Quotes Daily Quote

Jonapello23 posted on Nov 27, 2008 at 01:33AM
Quotes are awesome, and I'd like to give everyone a different quote every day that means something to me. I'll try to stay faithful to this, but I might miss a few days. Here's numero uno--

"How wonderful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward." Spanish Proverb

Feel free to give feedback or add quotes of your own. Enjoy-

Quotes 489 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 489

over a year ago mooimafish17 said…
"The more I study religions, the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."

Richard Burton
God is dead - Nietzsche

Nietzsche is dead - God

Griffiti found on college campuses and restroom walls.
I believe in the lust of the body and the incurable loneliness of the soul.

Hjalmar Söderberg
over a year ago life_rehab said…
surprise
Our poetry now is the realization that we possess nothing. Anything therefore is a delight (since we do not posses it) and thus need not fear its loss.

John Cage
When you're a little kid, you don't see color, and the fact that my friends were black never crossed my mind. It never became an issue until I was a teenager and started trying to rap.

Eminem
over a year ago alismouha said…
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

-George Best.
Don't send me flowers when I'm dead. If you like me, send them while I'm alive.

Brian Clough
Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

-Tyler Durden
"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."

Kurt Cobain
over a year ago Delilah_Scruggs said…
This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Shakespeare
"There is no place I know that compares to pure imagination."

Roald Dahl, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
"I'll see in another life,brotha"

-Desmond Hume

*Voted Best Lost Quote.
"The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper, more terrible it grows behind you, its edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love, or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off."

-Max Payne

I just love Fictional quotes.
last edited over a year ago
"There are no choices. Nothing but a straight line. The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask "Why me?" and "What if?". When you look back and see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions."

-Max Payne

Isn't it great?
over a year ago lydianm said…
"To be nothing but yourself, in a world which is doing its best to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting."

e.e. cummings
From here that looks like a bucket of water, but from an ant's point of view, it's a vast ocean; from an elephant's point of view, it's just a cool drink; and to a fish, of course, it's home.

Norton Juster, The Phantom Toll Booth
"[last lines]You...I should have known,I didn't even Recognize my own son,and you broke my heart,my son,what good is a bulletproof vest when death strikes from within?"

Dr.Ortmeyer

You may delay, but Time will not.

Benjamin Franklin
I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to build my ship.

Louisa May Alcott
If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.

Linda Sunshine
"I make it a policy to try never to make a complete idiot of myself twice in the same way. After all, there's always all kinds of new ways to make a complete idiot of myself. Why repeat the old ones?"

Margot Dalton
"It is always the best policy to speak the truth-unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."

Jerome K. Jerome
"The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going."

George Carlin
"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."

Miss Piggy
"Telling a teenager the facts of life is like giving a fish a bath."

Arnold H. Glasow
"It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...then it's fun and games you can't see anymore."

James Hetfield
"Don't have sex, man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."

Steve Martin
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

Albert Einstein
"Women complain about PMS, but I think of it as the only time of the month when I can be myself."

Roseanne Barr
"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping."

Bo Derek
"Indecision may or may not be my problem."

Jimmy Buffet
Hell begins the day that God grants you the vision to see all that you could have done, should have done, and would have done, but did not do.

Goethe
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.

AMBROSE BIERCE
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do"

-Voltaire
@Mooimafish

you like metallica?
call me moo, its quicker lol
know who there are but dont listen to there music if you see what i mean
why?
"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."

-Albert Einstein
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

-George Bernard Shaw
@moo
you quoted James Hetfield.

"It's choice,not chance that determines your destiny"

-Jean Nidetch
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

Charles Darwin
Yes, a friend recommended me that one - i thought it was rather good :)

It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.

Henry David Thoreau
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody, if he can help it."

Mark Twain
Is it not better to keep silence about matters which speech is incompetent to express; to be content with revolving in the deeps of the mind the infinite possibilities of the unknown?

Thomas Huxley
The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan
heart
Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.

Octavia Butler
heart
I disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire