Merlin on BBC A question to those who care

Shepard14 posted on Oct 11, 2009 at 07:38PM
I wanted to know...how many of you actually want the series to deviate from the story, and Guenivere ALWAYS love Arthur? I mean,in the story, she gets married to him but actually loves Lancelot. NOw I can't wait till the second season comes to the U.S.A, and i have seen so many clips from season 2 episodes and I have RESISTED the temptation to click..I haven't found any sites to watch Merlin that is actually LEGAL, oh well..I must wait i suppose

Merlin on BBC 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago zuntiz said…
smile
It's a good question :) I'm normally all for Guinevere/Lancelot, but watching Merlin... then I'm more of a Arwen shipper, but I really like Lancelot and Santiago, almost as much as I like Arthur and Bradley :P
over a year ago heartmerlin2 said…
smile
That IS a good question! At the mo im not to sure want I want to happen, although i think i am edging towards Gwen and Lancelot.

I dont really mind though and looking forward to what the producers have in store for us!
over a year ago the_bunkster said…
sad
i want Merlin and Gwen lol!! in the first season their flirting was SO cute!! then all of a sudden theres sexual tension between Arthur and Gwen?? i dont care how the legend really goes! theyve changed so much from that already!! and i REALLY dont want Morgana to be bad at the end, like in the legends...
over a year ago knight_princess said…
Before I discovered Merlin, (my life was duller then) I was a major fan of the Arrthurian Legends. I was OBSESSED.
I thought the legend of Lancelot and Guinevere was so cool!! I didn't feel sorry for Arthur becuase he had done some pretty stupid stuff, and in lots of books he was considered not the most handsome looking lad. But Lancelot has always been handsome in the tales.

Anyway, when I saw Lancelot on Merlin, I hated him. I thought he was a Prince Caspain wannabe. He still is.
I now HATE him in 'Lancelot and Guinevere' He mucks about with Gwen. Gwen is all fluttery in this series. She's not as strong as she was in the last series. I feel deeply sorry for Arthur. I fell in love with him when he said "I'm his son, Arthur!"

Arthur loves Gwen so much. He seemed so upset even when he was just talking about his feelings to Merlin.

I HATE Lancelot/Gwen

I LOVE Arwen!!
over a year ago Shepard14 said…
I have to respond to my own post....Arthur and Gwen are THE PERFECT couple...In the legend i think Gwen was being foolish and she already married Arthur. I can't wait to see the second season, what little bits I have seen from previews and teaser clips, he OBVIOUSLY loves Gwen a lot!!