Harry Potter Your views on the Half-Blood Prince film (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

-SarahRaRaRa- posted on Jul 15, 2009 at 06:09AM
Have you seen the (HBP) film yet, if so did you like it? Is it your favourite one yet?
Do you have any favourite scene from the film? Any bad scenes in the film(in your opinion)?Favourite charcater? Please review the film...
Have you seen the (HBP) film yet, if so did you like it? Is it your favourite one yet?
Do you have a

Harry Potter 25 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago NAtii8 said…
hmmm
i have to say that the 6th book was my fav and that the movie didn't live up to it :(
the fantastic, nail biteing ending/battle was cut as well as characters (Cho) and scenes were changed (after being paralized by draco in the train luna saves him instead of tonks.)

the relationship between harry and ginny is strong and when harry drinks the luck potion his face is hallerious :D the relationship between ron and hermione is fantasticly shown in the movie and it leads to alot of laughs :D

end thoughts: would of been nice if they stuck more to the book (refers to ending) but it was enjoyable to watch
over a year ago brittlegirl94 said…
heart
I've seen it! I just got back from a midnight screening, which was sold out btw, and I think it might have been the best night of the year. lets see, to start things out..
"if so did you like it?": Yes. I really, truly did. The cinematography was impressive, and even though it felt like it could have gone on longer, i was deeply satisfied.
"Is it your favourite one yet?": Being a movie buff I can't quite answer that yet being that I need to think on it, let it soak in so to speak. But if you had to make a bet with me, I'd say the odds are good.
"Do you have any favourite scene from the film?": Well... lets see... there are many, I have to tell you that people are not lying, this movie is HYSTARICAL. I mean so funny you can yelp! But being the really sentimental Ron/Hermione fan that I am, I'd say its the scene where Ron is in the hospital wing and he says Hermione's name, Lavender runs off but Hermione smiles & holds his hand. I was so elated!!
"Any bad scenes in the film(in your opinion)?": I'll name a few from book - movie that I am picking at, I hope you don't mind! haha.
-No "Will or Won't" scene at all. That was a great one that I was excited for.
-Draco in B&B is some kind of "initiation" instead of holding a necklace.
-No "slug club" meeting on the train, or hardly in the movie at all!
-Harry uses a darkness powder to sneak by Draco in the train.
-LUNA, yes Luna finds Harry in the train, NOT Tonks, now that one got me.
-The gaunt memory, the hufflepuff cup memory and some i may have forgotten were completely cut and not mentioned.
-Dumbledore made it a big POINT to Harry that he must get close to Slughorn.
-Katie Bell did not scream when she was momentarily cursed.
-Ron didn't take the chocolates on his birthday! (I know I'm so picky!!)
-The whole movie, WE got a secret view of WHAT Draco was doing, which was SOSOSOSOSOSO annoying because that & The Potions Book were all that Harry cared about ALL YEAR LONG.
-When Harry hid the Potions book, Ginny went with him and THE DIADEM WAS NOT SHOWN. It was not a great scene, even though they kissed.
------HARRY DID NOT TELL RON HERMIONE & GINNY TO TAKE THE FELIX FELICIS. HE DRANK ALL OF IT FOR OBTAINING THE MEMORY.
-Dumbledore did NOT, repeat, NOT freeze harry under the cloak before he passed away, which was crap because that was an exciting part in my opinion.
-No Dumbledore's funeral!
"Favourite character?": Impossible to say. Being a potter fan for 10 years means I don't have a favorite, but I dare say that the FUNNIEST character is Lavender. Watch her expressions though the movie, Jessie Cave is hilarious.

Apart from those (and please don't look at them as negatives, they are ONLY my thoughts) I really enjoyed this one. I cried when, well, Dumby went.. and I stayed though all of the credits.

I loved it and I'll keep posting here if anyone wants to talk about it!! Message me as well if you want to!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago -SarahRaRaRa- said…
heart
I've just seen the film and I have to say....this is definitely MY favourite so far. I absolutely LOVED it (I am EXTREMELY biased),but the film as a whole did seem a little bit on the short side and slightly rushed near the end but that's probably because the book has so much detail in which they have to fill into two and a half hours on screen.

