Hetalia Since This scene Will Get Animated

pumpkinqueen posted on Feb 03, 2013 at 07:57PM
Let me tell you why this is the most heartbreaking scene in Hetalia:

It’s about France, the Country of Love, and it shows why he will never get to live up to his title. He cannot fall in love with a mortal,because they will die in a couple of years, and I don’t think anyone could take so much heartbreak.

Sure, France could fall in love with his fellow immortal beings, but what are the actual odds of his feelings being returned? And can you even imagine what it’s like for him when he sees one/two nations in love with another nation? He teases them, but I think he’s happy for them, and envious at the same time. He wishes he had what they have.

Oh, and let’s not forget the mortals who actually fall in love with him! The only feeling he’ll allow himself to display in those situations is gratitude.

Okay, I lied. This isn’t only about France, I think this is supposed to show how every nation reacts to humans, but it’s the hardest for him. He’s the Country of love who is not allowed to love.

And if you still think France isn’t lonely, check out his little breakdown in the middle of a Christmas event when England had to comfort him.

Hetalia 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago pumpkinqueen said…
The scene.
The scene.
The scene.
The scene.
The scene.
The scene.
The scene.
The scene.
The Christmas event.
The Christmas event.
over a year ago Tinekraut said…
Yes, he's quite a lonely man. And him goofing around is just a defense mechanism which people tend to misunderstand. I really like these scenes where Himaruya shows that different side of that world of anthropomorphic countries. It makes you ponder about such sad things about living a deathless life as a country and the irony of life itself.
over a year ago cheeseywiz98 said…
Maybe France could meet a nice little(not little as in a little kid) micro-nation (since it seems that they're immortal too) it seems there are a lot, i'm sure he could find someone eventually.