Scrubs Aloma Wright's Return

cecilymsmith posted on Jun 16, 2007 at 09:37AM
Goalstopper recently posted a link to an article stating that Aloma Wright (Laverne) will be returning to Scrubs in the next series playing Laverne's twin sister, Shirley.

I just wondered what people's opinions were of this plot...
last edited on Jun 16, 2007 at 10:14PM

Scrubs 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago emzyp14 said…
well, that'd be cool, as long as shes as funny as laverne, i cryed when she died, lmao :P
over a year ago benji said…
Bwahahaha, Laverne and Shirley, you've got to love Bill Lawrence. Brilliant.
over a year ago Nav said…
The names are cool, but really, a twin? Isn't that a bit soap-opera-y?
over a year ago benji said…
Look at Scrubs and say half the storylines aren't soap opera-y :P
Ok, maybe, but still, reviving characters...
over a year ago ahastie7 said…
That's what makes Scrubs so genius, though. They take the completely absurd and make it work. After 6 seasons, I have complete faith in Bill Lawrence. And come on, twins Laverne and Shirley? Awesome. And from what it sounds like, Shirley will be the total opposite of Laverne, so I can only imagine Aloma Wright will have fun playing that. Can't wait to see it.
over a year ago AmyFitz said…
yeah I like this idea, as long as they don't make her exactly the same character as Laverne...

I'm a twin and I hate it when they think me and my sister have the same personality (I'd hate it more if we were identical)

xxx
over a year ago Rindidumplin said…
Yer, i like the idea, i my opinion laverne was one of the show's best secondary characters. Just as long as they dont make her the same....
over a year ago cecilymsmith said…
According to the same article, Shirley is going to be the total opposite of Laverne, which will be intresting I suppose. But I agree that it's all a bit soap-y and unoriginal.
soapy? twins exist in real life, but yeah I suppose it will ruin the whole Laverne's death being so moving thing.

xxx
over a year ago cecilymsmith said…
Soap-y because we never heard of her twin before. Had the character got a twin before they decided to bring Wright back? I doubt it.
True, but then again it sometimes is necessary to suspend one's disbelief for the sake of artistic liscence.

xxx
Every time I hear about these things I think - Well, couldn't they have agreed on the money *before* killing the character off (and then having to revive it somehow)? ...
apparently Laverne and Shirley are gonna be opposites (Kinda like me and my twin!)

Wasn't Laverne and Shirley some 70s sitcom?

xxx