One Tree Hill About New Characters

Leyton4ever posted on Mar 24, 2008 at 03:39PM
Does it annoy anyone else that OTH has a way of introducing new characters that are virtually pointless sometimes??

I mean at least lindsey, carrie, jamie and owen serve a purpose...i suppose in a smaller way mia and millicent do too.

but then you have characters like alice and quentin.

I mean honestly what the hell was the point of alice. she served no purpose what so ever. she had no point to any storyline, other than some boring storyline of mouths job, which has been virtually ingored for several episodes now anyway which I find odd since it seems to be a big deal in the first several episodes, now we hardly even see mouth.

then there is quentin, i kinda like quentin but honestly what is his point. i assumed his point was regarding haley's job as a teacher and lucas/skills/nathan with basketball. but same with the mouth storyline we see it for several episodes and then he's like gone...which by the way it's been quite awhile since we've seen haley in school, and we've seen very little basketball at all, despite the fact that lucas/skills and to an extent nathan all coach...

not that this is really a big deal. I do kinda miss the basketball since it was always a big part of the show and i would kinda like to see at least of scene of lucas and skills coaching.

but that really isn't even the point. the point is that i have no problem with new characters, i just think that there is no reason to add a pointless character. i mean oth has a lot of characters as it is, then to add pointless ones i just don't understand. i mean quentin could serve a purpose but that purpose seems to have disappeared unless we see more in upcoming episodes but i'm doubting it.

One Tree Hill 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kathiria82 said…
LMAO Alice was just YUCK but I like Quentin. His storyline was okay. I guess it`s kinda hard to always show the basketball side because they`re out of HS now. I love this Season of the show, it`s just getting better.
over a year ago Leyton4ever said…
I agree it's harder to show it most definately...however lucas, skills and nathan all coach, ya know. I like quentin too maybe thats why it annoys me lol. but alice i mean cmon why even bother. i mean at least quentin quentin is relating to some most of the main 5 of the cast...instead of alice and her stupid storyline with mouth who's job we never even hear about anymore..and more so what the hell has even happened to mouth, we hardly even ever see him, not that it's necessarily bad lol.
over a year ago sr5950 said…
I agree, I don't mind Quentin, obviously he's very similar to a younger Nathan, I guess he's supposed to remind us how much Nathan has changed. Also I like the way basketball is still in the show, and Quentin makes it more interesting than if Lucas and Skills were just coaching a perfect team that won all the time.
But Alice I didn't see the point of, she was useful in that she gave Mouth a storyline in the earlier season 5 episodes, but now she's gone Mouth seems to have a much smaller role again. I think they could have given Mouth a better initial storyline that lasted longer. Perhaps they should have just brought Rachel back earlier and have had her competing with Millie for Mouth, that at least would have been more believable given their history, and no Alice would have been necessary. I think that they should focus on the older characters like Rachel, Dan, Deb and Karen, even Bevin and Tim, as they could be used so much more effectively than bringing in new characters only to have them disappear after few episodes!
over a year ago mtoll4 said…
You are so right.. I haven`t understood the point of them, we have only seen them in a few episodes, you kinda forget about them.. Quentin should have more scenes, and we should get to know him more.. Alice was just, I don`t even know what she was, but I din`t like her.. She didn`t give anything to the show..
Agree with you sr5959, they should focuse more of the old characters that many miss, instead of new characters that no one like and we hardly ever see ..
over a year ago lizisme said…
i don't understand why alice was in the show there was no point to that at all quentin kind of has more of a point but i dont think we need him either
over a year ago Leyton4ever said…
it just drives me insane...i mean seriously i'd much rather have deb or rachel, or chase or something have some kind of role...and i hated how the gave alice the role that mouth has a storyline and when she left he's pretty much non existent...i think we saw him more in season 1 lol.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago mtoll4 said…
I KNOW!!! They have really "broken" Mouth`s role :S We hardly see him, and it really bug`s me.. I would love to have Deb back:D That would be funny :P Chase can just leave! I don`T like him!! But I hope they give older characters more scenes ;)