There were LOTS of scenes which were side-splittingly funny throughout the film, but several stood out for me:

- The scene where Ron is in the hospital wing and Lavender comes rushing in and is devastated when Ron mumbles Hermione's name while sleeping. Also in this scene, Ginny says to Harry "About time"....which, being a HUGE Ron/Hermione fan, I found highly amusing. I almost died with excitement when Hermione smiles and holds Ron's hand...

- In Slughorn's Christmas party scene, Cormac eats Dragon tartar, which Harry tells him are "dragon balls" and McLaggen ends up vomiting all over Snapes's shoes....utterly priceless!

-After Harry takes Felix Felicis, Harry is positively the funniest he's ever been, especially when he encounters Slughorn and while at Hagrid's Harry replies to Slughorn and Hagrid "Or it could be the pincers"(Arogog's).....classic....Dan­iel Racliffe plays it really convincingly.

- If I had to choose my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE SCENE would be the scene, with Harry and a very upset Hermione, after Lavender kisses Ron. This is because of what Hermione says to Harry during the scene. Hermione asks Harry what it feels like when Harry sees Ginny with Dean (Thomas), but they are interrupted by Ron and Lavender, after the latter leaves Harry says like that(when Hermione sees Ron with Lavender). I LOVED this scene because Hermione finally confesses to Harry that she (may) have (underlying) feelings for Ron.

Saying this though, the fact that they didn't include Dumbeldore's funeral, to me, made the ending feel a wee bit rushed.

Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Daniel Racliffe were all fantastic in this one and came across, to me, as a truly soli and close friendship. Although saying that, Bonnie Wright, Freddie Stroma, Maggie Smith,Alan Rickman, Jessie Cave, Jim Broadbent, Frank Dillane(teenage Riddle), Helena Bonham-Carter, Tom Felton and Helen McCroy, I thought, all done an excellent job in portraying their characters, too.

All in all, as I have pointed out above, I thoroughly enjoyed the sixth movie and will definitely go see it again very, very soon!=D

Did anyone else realise that there were a fair amount of innuendos?
over a year ago laureng114 said…
I enjoyed it, I mean they cut out a lot and changed around some stuff but they had to.

Somes things I didn't like where...

-How Luna found Harry instead of Tonks. I love Luna but I was really looking forward to seeing Tonks' new patronus.
-The Burrow was set on fire?! Where did that come from?!
-I really wanted to see the scene when Dumbledore meets the Dursleys.
-They cut out Dumbledore's funeral :0 Why?!
-Bill and Fleur were not in the movie at all.
(Okay, I could rant for hours but I won't)

I really liked...(Well I agree with all of -SarahRaRaRa-'s)

-Harry after he took the Felix Felicis. It might have been my favorite scene in the whole movie. Daniel was so funny! I couldn't stop laughing especially when he did the pincers thing and clapped after Slughorn and Hagrid sang their drunken song. I really loved this part.
-When Cormac through up on Snape, absolutely brillant. Dragon balls...hahahaha.
-Okay, Hermione's and Ron's relationship wasn't suppposed to be that apparent but it was cute.
-Malfoy and Harry's fight in the bathroom was good I just wish that Moaning Myrtle was there.
-The love potion! Rupert played it so well! It was so funny when he fell off the couch. And then when he was in the hospital and Lavender ran away crying- justice at last, haha.

I could honestly go on for hours about my likes and dislikes but I will rap it up. I really liked the film and hope to see it again soon. It was sad, funny and dark all at the same time. I have to say Daniel really shined in the movie and finally had a chance to show his funny side.
over a year ago Janni said…
Ok, i have a question for the people who have seen the movie?

was this scene included?
- Harry's scene with shcrimgoer with the whole "you're dumbledore's man through and through?" and then harry tellling it to Hermione?

