Once Upon A Time Henry's father

afirewiel posted on Apr 18, 2012 at 03:13PM
In article, the producers say that the revelation of the identity of Henry's father will be an "ah,ha!" moment. They did refuse to say whether or not he isn't already been introduced.

I think he hasn't and that he won't be until season 2. Why? Because all the male characters that have been introduced either were killed in fairy tale land before the curse or Emma's already met them and she didn't react to them.

This is, of course, the slight possibility that maybe the dead characters were effected too, but they didn't end up in Storybrook. The only characters, though, that are dead are King Leopold and Daniel.

It can't be the former cause he's Snow White's father which would mean that Emma would have had to have slept with her own grandfather (disgusting!) and that it would make him both Henry's father and great-grandfather (double disgusting!).

While Daniel would make an interesting twist (and one that would make Regina's blood boil if she ever found out), I doubt it's him as Emma said Henry's father was a jerk and Daniel was nice.

Any thoughts?

Once Upon A Time 39 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago CelestialDream said…
Well Henry was born in Phoenix Arizona which I think could be a huge clue. (Phoenix's do rise from the ashes but this could be more a reference to his name being Henry than who his father is, not sure.)

Given what Emma herself has said: one nights stands is usually as far as she ever goes (mentioned in 1x07) and she's also hinted in 1x06 that she's been with a married man before. I'm guessing it was probably the married guy.

If it's an "Aha!" moment I'd think he'd be a fairytale character of sort. Gold was the one who secured Henry for Regina, I'm not saying he's the father but maybe Gold has a connection to who the father is.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago afirewiel said…
Keep in mind though that Emma told Regina that the father doesn't even know that Henry exists.
over a year ago CelestialDream said…
^I always just assume Gold knows almost everything lol. I'm still curious just how Gold found out about Henry, surely that was no coincidence.

But that makes me wonder, how are they going to introduce him? Assuming no one else knows who he is, Emma would be the only one able to contact him unless he just somehow comes to town. So many questions.
Indeed, but sadly it looks like we wouldn't be getting the answers until season 2.
over a year ago LadyKnighton said…
smirk
what about August?
He can't be Henry's father because Emma would know and she would have nothing to do with him.
over a year ago lindsaywhit said…
Based on last night's show, I'm guessing (hoping!) Mr. Gold is Henry's grandfather....?
Yeah, several of us have this theory that Bae is Henry's father. It would make such a great twist and I would love to see the look on Mr. Gold's face if he found out Henry's his grandson.
over a year ago Gleek4ever said…
I'm pretty confident that Baelfire is Henry's father. Bae was sent to a land without magic, just like Emma (our world). It's possible that they were both in the same orphanage or foster system. Even though Baelfire was a wonderful and kind soul in FTL, I can see him turning heartless after being abandoned by his father whom he loved very much. That would explain why Emma hated him and didn't even tell him about Henry. Plus genetically, Henry sort of looks like Bae. They have the same colored hair. Finally, it makes sense to me that Henry's father has a connection to FTL. Who else could it be besides Bae?
over a year ago bbiatch said…
It cant be Bae...have you ever tought about the age difference?
Bae went to the real world before Prince Charming and Snow were even born!! Lets say he was 12 when he went to real world and that Prince Charming and Snow were 24 when they had emma (Im just guessing numbers) that means that Bae had 36 when emma was born and send to the real world. Emma had Henry when she was 18 which means Bae was like 54.
I really dont think Emma slept with someone that old.
Who's to say time passes the same in our world as it does in FTL?
over a year ago Souki123 said…
smirk
Actually Emma said she:
1. had Henry at a young age
2. Slept with a married man for it as a one night stand.

So with that Bae could have been about 30 while Emma was about 20.
Actually, Emma was 18 when she had Henry, so she would have been about 17 when she slept Henry's father.
over a year ago robinsparkles97 said…
tongue
I think it's Baelfire. Scratch that. I'm SURE it's Baelfire. I ship EmmaxBae.
I think he's her true love haha :)
Exactly, afirewiel. Time doesn't necessarily pass the same way. And the vortex can cross TIME and space. They could have been the same age when they slept together.

@robinsparkles: haha that's great, but I still ship Emma/August
I honestly don't think age would matter much.
Honestly, Bae could pretty much be any age they felt like making him, or at least anywhere from like 8-14, and August was 7 when Emma was a baby. I think they could make it work.
@Gleek4ever: haha, I don't ship Emma/ August so I'm stopping at nothing to find her a new dude since Graham hit the bucket :'(
Tonight, I realized that Emma and August beat out Rumbelle in the spot for my favorite OUAT ship. I want August to be her true love and for them to get married and be together forever!!!!!! I just love them so much!!!!!!!

