Harry Potter Emma Watson's Eyebrows

caintil31 posted on Aug 14, 2007 at 01:40AM
I was watching The 4th movie today and realized that sometimes when Emma is talking she moves her eyebrows a lot. I noticed it in the 5th movie too. Especially during the part when she was explaining Umbridge's speech. It was like she was having an eyebrow seizure. Did anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?

Harry Potter 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago dlyteful said…
honestly for some reason her eyebrows kinda bother me. so i try not to pay attention to them, otherwise i end up watching them and not the movie.
over a year ago snoznoodle said…
Yeah its almost every word. Its very weird and pretty annoying.
over a year ago baebia said…
its the only thing that changes with each facial expression....she should really work on that.....
over a year ago PotterGal said…
Yeah, loads of people i know are annoyed about that and i have to say i agree. Like snoznoodle says, it happens every time she says something...
over a year ago duckgoddess said…
I know, I'm so glad others have noticed as well! She has to stop trying to act with her eyebrows, it's so irritating! While I think Daniel Radcliffe is competent (has anyone seen him in Extras? He is so much better as a comedy actor), as well as Rupert Grint if they gave him some good moments in the films, I think Emma Watson has a lot to work on acting-wise. If only they could cast people like the kids from Narnia, they were really good, especially Georgie Henley (?)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago caintil31 said…
Duckgoddes, I was thinking the exact same thing. Dan Radcliffe should be a comedy actor. He was brilliant in extras.
over a year ago fawkes716 said…
She has like over-active eyebrow condition its soo weird!
over a year ago tinydancer said…
I have never noticed that before, but now I wanna go and watch the films again to check! Totally agree about Daniel in Extras, he was hilarious! I loved that he made fun of himself in it, it made him much more likable I think. It would be interesting to see him in another comedy role...
caintil31 and tinydancer - it was the first time I enjoyed watching Daniel Radcliffe! The same thing happened to me with Orlando Bloom

I really hope someone in the films notices and tells Emma Watson before HBP
over a year ago caintil31 said…
Maybe for the sixth movie they'll get some scotch tape and tape her eyebrows down
They probably already noticed duckgoddess, but there's no stopping them once they get started..
over a year ago tubby2002 said…
I never noticed but now that it was brought up I will look for it.
LOL PotterGal - maybe they should subtly give her a flyer for acting classes or something
Is there anyone else who has weird eyebrows? It's such a shame they couldn't get better actors; I just watched Empire of the Sun with a 13-year-old Christian Bale and he is AMAZING...but I think I'm being pretty biased ;)
There are a lot of fantastic child actors out there: eg. Haley Joel Osment in the Sixth Sense and Abigail Breslin in Little Miss Sunshine. Both of them are amazing!

The thing i find weird was that Emma never used to do this eyebrow thing in the first 3 movies, and then suddenly she starts it in the 4th and now it doesn't seem like she can stop.
over a year ago Ravenclaw12 said…
I did notice but it never bothered me.
over a year ago darby_england said…
tongue
Its just something that she does to emphasize her talking. chill out!
over a year ago Lindsey_Grint said…
Yeah I noticed that too.
over a year ago Mrs-Grint said…
*snort* This was hilarious! Yes, I've noticed it. I found it rather amusing, but it gets kinda annoying after a while. Why doesn't anyone tell her that every time she talks her eyebrows look like epileptic caterpillars?!