I'll come up with more later
over a year ago Janni said…
angry
and i'm so pissed that they didn't take dumbledore's meeting iwth the dursley's and the FUNERAL!!!!
over a year ago HarryPotterFan said…
I have to say this is the best Harry Potter film yet. I was worried from the previews that it would be too light-hearted and not enough anguish but I feel they got the balance just about right. I think what really made the film enjoyable was a humourous script and frankly better acting than previous films.
I have so many favourite scenes from the film, to name a few funny ones I can remember:
- The “dragon balls” scene (I think I was the one in the cinema that laughed the loudest)
- Harry on Felix Felicis (I immediately thought this must be the equivalent of Harry Potter high and it was hilarious!)
- McLaggen’s sleazy attempts to flirt with Hermione
To move onto a few of my favourite intense scenes:
- Dumbledore begging with Harry to stop drinking the potion
- Hermione being comforted by Harry after she sees Ron and Lavender kissing
- Dumbledore’s death (I would have been sorely disappointed if this scene hadn’t moved me and I wasn’t disappointed at all, I had tears in my eyes as they raised their wands. In fact this scene was so poignant I heard another girl in the cinema sobbing)
- The burning of The Burrow ( I wasn’t expecting it but I felt it really worked)
It was really effective the way they juxtaposed the more intense scenes with the amusing ones by alternating between them. I re-iterate these scenes wouldn’t have had nearly as much impact without the superb acting of all the cast; Rupert Grint, TOM FELTON and Jim Broadbent in particular.
All the actors have come a long way, I’m glad Emma Watson has moved away from “eyebrow acting”.
Another positive aspect of the film was its gorgeous portrayal of the landscape and the amazing special effects. In a behind-the-scenes feature for the film, the FX department said they had better technology and more knowledge of them to produce the best effects, and in my opinion this has definitely proved true.

Any bad scenes? I wouldn’t say so per se however I do have a qualm with the script as a whole. The theme of love played a significant role in the book but I feel there was too much focus on it in the film, and the way it was referenced was so brazen compared to the books. I don’t think there was enough screen time about the horcruxes and when Harry resolves to find them, I found myself asking did he even know how or where to look?
Also where was the battle scene in Hogwarts?! I was looking forward to it throughout the film :(
Finally, I wasn’t too sure about the way the audience knew Draco’s plans. Yes it condensed the film a lot and it probably would have been easier to follow for non-HP book readers but I just don’t know... I might have to watch the film again to make up my mind.

All in all, it was a great film and I’m really looking forward to the next two!
Oh! And no Rufus Scrimgeour. At all.
I was pretty disapointed in that because I do love when Harry says that he is Dumbledore's man, through and through. I also wanted to see Percy when he visted the burrow with the Prime minister.
over a year ago HarryPotterFan said…
Oh I just remembered a funny one liner in context from Ron: "Did you and Ginny do it?" May be just me that burst out laughing
over a year ago swimswamswum said…
OMg!
I think I died when Ron said that. That was one of the funniest lines in the movie. One of the components that made that line so funny was that, it was slightly unexpected. You somewhat thought it'd just cut to Harry walking dreamily or some other scene with his friends.

And I know it was only one of the LOADS of funny and hilarious scenes in the movie, that line got the loudest laugh in my theater. It honestly did. They laughed "exceptionally ordinary" (*wink, wink*) for all the others. But, even the people who were dragged there were rolling on the floor.
over a year ago JoseVanders said…
It was really funny, and overall it was great. Kind of annoyed that they left out some things or changed them, as most people have said but I suppose that always happens with book to film adaptions. It was really well done, not sure why they added some extra things in place of the things they cut. Like Bellatrix setting fire to the Weasley house? I dont remember that..

Even so its still worth going to see, emma watson was great, and its definitely the funniest so far :)
over a year ago Enchantedfan said…
smile
It was great. All of the theatres in my town where sold out and the mall was crowded. Even though I havn't read the books I still thought the movie was Beyond Brillant. It was very funny. It's also my favorite one so far. Although the end was sad it still is going to hit #1 on the Boxoffice (it got $20 million on it's first night and the best midnight run Ever!) If you wanna see a great movie see this!
over a year ago patriautism said…
I loved it..they changed so much though and didn't include the funeral scene (which i disliked)...It was still a brilliant film, and ranks second to POA as my favorite potter film.
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
I'm not as convinced. Maybe I have to re-watch it... I did with the 5th on and that turned out to be one of my favourite movies ever. But it didn't seem as well put together as the others... hmm... I'm not sure actually.
My biggest disappointment was when the Death Eaters just came straight into the castle without being stopped. That battle could have been fantastic! I didn't think they'd simplifly something as big and cool as that. When do the Harry Potter movies play down something in the book?? Never!

