Sonic Fan Characters What bugs me the most about fan characters

Eilv posted on Dec 23, 2010 at 07:45PM
Ok guys - this is what is up with me right now.

BAD RECOLORS
Ok, If you can't draw that's fine. Go ahead and recolor (Just not other people's art)Sonic X snap shots. But this is what bugs me. Taking the brush tool and painting Sonic out of lines and giving him sunglasses that looks like a dead horse will get you Haters. Make it neat.

UNORIGINAL CHARACTERS
This bugs me more. Painting Amy Rose yellow, make her dress and shoes white, and have her hammer green and name her Ami Sunflower is bad. Once again you will get HARDCORE HATERS. Don't do that if you want to be respected.

MARY SUES AND GARY STUS
The last thing we want is a character with no flaws. Making your character "Faster than Sonic, Stronger than Shadow, and hotter than Rouge" is just SCREAMING "Hey! I wanna get hated!"

STEALERS
This bugs me so bad! Ok, we know that echidna your friend made is awesome, but don't be a poser. Besides, isn't one of the 10 Commandments "Thou shalt not steal"?

Ok guys, my keyboard is gonne quit on me. I hope you enjoyed my little rant and I lessened some Mary Sues and Gary Stus :D

~*♥Eilv♥*~

Sonic Fan Characters 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago catgirl140 said…
tongue
Totally agree with you.

Blue + Yellow = Green. xD

Wait...isn't that a girl........? 0_0
Totally agree with you.

Blue + Yellow = Green. xD

Wait...isn't that a girl........? 0_0
over a year ago MephilesTheDark said…
...That pic always makes me LOL. XD

Totally agree with you, here. Recoloring is one thing, Recolor-Sues are another.
over a year ago Eilv said…
It kinda flips me out I used to recolor O_O
over a year ago Eilv said…
@catgirl140 That could be a guy, my hubby's hair is longish, and so is my dad's O_O
over a year ago MephilesTheDark said…
x3 Good you don't anymore then.

It kinda bugs me when people like link or link get their character's dissed for being recolors, when they are drawn from scratch but just look similar to an official character.