Harry Potter Dork

ecconitro posted on Jan 17, 2007 at 02:58PM
Is any one else here just like me in terms of being a Harry Potter Dork. I am 24 years old and still read the books and watch the movies over and over. My friends all say that I'm a geek. I really feel there is going to be an emptiness inside me when the last book is read and the last movies has been watched. Wow I am such a dork. lol

Harry Potter 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago supermario said…
Oh yeah. I can relate. I'm a bit older than you, and I love the books. In fact, I got turned onto them by a 40-year old who gave me the first book to read. Go figure.

In any event, I always hate getting to the ending of a series that you really really love. It's like saying goodbye to family and friends. It's traumatic!

I guess that's why fan fiction exists. So you can always revisit your favoritie worlds. It just isn't the same though...
over a year ago hpprincess said…
hp rulez im with ya man
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago tubby2002 said…
Oh, I am right there with you. I am 23 and all about reading the books and watching the movies. I even had to go see the 4th movie in the theaters by myself, that was a little pathetic. I am so excited for the last book but then again I dont want it to end. So yea, I am a Harry Potter Dork too.
over a year ago Jonapello23 said…
You definelty are a geek. I'm thirteen and I barely care about them!
over a year ago anti_Jate said…
if you barely care about them, jonapello23 why do you feel compelled to comment on every HP thing there is?
over a year ago Anumezzer said…
I agree with you anti_Jate.. hahah. Anyway.. i'm also a harry potter geek. But don't worry about, I use "THERES ATLEAST 50 MILLION FANS OUT THERE!" in my defence :P I cry when each book I re-read is over, or a sudden change in mood... I feel like I'm attached to the series.. and I don't know if I have anything to look forward to once the 7th one comes out, except perhaps the movies. Which, in fact, bring my imagination to life. Still, they cannot match up the novel. Thank God for J.K. Rowling, she gave me a purpose in life!
over a year ago happygolucky11 said…
me and my friend are 25 and 26 and we love HP!
so yeah we're dorks but the coolest dorks you'll ever meet!
over a year ago fawkes716 said…
I am a total Harry Potter Geek!
Ive read the books a million times and know almost every line in the movies.
I will be a hp geek for life, hp is freaking awesome and it doesnt matter how old you are to lvove hp!!
HARRY POTTER GEEKS RULE!!
over a year ago duckgoddess said…
I am such a HP geek I actually started crying the other day because I was thinking about the series ending. I grew up with the series (I started reading HP when I was 7) so it's really hard for me to think about it ending
I'm 14 though so I guess I don't have anything else to think about
over a year ago caintil31 said…
at first all i did was watch he harry potter movies. it steadily grew into and obsession. i went to the book 5 opening. i waited until midnight. i tried to read book 5 but since i never read any of the other books it didn't make sense to me. then i went to the book 6 opening and actually read the book and i thought it was excellent. after that i read the 5th book. around that time the fourth movie was about to come out so i read the fourth book. only till recently did i actually read books 1-3. i'm rereading the whole series for book 7. now i'm a little obsessed
over a year ago megloveskyle said…
Are you kidding? I am 21 and feel the same way. I turned my guest bedroom into Harry potter mania. I cried when I finshed HP 6. I didn't want Dumbledore to die!!
over a year ago choci33_lover said…
duckgoddes
literally you've taken the words out of my mouth,
ive grown up with hp
the only way i'll get through it ending
is with hopes that Jo will write more!!!

meglovesskyle: so did i :( i cried like a baby.
(i also cried when paddy died.. he was one of my favorite charactors!!)