Having said that I did think it was the funniest and the most heartwarming. Harry Potter movies always had a cheesy sense of humour but this one is genuinely funny! Daniel Radcliffe's face when he had the felix felicis was brilliant! And Rupert's when he had the love potion. The girl who played Lavender Brown was also hilarious and I even have a warmer spot for Emma Watson than I usually do (she moved her eyebrows a lot less in this one).

So I thought it was good... maybe not up to the same standard as the 5th but then again I need to see it again a few more times to gain a proper opinion.
over a year ago liissaaxx said…
What a great movie. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince will be talked about for ages, or till next year. I was on the edge of my seat, couldn't look anywhere but the massive theater screen, couldn't help the tears that formed in my eyes. The book of course is better but this movie isn't too far behind. It was hilarious, breathtaking, emotional and everything that makes Harry Potter a world phenomenon. Scenes could have been more according to the book but they couldn't do everything the same as the book, unfortunately.
What made this movie far better from the others was the acting. Every actor played their character with passion and extreme greatness. Harry on lucky liquid, so amusing and Ron drugged with the love potion. The funny scenes were superb and the emotional intense scenes a big round of applause. Tom Felton, wow, he was really fantastic and may I add, quite good looking. I can't put how much this movie left me out of breath as I left the cinema into words. But I can try with two words: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Burning the Burrow was originally a chapter in the book but it got cut, obviously. I am so glad they put it in, it worked so well. The relationships were portrayed brilliantly, and Jessi Cave played Lavender with such accuracy it amazed me. I'm looking forward to her role in Deathly Hallows. What about Harry's life in the muggle world? In the cafe, with the whole Harry Potter bagging.

To sum it up this movie cannot be described with words such as good or bad, they just don't cut it. I give this fantastic movie a full five.
over a year ago Officefan222 said…
meh
I saw it at about 5:20pm yesterday. I thought it was ok. I liked Order of the Phoenix better. I was disappointed a little with the characters, like in the book, Tonks was in it alot more. But I thought the special effects were wicked good! And they added some scenes that weren't in the book. I liked at the beginning when Harry had to ditch the girl he asked out, and the best scene was 1. when hermoine attacked ron with the birds and 2. when harry and ginny were in the field being stalked by bellatrix and fenrir (yes, i noticed that was him from the posters.) I cried when everyone had there wands up in the air. I thought s better crying scene would be dumbledores funeral, with all the centaurs and stuff. I was scared when the hand reached out of the lake and grabbed harry. They ending scene was awesome with dumbledores phoenix flying away. It was nothing like the book, however, so I was a little disappointed
over a year ago mispulka said…
I´ve just seen it! And I really really love it! Mainly because there was a lot of Romione scenes which weren´t in the book.

- "Hermione has a nice skin" (Sorry, I saw it in dubbing so I don´t know how it´s in original) - I was soooooo happy! First Rupert is sexier than OotP and second ROMIONE ROMIONE! He admited it!
- "I smell a freshly mowed grass, a parchment and a peppermint toothpaste" (or which one :D) She admited it!
- "You had a toothpaste.. here" OMG so cute!
- The scene when Harry comes to the Great Hall - "Have you always eat?" (sorry I really don´t remember how it was exactly)
- The fight for a book.. I was dead with laughter :D
- Harry with Felix.. :D OMG that was hilarious! When they were on the spider´s "funeral" :D OMG I laughted so much!
- "He can say it easily.. He´s a hat!" OMG Ron is perfect :D

And many more scenes..

Sad scenes - The Burrow in flames, wands up, and the end. :´(

But on the other hand I didn´t like how much they changed the story. Where are the Gaunts? Scrimgeour? Malfoy and his "girls"? Dumbledor´s funeral? Bill and Fleur, the battle on the end? And in the book wasn´t anything about burning Burrow. I´m really interested in next movie, how they will do the half of book which happened in Burrow. :?
Lavender and Ron. That was weird. I expected more scenes with them. And with Ginny and Dean too. And sure, Quidditch! I expected a lot of scenes with it, and - NOTHING!
Also, when Dumbledore saw the memory about Horcruxs, he looked really suprised, but he´s already destroyed the ring, so he has to know what it was!

