Horror Movies Shocking & brutal horror movies

jlhfan624 posted on Jan 11, 2009 at 08:38PM
What is the most shocking and/or brutal horror movie you have seen? And why?

The hotel scene in The Devil's Rejects was pretty brutal for me, but I'm looking for more underground films.

Horror Movies 71 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-71 of 71

over a year ago Lunalovely said…
Some people mentioned The Girl Next Door. I dont find that to be horror, exactly. But it sure was disturbing. Thst bitch was fucking crazy. Its scary that its based on a true story
claim commented…
i agree 100 percent lunalovely over a year ago
over a year ago lloonny said…
Orphan was a shocking movie for me-Esther was 33 years old & not 9 OMG that's just creepy,The Uninvited was shocking too

Piranha 3D was very bloody & gore....disgusting
over a year ago Lunalovely said…
I saw the Orphan. Creepy but not shocking. Neither is the Uninvited, but its still awesome
over a year ago k666b said…
mischievous
Our lass next to me in bed!! Aaaarrrggghhh!!!666
over a year ago VOIDcollective said…
The black tar from Sleepwalker freaks me out.

link
The black tar from Sleepwalker freaks me out. 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2130389937/sleepw
over a year ago aprilc1 said…
Hard Candy was very hard to watch also Broken was pretty disturbing
over a year ago aprilc1 said…
I can think of two - Hard Candy and Broken -both are very hard to watch
over a year ago hostel614saw said…
meh
i always c hard candy at the video shop but never got it out it never looks like a good movie
over a year ago jester616 said…
Just watched Broken. Well worth it.

@hostel614saw--I recommend Hard Candy. Ellen Page is brilliant.
over a year ago jester616 said…
I saw Mum and Dad last week. It's not the most brutal movie out there, but it's one of the few i've seen recently that doesn't veer into camp territory. And it had an ending I didn't expect, which is usually a plus.
over a year ago CrimeMaster said…
monkey
As part of my research over the past two year I have watched one film I thought would never be topped... Then I'd find another that pushed the boundaries farther. If you missed the post I put up, I would appreciate if you would check it out for me

link

over a year ago stoperar said…
Texas chainsaw massacre because of the detail of the attacks
over a year ago thepawn said…
Make Them Die Slowly - older movie 80's i think but gruesome
claim commented…
exactly over a year ago
over a year ago mrshutcherson13 said…
mischievous
some of the saw movies are pretty brutal
over a year ago CallaLily11 said…
laugh
Okay, so I don't watch much gory movies, because a lot of times the gory movies have no story to it. So I think Final Destination 5 was pretty scary, I was tramatized after I saw it. The thing is I'm 11, and I watch a bunch of horror movies, Halloween, Dracula, Fright Night, Friday the 13th, Poltergeist, Silence of the Lambs stuff like that, and after I saw that I was so scared I could not go to sleep... O.O

BTW: am I the only one who hasn't seen a foriegn film... O.o???
over a year ago phuqtup1 said…
surprise
The most brutal movie I have ever seen is "A Serbian Film". Very graphic and twisted as all hell. I had to take a shower after I saw it. It is defininately not for younger viewers. This has things in it that once you've seen you can't unsee!
over a year ago jbieberluver94 said…
Although it's a horror opera, Repo! The Genetic Opera is pretty crazy. But things like Saw and Hostel, I'm not that person that's all about gore. I can take gore, but I don't care for it.
over a year ago alicebeautex said…
Shutter, the sinister, insidious, the stepfather.. its so damn brutal and scary.
over a year ago morganville-rox said…
worried
the part from mirrors when she rips her own jaw off or in final destination 5 when he gets stabbed by all those pipes is nasty and has given me a fear of being behind a truck with those on the back
over a year ago BexterD said…
High Tension was shocking and brutal within 10 minutes.
over a year ago claim said…
yes martyrs and the centipedes were wow im at a loss 4 words here people