Lady Gaga My VMAs 2011 PERFORMANCE Idea!

Crushh posted on Jun 20, 2011 at 01:55PM
Ok this is just a random idea that came to me. By the time it's August, if Gaga was right about "Hair" being the next single, the VMAs would be the best time to promote it. ALL IMAGES HERE: IN ORDER:
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link

The theme is Rapunzel and Samson (biblical man who's strength came from his long hair) with a bit of Judas.

The stage looks kind of like this:
IMAGE 1
BUT NOTE:But in the middle there is something, it's covered up. Just imagine there is this in the middle:
IMAGE 2
But there's no stairs and the yellow/black is actually a cloth covering SOMETHING HUGE.
Dancers: dressed in ancient kind of Greek armour/robes

There's a short Judas Performance, probably just first verse and chorus. Judas is just sitting on stage with his jacket to the audience saying "Judas" on it. Gaga goes off stage. Judas stands up:

Opening bit of audio:
A man with Judas on the back of his jacket runs on stage. There's an opening bit of audio. "Go and find how to destroy her", "find the secret to her super strength" - a biblical reference to Samson, but strength represents Gaga's inner strength - that her hair gives her.

First Verse-Chorus:
Gaga comes out. She looks like this:
IMAGE 3
As she sings the first verse to the chorus, she's being pulled places by two dancers controlling her. She'd being ridiculed and the dancers actually pull some of hair out (it's a wig designed to do this). She sings the pre-chorus and the first verse with pain but as if she's going to break out of the chains.

During the hair-air-air-air-air-air, she shakes and breaks out of the chains.

Second Verse-Chorus:
At the beginning of the second verse, she takes off her wig, to unveil a red wig underneath with longer hair. She dances in sync with backup dancers till the end of the 2nd chorus.

Just before the bridge:
An edited bit of audio is played. It continues from the audio in the beginning. It goes "I found out her secret" "to stop her you must destroy her hair".

Bridge:
The lights go black. Except for two spotlights on Gaga on Judas. Gaga looks scared and frightened as she walks back and forth and acts like a damsel in distress as she sings "I just wanna be me, I just want to be free". Gaga walks to the back of the stage as Judas disappears. They use the last lines of the chorus to cover up Gaga as she heads to the back where there is the yellow/black cloth covering something huge.

CLIMAX/FINAL CHORUS:
As the final chorus hits. The lighting suddenly becomes like this:
IMAGE 4

The cloth is pulled back and Gaga's outfit changes. Now imagine these two pictures combined.
IMAGE 5 + IMAGE 6

Except instead of the Eiffel tower, it's a HUGE statue of Gaga standing proud with a monster paw up and long flowing hair, except it is covered with her hair at the moment. Gaga's wears a wig+hair one piece outfit where the hair is like Rapunzel's - super long AS IN COVERS THE STATUE AND 10 metres long all over the stage. The hair half covers the statue but is also connected to chains. These chains are connected to the larger statue and there's smaller statues on the side that look like they're trying to hold the statue down. Gaga walks forward, singing the climax of the final chorus.

As the hair comes of the statue, the full statue is revealed, it is actually wearing a huge exploding bra/panties. The hair also makes the chains snap as she walks forward (fake chains designed just to fall). The dancers push over the small statues.

Gaga's hair is covering the whole stage now. It's got lights and glitter in it. It's every single colour and texture she has ever used. For the last half of the chorus, the dancers come back out and dance all over the stage in her hair (remember: which is connected to her wig/hair outfit). Gaga dances along happy as well.

The performance ends with Gaga and the dancers dancing like crazy and the exploding bra.panties on the statue going off, much these two photos combined:
IMAGE 7 + IMAGE 8

Bit excessive, the exploding bra on the statue might be a bit much so maybe just sparks coming out of its head of something. Thoughts? :D
last edited on Jun 20, 2011 at 01:57PM

Lady Gaga No replies