I´m mad because of it, but still, this is my favoritest (I think this word doesn´t exist, but it doesn´t mind :D) movie ever! I love Rupert (and Emma and Dan and Bonnie and everybody :D)
Did anyone else miss the fight scene?
I wanted to watch everyone duke it out with the death eaters.
over a year ago shieldmaiden said…
Personally I didn't miss it. I think that having the Deatheaters walk out with Snape and Malfoy after Dumbledore's death really conveyed the shock and just how scary things are to come. It was as though they were ghost like, wreaking havoc as they left. Besides, I always felt that the battle scene was out of place anyways.

What I Liked:

-The reintroduction of the characters at the Burrow. The whole thing with the stairs was marvelous! And Ron attempting to get the toothpaste off Hermione's lip corner was just too cute.

-The first potions class. Loved Ron and Harry's scuffle over the potion book, Hermione and the Amortentia (that was utter perfection with the addition of the scent of spearmint and how flustered she was), and Hermione's gradual losing of it in potions since Harry was doing better than her. Loved her hair at the end!

-The Oppugno scene! That is my absolute favorite scene out of the entire series with the exception of the Romione kiss, and Yates really made it something truly wonderful. He even managed to expand it to show how deep the friendship between Harry and Hermione is and how they coped together through their frustration over love. I almost cried when Hermione went, "Is this how it feels for you? About Ginny?" and Harry's reply when she cried after shooting the birds "This. This is how it feels." Oh man I'm practically crying now. Just beautifully done and rocked me to the core.

-Lavender Brown and Cormac McLaggen were wonderful additions! Cave portrayed Brown just as obsessive as she was supposed to be, almost borderline insane! And McLaggen, ohhh man McLaggen! His flirting was just too funny, especially at the dinner party!

-The little detailed things included for Romione like Ron accidentally making it snow and Er-my-nee.

-I know that it sucked that the funeral was cut, but I actually liked how they portrayed his death. I think the raising of the wands was very moving, the disappearance of the dark mark over the school. Almost seriously lost it though when they showed Fawkes flying around the school and the trio watching. Just, wonderful wonderful way to end the film with a fade out of them watching Fawkes and preparing for the war that is to come.

-Agreed on Felix Felicis! Loved Harry and the pincers! It was like he was high or something =)

-Funniest line: "So did you and Ginny do it?" "What?!" I think I died laughing at Harry's serious misunderstanding of that line! =D

Okay on to things I DIDN'T like!

-Harry and Ginny. I know you kind of liked it, but I found it to be as awkward as ever. From her feeding him to tying his shoelace for him, it was just whaaa? To sum it up I'll quote the guys that were sitting behind us, "Next thing you know she'll be cleaning his room and doing his laundry!" Still as underdeveloped as ever and I winced at the kiss. Plus it was never really mentioned again after the kiss.

-Totally agree with you on the Burrow attack! Nothing was gained from its addition and I seriously wish it had been left out!

-The inferi could possibly have looked better. I actually leaned over to my friend Corey and went, "Look, it's Gollum's cousins!"

-Oh man I actually can't think of anything else!

