Psych Could Shawn have a worse Friend.

Councilman posted on May 29, 2008 at 08:15PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sorry Gus is not a good friend to Shawn. He's almost never supportive and has a negative attitude all the darn time. He acts like a little girl, and whines so much it' hurts. The clips from the 80s show them being much better friends as kids than present day.
It's irritating as Monk can be and gets on my last nerve some times.
I like Monk but in small bites.

Psych 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago krazykray said…
I don't agree. Gus keeps Shawn grounded and brings common sense that Shawn otherwise would not possess. I love this show and would not change anything!
over a year ago tessajanuary said…
I like Gus as a character because he balances out some of Shawn's huge, outgoing craziness. Sure, Gus is kinda crazy himself, but it's a different kind. As for the whining, I think that it's just supposed to be funny, although it is exaggerated a bit much and can get annoying. Part of their friendship is that they have SO much history! Over the 20-some years they've known each other, they've developed an instinctive awareness and great repartee with each other. Though it may seem from moment to moment that Gus is not the best friend to Shawn, the fact that they've stuck together for so long (they've been to the Mexican border "TWICE"!) means a great deal and is a huge facet of their relationship.
over a year ago Woobie1 said…
Wow it's called comedy people. It;s not exactly a E! true hollywood story here. Lighten up a little, Gus makes the show for sure...if gus was not there then the show would not even be half as funny as it is know.
over a year ago Councilman said…
Gus is fine he's just not supportive most of the time and he most certainly does not make the show. Although he could have better writers.
over a year ago astroasis said…
Umm... I hate to have to say this, but with all the times Shawn mocks Gus, gets him into trouble he doesn't want to be in, totally ignores his ideas/opinions... It's not like Shawn is some sort of super friend to Gus or anything.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! Like the other responses said, it's COMEDY. So stuff like that just makes the show funnier. I love to see how Shawn totally messes with Gus and how Gus responds and tries to keep Shawn grounded. I think they're GREAT together!
This season the writers seem to be making Gus more supportive of the efforts of the team. And I for one welcome the change.
I changed my mind. Gus is still too negative.
last edited over a year ago
In "An Evening with Mr.Yang" the writers finally wrote Gus in as acting like a friend. He helped with the clues and was totally better than any show in the past.
Now if the writers would stop with the truly stupid lines they give Shawn and Gus the show would get even better. A little humor is Okay but in this episode there were lines and business that was really dumb and out of place and uncalled for, like the King Kong bit in the office. It's not funny and adds nothing to the show. My opinion.
last edited over a year ago