Sonic Fan Characters Theres Nothing Wrong Wit Re-Colors

devilthecat56 posted on Apr 13, 2010 at 01:13AM
there is nothing wrong with re-colors so shut up ppl re-color cuz they dont know how to draw i know how to draw but i dont know how to put it on the computer witch is y i re-color and i did make a character from the furry dollmaker thing but idk how to get it out so i re-colored
there is nothing wrong with re-colors so shut up ppl re-color cuz they dont know how to draw i know h
last edited on Apr 13, 2010 at 01:14AM

Sonic Fan Characters 35 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago darkhorn19 said…
after you draw a picture, you can scan it with a scanner (not an expert on that because i don't have one) or take a picture with a camera and upload it to your computer, and on the furry dollmaker you can use the prt sc key on you keyboard and if you have a laptop you can use fn key then prt sc and paste it in an art program like paint so STOP RECOLORING!
over a year ago MidnaTikal8223 said…
Also, you could type in things on link like cream base or any character you want or just rabbit base or something like that, get on paint, and click paste from, click on it, and draw and color it in.
over a year ago devilthecat56 said…
i dont have a scaner
over a year ago darkhorn19 said…
as i said "or take a picture with a camera and upload it to your computer"
Or do what I said, use a base.
over a year ago Flana_2 said…
tongue
Guys, leave her alone. There isn't wrong with recolors. If you don't like are way of art don't lok at it! SIMPLE AS THAT!
over a year ago darkkhorn19 said…
IT'S NOT A F*CKING WAY OF ART, YOU RUIN REAL GOOD ART AND CALL IT YOUR OWN
Agreeing with darkkhorn19, it's not right.
over a year ago rose_dark said…
its like taking a picture of the mona lisa and making her hair pink and saying its original. you know, you can use a base or take a picture of ur drawing and upload it.
over a year ago keirathewolf said…
it is ok 2 recolour as long as u say tht u recoloured it and who the real arist is no more fight's that would be easy wouldent it,...and i do recolurin and i say who the real artist is 2 the edited picture
easy isent it
over a year ago L4D_L4D2Fanatic said…
Seriosly if you say this is war...YOUR RETARDED
over a year ago keirathewolf said…
i agree with L4D_L4D2fanatic
over a year ago darkkhorn19 said…
I never said it was...and LEARN HOW TO SPELL! BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS SIRUS BUSNEZS!
why, of corze it iz. reclors are meanie and thing as it is unorignal and soopid
over a year ago blazeandarose said…
i`ve done all that. recolors, bases, drawing and all that.
over a year ago seuris said…
Better idea, thatn recolors: draw yourself... bases are greats!

If you recolors, that is art stolling!

NO GOOD! :p
over a year ago blazeandarose said…
oh by the way (to darkkhorn19) where is the print screen key on my laptop? i can see the fn key, but i don`t see the print screen key.

that`s why, i need you to help me!
it depends on your keyboard
over a year ago MephilesTheDark said…
smile
I am not a recolour hater.

It more so matters if the character has a good personality or not.

I made many recolours in my day... But now I regret it, because I think it is possible for anyone to make an original character, even if you say you can't draw. Because ANYONE, I repeat, ANYONE can draw.

But if I had to side... I would say, stop the recolours. It is very lazy and very unorginal.

What I like in a fancharacter is originality.

How I make an original character is pretty weird.

I take, say, Sonic, and recolour him. Then I change things. I add things, change the eyes, the shoes, the body, add pants, change the chest design, add this, take away this, and TA-DA! I have an original, non-recoloured fancharacter. Of course, I do this with my trusty 2B pencil and sketchpad.

And abilities; super speed, super strong, pyrokinesis... It's been done, people! Come up with something ORIGINAL! Like, say, I don't know... They can talk to ghosts, or something?

What I find most annoying is when people take a couples pick, of say, Shadow and Amy, then change Amy to themselves as a hedgehog... Nothing is more irritating to me than fancharacter/original character pairups. Not being a sexist, I think it's mainly fangirls that do that...

And Gary-Stus and Mary-Sues. I don't mind them, so long as they are original. But I do think they should be taken down a notch...

If you don't agree, I don't really care. =D

I'm not gonna bother recolorists and Mary-Su/Gary-Stu-ists, but you really need to grow up. =D

Have a good day. =)

AND here I prove what I said, that anyone can make an original character.

By taking on the 300 characters challenge!

link

Have a look, maybe give me some support... And enjoy!

There will be 300 characters there, non-recolors! ^^
over a year ago popthefox said…
hmmm
(@ mephilesthedark) what are gary-stus??
over a year ago Zenzes said…
Go google what they are XD Or just to say, the male version of a Mary-Sue.
What Zenzes said. They're like the ideal character- Think Edward Cullen.
sad
the only thing i cant do is draw right :(
It just takes practise- if you just recolor and never draw, you won't get anywhere. ^^
over a year ago Monsterosity101 said…
I have recolored, but now i have a new art program, so im starting to use that. What i have never done was RECOLOR ON SOMEONES WORK.
I only color on pictures from SEGA, and i do credit it. Thats just fine if you follow the rules. But when it comes to other peoples hard work, THATS JUST PLAIN STEALING. But, its fine if you do TWO things. Get the artist's permission, AND give credit to them. It's not hard.
^Agreed 100%.
smile
your right
smile
but i have posted a thing on my eilly the seashell club to all the recolorists and artists u may want to read the whole thing and comment please to tell me some advice here link
over a year ago segarainbow said…
just sayin , but u can see y ppl hate recolors. i asked a quetiopn b4. i hav nothing against recolors though.
over a year ago awsome_chick said…
THERE IS NOTHEN WRONG WITH IT IF U SEE A RECOLOR JUST MIND YOUR OWN BISSNESS U BICHES!!!
over a year ago catgirl140 said…
smile
Woah awsome_chick! D: No need to go that way!

Just pratise drawing and you'll get better, I promise. :3
If they can't get the drawing on the computer, they could use a camera, scanner and whatever. ;D

If it's really that necessary to recolor, ask for permision from the artist and give credit. It's that simple. It's more better to recolor SEGA screenshots instead of someone's art, it hurts nobody if done that way.

DO NOT steal image below.
Art by me.
Sonic FC belongs AngelicHearts
last edited over a year ago
Woah awsome_chick! D: No need to go that way!

Just pratise drawing and you'll get better, I promise.
awsome_chick, I hope you're aware that your immaturity, stupidity, and utmost displeasurable comments make everyone see you as the only bitch around here.
smile
i agree with catgirl or use tutorials or bases on deviantart i know i use to recolor few weeks ago but now i stoped thx to sweet_cream she helped me improve my drawings around here so please stop recoloring thank u and have a nicey day
Bases are good. ^^