over a year ago aanniiee_ said…
I loved the movie! This is the first time I've felt more positivity toward a HP movie than negativity because I'm such a big fan of the books. I agree with what everyone else said about their likes/dislikes of the movie. My absolute favorite part of the movie though was definitely Draco. He was always such a constant character in the books, and one of my favorites, but he was always kind of left out in the movies. In HBP though, he was on top of his game! Tom Felton did such an amazinggg job playing the conflicted Malfoy, it gave me chills! I personally think he stood out the most in this film!
over a year ago helomusic said…
A very mitigated view. I don't know how to began since I saw it today so my disapointement is still fresh.
I'll start by the beginning, I still don't understand it and they butchered the book very easily!!
In the beginning when Harry and Dumbledore meet each other in the subway station wow it was just unbelievable they cut all the drama with the Dursley and when Dumbledore confront them because they weren't the parent he expect them to become and that was really a central scene of the beginning of the book and nothing just Harry who just flirt with some waitress just UNBELIEVABLE!!! I was really disapointed with this scene.
Ron/Hermione: The whole thing is just too obvious, it's not subtle like in the book after when Ron was with Lavender that was really some funny scene but it's still miss something I just ...
Ron/Lavender: Funniest scene ever they were the most hilarious scene of the movie and one the best!!
Harry/Ginny: Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! They were together during the whole movie it was just sooooooo nooooooooot like the book!!! She was supposed to be with Dean. Yeah together for like 2 minutes, yeah they are so a couple!!! All the movie was based on them and in the end they didn't broke up so if in the 7th movie they're together and she will be with Harry, Ron and Hermione during the Horcruxe Quest I won't be surprise it's just so predictable!!! And it's one the disapointement of this movie as a fan.
Horace Slugorn and the Slug Club: I was really surprise, I waited more of these scene but it's just not like I imagined and very disapointed.
Death Eaters: Just waited more but Bellatriw was great even I think she wasn't supposed to be there when Dumbledore died and was really disgusted by the fact even important scene was just change it's just not right and it doesn't right for me all these changes.
The Burrows Attack:I still don't know why the writers think that adding this scene which doesn't even exist can contribute in the storyline
The non existent funeral: For that I'm just disgust!
Draco Malfoy: I just want to say a good "Chapeau Monsieur Tom Felton" because the actor just do an amazing job but I just don't understand why Draco seems more like a junkie than some guy in a very painful distress and I still blame the writers for than and JK Rowling to let them saccage her work!!! I was impress by Tom Felton I almost cry with him but I think the whole "Draco Death Eaters" thing was too obvious and enough subtle once again it's just really tiring to have a movie even if you don't know the books or heard of it to be able to know how it will end after just watch 5 minutes of it!!!
Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour: They just supress them and the Bill's attack buy Greyback was just a forgotten part. I wonder there will be any wedding in the 7th movie wich is supposed to be divide in 2 movies so we can always hope.
Tonks and Remus: Definitely one the jokes of this film since they appear during like 3 minutes and they are already together pfff!!!
Quidditch Scene: It was a really great joke since it was just to make us see Hermione is in love with Ron, and to introduce the romance between Ron and Lavender it was just ridiculous.
Blaise Zabini: He is really woooooooooooooow!!!! It was the best for the end!!!
And I know I let a lot things but it's to big to continue.
So in the end I will just say an amazing movie but an awful adaptation!!! I hate it because it just disgraced the book but I love it because if I forgot 2 secondes the book it's a really interesting and great movie!!!
over a year ago BellaCullen96 said…
The movie was not true to the story, but it was hilarious! Some of the funniest parts are:

- When Slughorn goes back to himself after being an armchair.
- When Dumbledore asks for the magazine, which had a woman on it! He also said Harry's date was nice looking, AND he was looking at the picture of a woman on the wall. I mean, what happened to his gayness? Well, he did put his arm around Harry's shoulder and squeezed his arm. . . .
- At the Burrow, Hermione had toothpaste on her mouth and Ron goes to wipe it off, and then she says toothpaste was what she could smell in the Amortentia :)
- Hermione hits Ron for eating gelatin while his best friend is missing, then Ron tells her to turn around and Harry is walking towards them.
- When Ron and Harry fight for the good Potions book.
- When Lavender is always flirting with Ron and snogging him and everything.
- Harry and Ron are discussing why Dean would like Ginny, and Harry says she is attractive. He covers up for it by talking about her having nice skin. Ron asks if Dean is going out with her becaause she has nice skin, and Harry says no, but it could be a contributing factor. Ron also comments on Hermione's nice skin.
- Before the match, when Ron is nervous, Harry tricks him into thinking he drunk Felix Felicis. Also, Luna is sitting there with her big lion hat on her head.
- At Slughorn's Christmas party, McLaggen eats Dragon tartar, which Harry tells him is "dragon balls" and McLaggen ends up vomiting all over Snape's shoes, which gets him detention.
- When Hermione shoots the canaries at Ron.
- Ron saying "Hermione" in his sleep and Lavender running out of the Hospital Wing crying.
- Ron asking Harry "Did you do it?" after Harry and Ginny hid the book and kissed, and Harry seriously misunderstands him.

And my favorites:

- Ron after getting the love potion. He was hilarious! It was like he was drunk with love!

