Lost Any Questions?

marissa posted on Dec 30, 2008 at 06:44PM
Before the primere I figure it would be a good idea to answer any questions a few of us may still be scratching out heads about.

I'm not talking about "what is that smoke monster" type questions, but things people may actually be able to help us out with.

So, if there's something you don't understand, don't remember or are curious about, ask away!

I have a few I was hoping someone might be able to sped some light on:

Can Desmond still see the future, or can he only jump back into the past now?

Did Kate's toy plane make it off the Island?

Why did Sawyer even get on the helicopter is he wanted to stay on the Island? (In "Eggtown he told Kate he wanted to stay, I'm pretty sure.)

Is Desmond still jumping into the past, or has it stopped now that he's found his constant?

When Ben moved the Island, it was sometime in late 2004 (around Christmas), but when he book a room in the hotel in Tunisia he asked for the date and it was October 2005. Did he jump through a year?

Anyways, ask away Losties :)

Lost 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago courtney7488 said…
"When Ben moved the Island, it was sometime in late 2004 (around Christmas), but when he book a room in the hotel in Tunisia he asked for the date and it was October 2005. Did he jump through a year? "

I wouldn't be surprised if he did time travel there. He did seem shocked when he woke up in the middle of the desert wearing a parka. Wasn't he wearing that same parka when he moved the island?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
I'll answer all of these, but due to spoilers, pay attention to my wording.

1 and 4 - Desmond is no longer having flashes. He is cured and will not be travelling in between 1997 and 2004 any time soon.

2 - Kate's plane is still on The Island, as it was with her Island belongings in her shelter.

3 - Because he wanted to be with Kate more than he wanted to stay on the Island, but jumped because he cared more about her safety than his own.

5 - Indeed Ben did jump a year in to the future.
over a year ago marissa said…
I have another question:
The Hatch exploded/imploded so now no one can push the button. Does this mean that there's a whole bunch of electromagnet stuff building up? Or did it all just go away when Desmond turned the failsafe key?
Did that move the Island?

And just a quick one on the Others/Hostiles:
First, there were the Hostiles, then Dharma came and they fought with each other (right?). Then Ben teamed up with the Hostiles and the Purge happened. And then the Hostiles moved into the Barracks and became the Others?
If they killed all the Dharma memebers, why let Kalvin live in The Swan?

Thanks guys :)
I have another one, lol.

At the end of "Eggtown", Kate hugs Aaron, who looks about 2-3 years old. Why did they wait so long to put her on trial?
over a year ago Rock_Smurf_77 said…
1. When he turned the failsafe and the hatch imploded i think tht tht was the end of the electormagnetivity, also no i dnt think it did move the island because the sound was different.

2. As for Kelvin i can only guess that they let him live is maybe because they did not know where the hatch was, they could have seen him on the camera but not been able to find it.

3. I have no idea lol
Why do the Others dress like hobos? Who are they trying to fool? The survivors? Why?
over a year ago courtney7488 said…
^That's one thing I never really understood. Maybe the Others didn't want the survivors to know that they had houses, technology, etc. so that the survivors wouldn't all try to join them at once?
over a year ago Giovanni_wasto said…
I think the failsafe did move the island, because suddenly Penny's team were able to find it. I think it must have moved right into their field of search, but it was stopped before the island moved noticeably in time.

Kate took so long to put on trial probably because that's just how the judicial system works a lot of the time - there are people being tried now for crimes they did two years ago (depends on the crime and complexity of the case I suppose). And don't forget it will have been an ongoing case, which spread way back before the episode we saw.

I think the Others dressed as hobos so that the survivors would think they had a chance of fighting them, and hence they stormed off into the junglek in the hope of saving Walt - it all ended up with Jack operating on Ben, and this was part of Ben's plan. SO I guess they dressed as hobos... so that Ben's tumour would be removed.