get all bitchy and stuff when people say you shouldn't.
IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT. END.
last edited over a year ago
Yeah... I agree. Give credit and it's all cool with me. Although, if someone wants to recolormy stuff I'd prefer they ask permission too... People should just be curtious to the artist.
Exactly..
They say that they wouldn't care if someone would recolor their picturers. But only because they most certainly don't know how it is to make an entire picture by yourself, how you spent ages on it. Then correct this mistake, then that one and so on until you're satisfied. BAM, spent hours, days or weeks on it.

All they do is plainly draw over them. They don't know how it is. I often spent hours just to color a goddamn pic! *peers over to Keegan*
over a year ago popthefox said…
sad
@zenzes and mephilesthedark: yeah but theres a user called cecilceblue what she does is take a sonic scene and scribble all these lines on it.....thrst me u woundnt believe what she has done
@popthefox: What do you mean with 'lines'? ^^' I'm rather slow at some things..
@popthefox: *spasms violently then dies* (That's like... the 400th time I've died on here... xD)
LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME I AINT PLAYING ABOUT CECILNEBLUE link
angry
i erased her club called cecilne blue the hegehog cause it was just amy scenes with random lines all over it!
Oh my-WHATTHEFUCKISTHISSHIT!? Just recolors are bad enough, but THIS!? WHAT THE FUCK?!
Erm..sersiously.. WTF. WHAT ARE THE LINES FORRR DDDX no one will ever know *cough*

Now I know whatcha meant with lines...
That's is the WORST 'recolor' I've EVER seen... DOES THAT EVEN PASS AS A RECOLOR?!
EXACTLY!
if the orginal artist seens this then she/he might get a account there and report that art theft
I know I would... Actually, I HAVE. :/