Ron: (Sitting and staring lovingly out the window) Beautiful, isn't it? The moon.
Harry: Divine. Had ourselves a little late night snack, have we?
Ron: (Getting up) It was on your bed, the box, and I just thought I'd try one.
Harry: Or twenty.
Ron: I can't stop thinking about her, Harry.
Harry: (Sitting on his bed) Honestly, you know, I reckoned she was starting to annoy you.
Ron: (Sitting close to Harry on his bed) She could never annoy me! (Pauses) I think I love her. (Nods)
Harry: Well, brilliant. (Sits on Ron's bed)
Ron: Do you think she knows I exist?
Harry: I'd better well hope so. She been snogging you for three months.
Ron: (Looking confused) Snogging? Who are you talking about?
Harry: (Also confused) Who are you talking about?
Ron: (Still confused) Romilda, of course. Romilda Vane.
Harry: (Getting up) Okay, very funny.
Ron: (Stands up and throws the chocolate box at Harry, who is bending down to pick up something)
Harry: (Jerking back up) Ow! What was that for?
Ron: It's no joke! I'm in love with her.
Harry: Alright. Fine. You're in love with her. Have you ever actually met her?
Ron: No. (Thinks) Could you introduce me?

And I loved the part where he falls off the back of the couch in Slughorn's office!

- Harry on Felix Felicis! Nothing was better than that. He was so high! Hermione was going over the plans with him and he was like, "Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's." And on his way out of the Common Room he says "hi" in a very cheerful voice to a random person. Then he sneaks up beside Slughorn while he is picking the valuable leaves off of the plant and he jumps when he sees Harry. Then after Harry said he was going down to see Hagrid, Slughorn says, "Harry!" and then Harry says, "Sir!" in the same tone of voice. What an attitude Felix has! lol. Oh, and the thing Harry says/does about the pincers, LMFAO! And Aragog's pincer even falls off when Slughorn is getting the venom. Then after Slughorn and Hagrid drunkenly sang their song, he clapped like it was some great performance. And when Slughorn told the story about the goldfish Lily gave him, he said poof, then Hagrid said poof, then Harry did too! It was like he was having the time of his life. And he was smiling the whole time the Felix Felicis was effective, too.

•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­•♥•­♥•♥­

Here are some things they left out:

- The beginning where Scrimgeour talks to the Prime Minister. In fact, Scrimgeour wasn't in it at all.
- The whole scene at the Dursley's with Dumbledore. I was so excited to see that!
- Harry getting the house on Grimmauld Place and Kreacher.
- Tonks finding Harry on the train. Luna found him instead because with her special glasses "she could see all the Wrackspurts around Harry's head."
- The Slug Club meeting on the train. They also didn't put in any other ones besides the first dinner party and the Christmas party. They didn't even explain why Slughorn picked the people there.
- Madam Rosemerta giving Katie the necklace. She wasn't in it at all, and Malfoy gave her the necklace.
- Every other class besides Potions.
- The school robes. They only wore them once or twice, and they wore Muggle clothes the rest of the time.
- Harry and Dumbledore Disapparating to and from Hogsmeade. They Disapparated to and from the Astronomy Tower.
- The other meetings with Dumbledore. Harry and Dumbledore only had two meetings, including the part where he got the memory after being high with Felix Felicis. They also only saw the two Horcrux memories and Dumbledore's Tom Riddle memory.
- Apparition lessons.
- Harry doing the Prince's other spells.
- Commentating at Quidditch. I was hoping to hear Luna doing it!
- The vampire at Slughorn's Christmas party.
- The explaintion about the Inferi in the lake.
- The potion and the lake being green. Even the poster pictures I have on my profile are green!
- The battle at the end! That was a BIG part! And that means that Bill isn't partially a werewolf, because he wasn't attacked by Fenrir Greyback.
- Dumbledore's funeral!!!!! How could they leave that out? Plus, I was kinda wondering what it would look like to have Grawp sitting at the back with Hagrid.

Other wrong things:

- The Felix Felicis should have been gold, not clear.
- Draco Malfoy was too grown up. I know that the actors are all adults now, but they didn't need to give Malfoy a suit and a brief case!
- The teen Tom Riddle looked more like the child one, and he should have looked more like the memory in the diary.
- The light from the Avada Kedavra curse was bluish instead of green.