But you shouldn't give up hope! I've heard rumblings that they might bring back Sheriff Graham since he's so popular with the fanbase ;)
^That and it is a show about magic...so anything is possible!
over a year ago bbiatch said…
He is going to be back as the haunstam not as graham :(
I dont know what they were thinking when they decided to kill Graham!! who was the idiot who had that idea?? ugh
over a year ago csiAthens96 said…
i also believe that Bae is Henry's father. And i like EmmaxAugust but i think that Bae is her true love.
Yeah, if August isn't her true love *sniffle*, then I bet it's Bae!
over a year ago luciaholly said…
I'm guessing its Bae, and those who think there might be an age difference, it could be Bae's son?
^^That's an interesting theory! I haven't heard that one before!
over a year ago Nessiefan11 said…
meh
I think it could be Bae, because when I saw them in pictures from episode, I thought they share a slight resemblance to each another. But...who knows...
over a year ago DefineDelicate said…
monkey
I think it might be Bae, but who knows? it depends on when Bae went into the realworld. How old was he? and how long has time past since Emma's arrival again?? O_O
over a year ago MegaraRider said…
I honestly never thought about it. I suppose it could be Bae or Bae's son. But, I don't know. I'd like to see it be somebody who hasn't been introduced yet. Preferably someone NOT from the fairy tale world. I really don't like Emma and I don't think she's really good enough for any of the guys who have been introduced so far. Especially August.
over a year ago PrairieRose13 said…
It could be Bae, who says FTL and our world move through time at the same pace? could be like Narnia and only a year or 2, or even merely seconds went by between Bae entering our world and Emma and August entering out world..
over a year ago lukedmartin88 said…
hmmm
In my mind, I'm settling on the theory that Rumple's son is actually Peter Pan not Henry's father.
Think about it, Neverland is the perfect place to be sent after your father goes all dark and you become orphaned. The little girl who he was speaking to in the forest who told him about the blue fairy could possibly be Wendy?

looking at the teaser trailer just released, there is possibility that Captain Hook could be Henry's dad? Mad?? hear me out... he seems the right coloring, is most definitely a bad guy, and closer to the proper age. Considering Emma was in prison in Florida when she had Henry and Hook could have most likely have been some sort of drug smuggler? it's possible. Not someone I'd want to tell Henry about!
The probably with that theory is that Bae was sent to our world, not Neverland. How do I know? The blue fairy said he was sent to a land without magic (and Neverland definitely has some magic). Besides, Rumple made the curse so that it would take him to the same world that Bae was sent to. So, Bae isn't Peter Pan.
over a year ago Ouat_lover333 said…
tongue
Apart from the to that is mentioned baelfire was from fairy tale world so therefore could be in Boston or something. Therefore I think he could be Henry's father therefore a connection to mr.gold. But he also could be a random person that we haven't met yet because they are adding heaps of characters in season 2. It could be another classic character they haven't introduced yet.
over a year ago rere14 said…
That guy who played rene on true blood join Once Upon a Time cast for season 2 but no one know who he gonna be on OUAT, I think he's henry father (and also bael!)

Here's the article about him: www.digitalspy.com/tv/s181/once-upon-a-tim­e/n­ews­/a3­975­21/­tru­e-b­loo­d-s­tar­-mi­cha­el-­ray­mon­d-j­ame­s-j­oin­s-o­nce­-up­on-­a-t­ime­.ht­ml

Btw that guy creep me out, so if my thought turn out to be true, I don't think I will ship him with emma, but we'll see
over a year ago JoannaRocks777 said…
surprise
OMG What if henry's father was Daniel? Regina would be so pissed.......
over a year ago buffies05 said…
monkey
It is simply Baelfire.
Mmmmkay, it's time for you guys to listen to Robin ramble. *possible spoilers*
So, I don't think that guy at the start was Henry's dad. He is not on the cast list for episode 5, "Tallahassee", which is presumably the episode for Emma/Henry's dad.
That said, I'm starting to doubt that Bae is Henry's dad.
Which, last time I commented on this, would have made me really sad. Then I decided it was a bad idea anyway and now....now I don't know what to think.
All I can say is that I think the guy in episode s02e01 was Bae (maybe) and not Henry's dad.
What I know I probably wouldn't like is if Henry's dad was just some random loser. I know that OUAT probably would never do this to us, but let's just say that they hypothetically smoked something funny and did. I would be a bit upset. I hope that it's some kind of "aha" moment. And it probably will be, since JMo said she knew and she looked all devilish when she said it.
Anyway, we're going to know pretty soon, so you guys can make fun of me once we do for being so crazy about it.
I take back everything I said.. I am officially back on the SwanFire wagon XD
over a year ago Fan46 said…
heart
I think the guy at the begining of Broken is Baelfire AND Henry's dad. I really hope it's true.
^I think that as well...at least in the next episode we'll find out if that is Henry's dad or not.
over a year ago csiAthens96 said…
Finally we saw Henry's dad. I think i like Neal, he really loves Emma.
over a year ago RoxStar09 said…
sad
He loved her so much, he had to let her go. All because of the curse at Storybrooke, ME.