I also don't think they should have burned down the Burrow. What happened to all their stuff, and Harry's Firebolt and Invisibility Cloak and all that? And now where will Bill and Fleur's wedding be?
over a year ago BellaCullen96 said…
heart
I also felt sorry for Draco. I know I shouldn't because he was trying to kill Dumbledore and all that, but he just looked so scared and guilty for the whole movie and I couldn't help it! Especially when he said "I've gotta kill you, or he'll kill me," and when he was crying in the bathroom. Another reason might be because hot guys like Tom Felton shoudn't look so scared :)

You know, sometimes I wonder what Draco would be like if he was raised by better people. . . .
over a year ago Mena09 said…
I saw it yesterday...It felt bittersweet
I couldn´t believe that i was finally watching half blood prince but at the same time I wanted more out of this movie and my expectations were not really fulfilled but noww I understand that Yates had a hard task but I just wished the movie had shown more Harry/Ginny and the development of their relationship (really important for Deathly hallows)now this leaves me to wonder if Yates will really brings us the perfection we expect with Deathly Hallows.

The Ron/Lavnder/Hermione love triangle was outstanding, I think it was really good portrayed, but I wish there had been more quidditch. The memories of the Young Riddle were ok.

The scene at the Burrow was not really that interesting...and I also wished thre had been more Remus&Tonks (I mean, they die in the next film)
*Dumbledore´s funeral was missing (I knew beforehand but anyway it was still a dissapointment)
*I loved the H/G embrace after harry saw Dumbledore´s dead body
* I wish They had shown a littl bit more about harry being jeaolous and furious (about Ginny&Dean) and also scared (while thinking of how Ron would react if he started dating his littl sister)

*Cormac was funny and I absolutely loved the scene of Slughorn´s tea party.

*Ron as always hilarious
*And Harry was kind of funny too

But all in all it was an improvement considering that Order of the Phoenix was not such a great movie...
HBP was a COOL movie
over a year ago Amy3422 said…
smile
I'll need to see the movie a few more times, before I can give my final say. Overall, it will be one of my favorite movies, although maybe not one of my favorite Harry Potter movies.
Some nitpicks are:
-Every part of the story except the romance felt understated.
-A lot of the funny parts would have been even funnier, if they had kept more lines from the book.
-The Ron-Hermione relationship was too obvious and Lavender was too exaggerated.
-The Ginny/Harry relationship was good, but too sudden and didn't develop properly over the course of the movie. Harry goes from hardly noticing her in OotP, to already liking her at the beginning of HBP. They never officially start going out and he doesn't break up with her at the end. (Probably their most important scene.)
-They should have kept the "Dumbledore's man, through and through"!!!
-The end was very sad, but not as devastating as in the book, because they left out the battle and funeral, and barely included the part where Harry realized what he has to do and that there is nobody left to protect him.
-And yet they added (in my opinion) a completely pointless and unrealistic action sequence in the middle.
-They revealed way too much about Snape. At the end of HBP, the audience should think he's evil!
-Harry flirting with the muggle waitress!?!?!
-Not enough about Voldemort.
-The Sectumsempra scene was decent, but I thought that it made Harry look a bit mean. In the book, Malfoy attacks first and Harry feels terrible later. I also dislike the way they changed Harry hiding the book.
-I don't think that the movie's in general have portrayed Ron as well as they should have. In the books he's a fairly complex character, but in this movie he almost entirely comic relief. Also, did anyone else notice how visibly separate he is from the others, at the end? They made it so that he's sitting away from them, completely left out of the conversation.

There are more, but I really did love the movie. Some of my favorite parts are:
-When Harry tries to hide the prince's book from Hermione:D
-Harry after drinking the Felix Felicis.
-The scene where Harry has to give the drink to Dumbledore (brutal!) and the inferi.
-Young Tom Riddle was perfect.
-Dumbledore's death was very moving, as was Harry crying on Ginny's shoulder.
-Slugghorn and Slugghorn's part!.
-Although I thought the movie showed too much of what Malfoy was doing, those parts were so well done that I have to appreciate them. Tom Felton was great!
-Even though it isn't in the book, I thought that the hug between Harry and Hermione, after Ron walks in with Lavender, was sweet and showed the Harry/Hermione friendship.
-The moment when Dumbledore tells Harry to hide and to trust him. *sob*
-Aragog's funeral.
-I wanted the movie to keep going, a long time after it ended!